OT: Goldeyes or Blue Jays

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
The Blue Jays are fading (but still in contention) and the Goldeyes look like they'll win the North and be in the playoffs yet again.

So who would you rather see win a championship?

I cheer for both. But a Blue Jay win could make the smug-o-metre go wild in the Big Lemon. On the other hand, yet another World Series would give incentive to youth nation-wide.

Hmmmmm ...

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Blue Jays. Any major league championship, especially in an almost entirely American league would be great for Canada and the Jays.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Picked Goldeyes as there was no option for Cubs.

Will the Cubs win a championship in my lifetime? I'm hoping to be around another 40 yrs, maybe more.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't really see the Blue Jays as Toronto's team. I watched them win 2 World Series and have suffered through MANY MANY terrible seasons since. I would love to see them make the playoffs, but Encarnacion is going to have to make an immediate impact and they need to get on a big roll. Getting swept by the team that you are battling for the wildcard with is brutal.

Sounds kinda Jet like, doesn't it? :laugh:

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
Ill vote for the Yankees. I cant get into Goldeyes baseball. As far as talent goes are they even on par with Single A? This independent **** is stupid, have a affiliation with a major league team so we can see some half decent prospects

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't really see the Blue Jays as Toronto's team. I watched them win 2 World Series and have suffered through MANY MANY terrible seasons since. I would love to see them make the playoffs, but Encarnacion is going to have to make an immediate impact and they need to get on a big roll. Getting swept by the team that you are battling for the wildcard with is brutal.

Sounds kinda Jet like, doesn't it? :laugh:

I thought TSN had already planned the parade for the Jays in June when they were 17 games above .500?! ;) they do this every year start off strong and fall apart and i LOVE it! Lets Go Yankees!!!!!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I thought TSN had already planned the parade for the Jays in June when they were 17 games above .500?! ;) they do this every year start off strong and fall apart and i LOVE it! Lets Go Yankees!!!!!

The Jays haven't been in contention this late into the season in a very long time.

If Encarnacion can contribute right away (activated today), if Lawrie can get back in time and if Lind can stay healthy the Jays have a legit chance.

They lost a LOT of pop when those three all went down at the same time. That is the meat of your batting order, and really shows what a powerful team the Jays are.

Sorry, but with the Yankees starting pitching problems they aren't going to be making the playoffs. Love to see them and the BoSox out of it.

If only one team makes it out of the AL East and it can't be the Jays, I hope the O birds do. That fan base deserves it.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
The Jays haven't been in contention this late into the season in a very long time.

If Encarnacion can contribute right away (activated today), if Lawrie can get back in time and if Lind can stay healthy the Jays have a legit chance.

They lost a LOT of pop when those three all went down at the same time. That is the meat of your batting order, and really shows what a powerful team the Jays are.

Sorry, but with the Yankees starting pitching problems they aren't going to be making the playoffs. Love to see them and the BoSox out of it.

If only one team makes it out of the AL East and it can't be the Jays, I hope the O birds do. That fan base deserves it.

I agree Yankees wont make it i cant remember the last time a team lost all 5 pitchers from its starting rotation. Im really pulling for tge Royals myself. Its been a long time for them and i think they have the pitching to pull it off. Either way should be interesting.

Does anyone know what youd classify the goldeyes talent level? Is it on par with single a? Or just above but below double a?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I agree Yankees wont make it i cant remember the last time a team lost all 5 pitchers from its starting rotation. Im really pulling for tge Royals myself. Its been a long time for them and i think they have the pitching to pull it off. Either way should be interesting.

Does anyone know what youd classify the goldeyes talent level? Is it on par with single a? Or just above but below double a?

It's single A I think. I really wish Winnipeg could move up. We really support the Goldeyes and would be nice to end up with a AA affiliation. I think I'd be more likely to get into that.

As for the Royals, I would definitely watch them in the playoffs. Me and a friend went to Kaufmann Stadium to catch a game on our way back from Florida last year and it was amazing.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I'll have to vote the Blue Jays as there is no Brewers option :p:. Would be very neat to see the world series brought back to Canada. I like the Goldeyes, but living 2 hours away from Winnipeg, I dont get to see them play enough. I havent watched a game in over 3 years and couldn't name one player.

Always makes me happy to hear they are winning though.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Any other big Goldeyes fans on here other than myself?

Maybe not a big fan but I'll follow their stories in the paper all season and make it to a game or 2 each season. I find baseball a boring game to watch unless I have a vested interested in it so I much prefer the Goldeyes to the Blue Jays.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
It's single A I think. I really wish Winnipeg could move up. We really support the Goldeyes and would be nice to end up with a AA affiliation. I think I'd be more likely to get into that.

As for the Royals, I would definitely watch them in the playoffs. Me and a friend went to Kaufmann Stadium to catch a game on our way back from Florida last year and it was amazing.

The Goldeyes play in an independent league, not affiliated with MLB at all.

Personally I'd much rather have that. The Goldeyes actually have control over their personnel, they aren't just sending guys out for AB's to develop them for a MLB team, they are playing to win. If a guy isn't helping the team win, they can make a change.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Honestly, never really followed the Goldeyes. I'm a fan of the Jays though and I'll catch at least 2-3 games a week on TV and listen at work if it's a day game.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Personally I'd much rather have that. The Goldeyes actually have control over their personnel, they aren't just sending guys out for AB's to develop them for a MLB team, they are playing to win. If a guy isn't helping the team win, they can make a change.

The person I was responding too was asking what skill level it was.

I liken the quality of Goldeyes baseball to single A ball.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada

I'd be interested in the Goldeyes playing affiliated if only because I don't follow an MLB team but I would if the Goldeyes were the farm team for one of them.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
A Jays championship would mean more to me because of the struggles they have faced since winning their last championship in 1993 -- they haven't made the playoffs since. The Goldeyes have seen more success as of late, in terms of playoff appearances, and the fact that both of their championships have come after the Jays' last World Series title. Ideally, both teams take home the crown this year.

I have heard Goldeyes baseball likened to AA ball. I haven't seen any affiliated ball myself.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB

Funny how we all think differently this is exactly why I dislike the goldeyes. Its all has beens and never will be's (well at least very unlikely) no star kids no vets coming down for conditioning. Sure would be nice to see real top notch talent.

If we had a triple a team I'd be a much bigger fan .... Minnesota would be prefect we all love to cheer on Minnesota teams go down there for games

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad