Golf: PGA TOUR full schedule for 2022-23 season (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
But they let him around the course while knowing the results mid round....?

edit: read that they first knew at 4:20pm but waited for a second test. Still should of been pulled right away.

Last edited:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Wow. It's amazing to me that all these players would pass on the vaccine knowing something like this could happen. It's going to cost at least 1 player a lot of money.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I understand hesitancy to taking the vaccine, but when your job involves constant travel, it’s hard to feel bad for you missing out on tournaments if you get COVID.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Man not getting the vaccine when you're job depends on being in contact with others, travel, etc. is just insane. Just get a shot it's not difficult, side effects are tremendously rare, and you would never have to worry about this.

People in this world are so stupid sometimes.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Have you guys seen how much of the US Open NBC has put on Peacock? This is going to be a disaster.

They bet big on Peacock, and the numbers haven’t been good so far. Are they going to next put the prime-time Olympic coverage on this streaming platform no one has?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Higgo already with 3 wins this season on the Euro Your and now his 2nd PGA Tour start and he's got his first win. Impressive for the 22 year old. Only player with all 4 rounds in the 60s too.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Higgo already with 3 wins this season on the Euro Your and now his 2nd PGA Tour start and he's got his first win. Impressive for the 22 year old. Only player with all 4 rounds in the 60s too.

He’s about a month younger than Wolff and now in the top 40 of the world rankings. Good to see some young South African golfers performing well. They had a lull producing golfers after Oosthuizen/Schwartzel/Grace.

Reactions: Our Lady Peace

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
One of the more lackluster events on Tour this year.

I tnink I could count the number of shots CBS televised by the winner on 2 hands.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is it time to start discussing the Ryder Cup teams?

Europe:

Current Top 9: Rahm, Fleetwood, Hatton, Rory, Casey, Hovland, Westwood, Matty Fitz, Perez
Other Locks: Rose
Top Contenders (Two More Spots): MacIntyre, Lowry, Guido, Wiesberger, Sergio, Poulter, Wallace, Bullet, RCB, Molinari
My Picks: Rahm, Fleetwood, Hatton, Rory, Casey, Hovland, Westwood, Matty Fitz, Perez, Rose, MacIntyre, Wallace

Rose is gonna be picked. I can't see how he isn't. I think Bob MacIntyre deserves a spot with how he's played the last few years. You'd probably hope Victor Perez doesn't qualify automatically, and instead Rose or MacIntyre take his spot, so you would get an extra captains pick that way. Currently, I'd probably take Matt Wallace for the final spot. Sergio will get consideration, as will Poulter, and if Molinari or Lowry have a good next couple of months they probably also get serious consideration, but I think Wallace coming close to making the last team and now he's deserving again that he should get the final spot.

US:

Current Top 6: DJ, Bryson, Morikawa, JT, Koepka, Xander
Other Locks: Jordan, Cantlay
Top Contenders (Four More Spots): Reed, Webb, Berger, Finau, Scheffler, Zalatoris, Wolff, Mickelson, Burns
My Picks: DJ, Bryson, Morikawa, JT, Koepka, Xander, Jordan, Cantlay, Webb, Berger, Wolff, Burns

We'll see what Stricker does, but if Reed doesn't qualify, no way I'm giving him a captains pick. He brought this upon himself after the last Ryder Cup. We already have Bryson and Koepka that cause issues within the team. We don't need another. Finau doesn't win enough. Don't want him on the team. Same with Scheffler and Zalatoris. I can't consider them serious contenders until they win an event. For me, Webb and Berger are close to locks. If Wolff can play semi-well the rest of the season, he's also close to a lock. I'd go with Burns for the final spot because unlike Scheffler, Zalatoris, and Finau, he's shown he can win. If Scheffler or Zalatoris win between now and the end of the season, I'm taking them over Burns.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Obviously I'd prefer Pat qualifies on points but part of me wants to see what happens if he's 7th in points and requires a pick. He's way too good of a player to be left off the team if picking based on ability and results. So, if he's left off the team anyway then all the stuff that's been said about him is pretty much confirmed to be true. If he's picked anyway, then maybe not. Could be fun.

Since I'm not on the inside, I'll pick based on ability. Jordan, Cantlay, Reed, Webb are locks. I think Scheffler and Wolff are the best of the rest, but Wolff is a real wild card and his resume doesn't match his reputation quite yet. I'd still pick them and hope for the best.

Rose, Lowry, Poulter for the Euros, while hoping one of them or MacIntyre bumps out Perez.

Do we think there's any chance Phil gets a pick? I mean, surely he can't, right? What if they go with the ultimate 'team chemistry' pick and take Phil instead of Reed? I might literally die in that scenario.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Obviously I'd prefer Pat qualifies on points but part of me wants to see what happens if he's 7th in points and requires a pick. He's way too good of a player to be left off the team if picking based on ability and results. So, if he's left off the team anyway then all the stuff that's been said about him is pretty much confirmed to be true. If he's picked anyway, then maybe not. Could be fun.

Since I'm not on the inside, I'll pick based on ability. Jordan, Cantlay, Reed, Webb are locks. I think Scheffler and Wolff are the best of the rest, but Wolff is a real wild card and his resume doesn't match his reputation quite yet. I'd still pick them and hope for the best.

Rose, Lowry, Poulter for the Euros, while hoping one of them or MacIntyre bumps out Perez.

Do we think there's any chance Phil gets a pick? I mean, surely he can't, right? What if they go with the ultimate 'team chemistry' pick and take Phil instead of Reed? I might literally die in that scenario.

Yeah, I agree about Pat. No question he’s a lock based on talent. And I don’t think Stricker is the type to make a tough call like that. He’ll be there.

Phil, I doubt it. If he plays well the rest of the year, maybe, but what are the chances he plays well the rest of the year?

The other thing to consider with Wolff is that he’s only 22. I think with these teams you want to always be bringing along a few rookies or younger players. If it’s close, I’m taking him over a middle aged golfer.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Excellent play by him yesterday but Jason Day is still not healthy. He just winced from a right glute/upper leg pain from a fairly routine second approach shot on 3. He just looks stiff overall.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s going to be interesting to see what the Women’s PGA Championship ratings in the USA come in as. If it’s not good, I don’t know how women’s golf will get good ratings anytime in the near future. If you cannot get people to watch Nelly Korda’s first major win to go to #1 in the world, you aren’t getting good ratings for other tournaments. This is about the pinnacle of hype for LPGA headquarters, so we’ll see what it comes in as.

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it’s just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
It’s going to be interesting to see what the Women’s PGA Championship ratings in the USA come in as. If it’s not good, I don’t know how women’s golf will get good ratings anytime in the near future. If you cannot get people to watch Nelly Korda’s first major win to go to #1 in the world, you aren’t getting good ratings for other tournaments. This is about the pinnacle of hype for LPGA headquarters, so we’ll see what it comes in as.

330px-Nelly_Korda_%28cropped%29.jpg

"Nelly Korda, the New World No. 1, Has Arrived

Fresh off her first major title, Nelly Korda is strong, fearless and clutch. Get ready to see a lot more of her."

Nelly Korda Arrives as Golf's New Superstar - Morning Read (si.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad