GDT: Golden Knights @ Winnipeg | 5:00 | How Did I Forget The Thread Edition.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
So, I'd hate to be the guy complaining about a win, but they've got to work on getting on the same page passing. So many missed receptions and passes just thrown to the wrong place. They also got hemmed into the D zone a few times too many and just couldn't clear the zone.

Third and fourth lines really need to step up.

Does it seem like Hunt's on the ice a lot of the times they decide to stink?

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
So, I'd hate to be the guy complaining about a win, but they've got to work on getting on the same page passing. So many missed receptions and passes just thrown to the wrong place. They also got hemmed into the D zone a few times too many and just couldn't clear the zone.

Third and fourth lines really need to step up.

Does it seem like Hunt's on the ice a lot of the times they decide to stink?

It did seem like Hunt got hemmed in alot tonight. But I think it was a product of Winnipeg forwards being very fast and big and overwhelming.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
That was a little too stressful for my aging heart.

Wow. Four points out of four possible on this six game road trip.

Off to Minnesota to thank the Wild for Haula and Tuch.

GleaveawinnerCERT.gif

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
My guess is that Subbie gets the Wild and Caps (this Friday and Sunday). MAF will get the Pens and Sharks (next Tuesday and Thursday).

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Some of you acting a bit entitled. Jets are a top team so can't expect to go in and impose our will on them. Most teams in the league would have been happy with holding them even and then thrilled to get the extra point.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Some of you acting a bit entitled. Jets are a top team so can't expect to go in and impose our will on them. Most teams in the league would have been happy with holding them even and then thrilled to get the extra point.
I’ve never been the “Happy to be here” guy. Perhaps the Hawks (and now the Knights) have spoiled me.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016

VGK should be feeling lucky, instead. Center Mark Scheifele is out. I will let this year's stats for 38 games speak for themselves: 15 G, 23 A, 38 P.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Went to CNA again to watch the game tonight...another lively full house. Anyone who hasn't been there to watch a game is missing out. Almost as fun as going to TMA for a home game.

That OT tonight was nuts. 3 on 3 never gets old. :thumbu:

Reilly Smith's goal was highlight reel worthy. What an individual effort! :cool:

GKG!

Reactions: Nevada Jones

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
That may of been a penalty but you can't enforce that after the fact. The point is the puck was behind him and a hit to the face didn't make a difference on whether he could have saved that puck or not. Goalie interference is only when the action done is what prevents the goalie from making the save. A hit to the face does not change that the puck was already behind him.

Hellebuyck was slashed in the face, therefore once Vegas player touches puck play should have been whistled dead. Or Goalie interference as the slash to the head clearly prevented him from making the save. Call it what you want but it's a missed call and you can't review penalties. It is what it is.

“Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attackingplayer initiates contact with a goalkeeper,incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goalwill be disallowed.”

Last edited:

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Lol my dad texts me cause he thinks Big Buff interfered with Neal. While I'd love that to be true, stick lifts are allowed.
Stick lifts are allowed, but this one negates interference. If a defender causes an attacker to contact the goalie, not interference.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Hellebuyck was slashed in the face, therefore once Vegas player touches puck play should have been whistled dead. Or Goalie interference as the slash to the head clearly prevented him from making the save. Call it what you want but it's a missed call and you can't review penalties. It is what it is.

“Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attackingplayer initiates contact with a goalkeeper,incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goalwill be disallowed.”
This is selective pasting. Buff caused the contact.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Watching those two scrambles again in overtime, i am honestly think that the Jets player should have been called for goalie interference on the second scramble. Pretty much tackled Fleury and landed right on top of him.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Watching those two scrambles again in overtime, i am honestly think that the Jets player should have been called for goalie interference on the second scramble. Pretty much tackled Fleury and landed right on top of him.

I think Colin Miller pushed him and the both of them landed on flower. I'd have to watch it again but that what I saw initially.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I think Colin Miller pushed him and the both of them landed on flower. I'd have to watch it again but that what I saw initially.
That's what I initially thought too. But I watched back, and the jet jumped onto Fleury, Miller followed. I've a feeling jets coach told them to maul Fleury to retaliate for the non reversal.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
Don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but when Neal slashed their goalie and the goal stood (should have been a penalty), I was reminded of the BS offsides call on Tuch that negated a crucial goal the last time they played there and turned the game around. Payback......

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1