Golden Knights fans, how has this season's success impacted fan support in Vegas?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I know when Buffalo had a contender the city was ignited with fandemonium. I'm wondering how rapidly fan support is growing in Vegas.

Last edited:

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Not a knights fan but i assume its kindof like in the movie major league, with charlie sheen.
Before the season started - these guys are bad
By the end of the season - huge support from a whole city
Obviously some differences but thats what i would think

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Expansion teams usually start out with a lot of excitement and support before it falls off a year or so in after the team sucks. Vegas never sucked, so I assume support started high and just climbed from there.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think it's helped a lot. I'll admit to being meh on their success but it's helped to create a new hockey market in an area many (Myself included) didn't think hockey would work. Let's see how the team does once they start struggling.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
As a frequent Vegas passer-through (work, not play) I must remark that I see a ton of their gear around town, and not necessarily on tourists (who also buy a ton of it). Don't know if that translates into actual fanhood, but there's a lot of hats on locals' heads about now.

Reactions: Iceman

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
17 hours.....7 posts.....almost none by LV fans.....

I guess maybe it tells us about their use of HF Boards?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I think next season and weather they can continue this seasons on ice success or not will be a better indicator of fan support. If they suddenly fall into the bottom 1/3 of the league and fan support stays steady then it is a good sign.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
I'm guessing new franchise, new fanbase, and a good team has led to good attendance, but I fully expect to be able to go to Vegas in a couple of years and get free tickets when you attend a time share presentation.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I know when Buffalo had a contender the city was ignited with fandemonium. I'm wondering how rapidly fan support is growing in Vegas.

From everything I've heard from people who live there and have recently visited, the Knights have taken over that city. Hottest ticket there is. Everyone is psyched about them. There's a buzz wherever you go regarding the Knights.

Jan 3, 2012
I'm sure the degens of Vegas love it.

Betting on them this season has likely proven to be extremely +EV.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Their merchandise is the biggest seller in one of the biggest hockey stores in Montreal. Over even the Habs.

So, I have to imagine they're huge in Vegas, they certainly seem to be when you watch their home games. Its really one of the coolest sports stories I've seen.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Was just in Vegas and there is Golden Knight stuff everywhere and alot of people wearing Vegas stuff.. Unreal to see and the city is on board massively... But on flip side it seems like they will be quickly forgotten about if they have a crappy season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad