Golf: PGA TOUR full schedule for 2022-23 season (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
PGA Championship will allow range finders. Why? I’ve not seen one person so far that approves of this. Seems like a totally unneeded decision that no one asked for.

Do you like watching pros and caddies walking up to sprinkler heads and triple checking yardage books? I don't. If this speeds up play a bit, fine. It's not like this is taking away a skill or anything. They already know the distances, this just reduces unnecessary time.

I do imagine a lot of boomers will be upset at it though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you like watching pros and caddies walking up to sprinkler heads and triple checking yardage books? I don't. If this speeds up play a bit, fine. It's not like this is taking away a skill or anything. They already know the distances, this just reduces unnecessary time.

I do imagine a lot of boomers will be upset at it though.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I also totally admit I’m a traditionalist. I like that golf’s a game of traditions. I don’t want to see Mickelson wearing shorts or Hatton wearing hoodies.

Even if it speeds up play, is pace of play actually such a big issue in the pro game? I feel like that’s way over-exaggerated. There are a few guys who are slow, but otherwise I think it’s okay. It’s a much bigger issue recreationally. I’m not even sure I I’d want it to be policed more rigorously at levels where the results really matter.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Pace of play would be a much lesser issue if broadcasts became better at squeezing more golf shots together per hour.

Meanwhile, Jordan is back at it again. I was actively rooting against him last week because I didn't want to hear anything from Golf Twitter about the juxtaposition of Reed and Spieth winning in back to back weeks. This week, I'm okay with it. Although I'm more interested in Akshay of course.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Brutal 4 putt for Lashley and his tournaments over. He was tied with Berger for the lead. That’s sucks so much

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Well, good win for Berger and he really capped off the ice in his veins round by eagling the 18th after the double bogey yesterday at that hole.

Spieth had a good tournament but just couldn't finish it off. Still I like the direction he looks like he's going and a win will come soon if he stays on pace.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

The reasoning given was that the amenities were starting to be blown over by the wind, and causing danger to the players and volunteers. I'm not sure how different that was than a normal very windy round. I guess we'll have to take their word. Stopping play was pretty bogus though, if it's only a bad excuse. It blows 30 MPH every time the open is played. They never stop play just for the wind.

This is such a good course though, and a week like this where it plays really firm and its windy shows the challenge. Riviera is one of the only regular golf courses we see in the pro men's game that neither Woods or Nicklaus have won on.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Watching Finau lose these tournaments now isn’t even entertaining. It’s painful. I’m sorry but you can’t be good when you have one PGA Tour win. It’s not even the majors he loses, like DJ choked away in countless ways for so many years, Finau plays tentative near the lead in regular tour events. Painful to watch. He should be so much better than he is.

Didn’t sound like Tiger’s going to make the Masters from his interview today.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Big fan of Max so was happy to see him win.

Tony though man, damn. There's something wrong there, it's ridiculous how often he is close and manages to lose.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
EuyF1YUXEAMACxG

Tiger looked like me behind the clubhouse before heading to the first tee

Reactions: spintheblackcircle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad