Golf: PGA TOUR full schedule for 2022-23 season (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I'm just thankful the toxicology reports came back negative. The California Highway Patrol and local authorities should be commended for not jumping the gun or leaking evidence. I knew since there weren't any beer cans or liquor bottles strewn about in the accident, it was just an unfortunate accident. Get well soon, Tiger. My bad.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I'm just thankful the toxicology reports came back negative. The California Highway Patrol and local authorities should be commended for not jumping the gun or leaking evidence. I knew since there weren't any beer cans or liquor bottles strewn about in the accident, it was just an unfortunate accident. Get well soon, Tiger. My bad.

toxicology results take weeks...they do not have any results on that

Cops said they have no reason to suspect impaired driving at this point though

They said on Golf Channel he was going to a 7:30 video shoot and drove himself to get their quicker. Sounds like he might have been rushing/speeding to get there.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
toxicology results take weeks...they do not have any results on that

Cops said they have no reason to suspect impaired driving at this point though

They said on Golf Channel he was going to a 7:30 video shoot and drove himself to get their quicker. Sounds like he might have been rushing/speeding to get there.

And just happens to drive right off the road/highway.

It's fishy to me. I hope he's ok.

Zamknij kurwa ryj

Feb 22, 2021

That particular stretch of road is prone to accidents and multiple high speed crashes have occurred on it. So perhaps it's fishy to you because you haven't been paying attention.

If Tiger was distracted on his phone and rushing to get to a shoot he was late for, it's doesn't require any suspension of belief to understand what happened.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

They said at the news conference that it took place at a part of the road thats difficult to navigate, and a lot of accidents take place at. He was also going fast. Some accidents happen without any impairment.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I've driven down that stretch of road probably hundreds of times. Its very very easy to go way past the speed limit and it has a bunch of small little turns that come up on you in you're not careful. Just a little bit further down that road there's a runaway truck ramp because of the potential high speeds. My first thought was he intoxicated, but there doesn't seem to be any indication of that. I think its as simple as he was going too fast because his was in a hurry and he got distracted by something.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
torque is important.... it's not just the legs, the shattered ankle is equally if not more important

I can only imagine that poster was making a bad joke in poor taste.

Legs are extremely important in the golf swing. You load your right leg in the backswing and then the left one in the transition/downswing. Lot of forces go into and through the legs.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tiger was a walking ambulance before this. It's not like we'd be expecting his body to hold up well. Do I physically think he could complete a golf swing after 6-12 months of rehab? Probably. Do I expect him to be able to ever physically hold up? It depends what hold up means. He could probably complete some tournaments, but obviously not with anywhere near 100% health. 100% health is long gone. What this does is probably take him from 75% health and chop 10-15% off of that.

I was thinking about this yesterday, but I think he's going to continue to play because he's going to want to continue to get his son into the game and eventually maybe play in pro tournaments and majors with his son. I think he realizes that he's not going to be playing the Masters until 70 years old, but could he play a limited schedule for another 10 years? I think he might. Charlie could be into all the big tournaments in the next ten years, if not earlier. If he's anywhere resembling someone whose going to have a long pro career, it likely doesn't take more than 15 years to play in all these tournaments.

I think thats probably the timeline. Tiger sticks around for 10-15 years to help his son along in the sport and eventually try to play with him in some tournaments and majors. For the time being after he recovers from this, he'll attempt to win another 3-4 majors to catch/pass Jack with more injuries than before, but its not like he's been injury free for the last 20 years.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Morikawa wins the WGC. 4 wins and a major already at 24.

Crazy to think where Spieth was at that age and now.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Morikawa is just so impressive, if this new putting stroke can hold, watch out. Best iron player in the world, seems to have 'it' when it comes to winning, and a solid enough driver of the ball. Scary combo.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sounds like Bryson’s going to try to drive the sixth green this week when he gets the right wind.

I know it’s risky, but if he clears the water, probably the worst he can make is birdie.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Phil is supposedly starting to consider working for the TV companies, but is demanding a lot of money. I think he'd be great in a TV role, but I think he'd require a lead role and I'm not convinced he's going to want to work a regular schedule.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
It's pretty remarkable that with his career, he never hit #1 in the world. Tiger's dominance was truly incredible.
It was also a bit of bad luck too. When Tiger's game dropped in form (compared to his godly standards) in 2004, it was Vijay who took over and in the very small time frame between Tiger's reign and Rory reign, guys like Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, and Martin Kaymer all became number one for a time.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Already 35 balls in the water at 17. Ben An hit 4 and made an 11, Kevin Na hit 3 and made a 9 and then promptly WD'd. Should have betted the over on that prop bet. Which I don't get, because they all had practice rounds and wind wasn't a factor, green looked rock hard and even wedges with lots of spin weren't biting much at all.

Also, more guys shot 80+ then broke 70 today.

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
I have no opinion on this. Is the 17th a good hole or is it a gimmick?

Edit: I'm picking a 40+ year old to win.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jon Rahm will need to keep up his career for another 15 years without winning a major for me to believe he's the best player to have never won a major. Until Rahm or someone else does that, I will still maintain that Westwood is the best to have never won a major. It would be ironic if Westwood's last big win, as he's 47 and this is likely his last great chance to win a big tournament, will be a tournament that isn't a major but likes to advertise itself as the fifth major.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad