46 Noah Rod - 19 Reto Schäppi - 60 Tristan Scherwey
14 Chris Baltisberger

Scratched:
G 62 Gilles Senn
D 76 Joël Genazzi
F 79 Damien Riat

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
Not very worried. Going to turn them into a swizz cheese. Hoping for a highlight reel collection as they will collapse in the second.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Swedes are so strong and smart and skilled but look what swiss has done. This will be a tight and hard game. I say it again. Many swiss players ahs been hockeyschooled in sweden and swiss federation has had Swedish leaders and their hockey program copied for decades. Im not that sure swedes will win. Not at all. And swiss are smart too. And some skill. Look at their goalie last night. Does he have the power to stand on his head for a game more?

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
5-2 Sweden
I think our run ends here. Swedes are too good.

You have as good chance as against the other teams you already have beaten. I think the game will end 3-2 , no clue to wich team. You might get your first gold medal. Sad for Sweden but great for the sport. I hope Sweden wins but wont be to angry if they wont.

Reactions: Jaska

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
As long it isnt Canada that wins i'm happy... ofc i want Sweden to win but it would hurt more if it was to Canada instead of Switzerland.

Reactions: crossbownerf

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
I like both of them, but have to go for the underdog on this one, GO SUISSE

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
pls let it be a Lake Placid, Denmark 92 or Greece 04 kind of story
Sweden win 9 times out of 10 games played. But we need just that one time. So difficult, but not impossible

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
So the big question, will the Swedes sport gold helmets from the start of the game or they politely wait until there is a few minutes left?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Against Finland, Finland under estimated them and got surprised, in the 3rd period Finland dominated which proved we couldve done better, but just couldnt tie it. So its like, Swiss somehow got here but I dont see them as likely Sweden killer as Canada or Finland.

That being said, it would be kinda great for hockey if they won.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Against Finland, Finland under estimated them and got surprised, in the 3rd period Finland dominated which proved we couldve done better, but just couldnt tie it. So its like, Swiss somehow got here but I dont see them as likely Sweden killer as Canada or Finland.

That being said, it would be kinda great for hockey if they won.

Finland isn't a Sweden killer tho...

Reactions: Fossy21 and alexpj

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Swedes are so strong and smart and skilled but look what swiss has done. This will be a tight and hard game. I say it again. Many swiss players ahs been hockeyschooled in sweden and swiss federation has had Swedish leaders and their hockey program copied for decades. Im not that sure swedes will win. Not at all. And swiss are smart too. And some skill. Look at their goalie last night. Does he have the power to stand on his head for a game more?

Nobody would deny the influence swedish coaches and players
had for the development of swiss hockey. (John Sletvoll introducing professionel coaching- and trainingstructures through the 80s always will be remembered)

But swiss icehockey, for various reasons like the money, the lifequality, political stability, geographical setting in Europe or the status of hockey as one of our major sports, has attracted a lot of people from every major hockey culture over the last decades. (Oftenly in waves) and thus swiss hockey culture is kind of a patchwork between all this different ideas and cultures. With Canada as the biggest contributer.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Finland isn't a Sweden killer tho...
Has won em enough times in playoff games or Finlas. Sweden aint Finland killer either these days. I didint mean its sure thing for "killer" to win Sweden.... Theres no such country that could have sure win

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Has won em enough times in playoff games or Finlas. Sweden aint Finland killer either these days. I didint mean its sure thing for "killer" to win Sweden.... Theres no such country that could have sure win

Eh Sweden is more of a Finlands killer than reversed... You was right about Canada tho they are Sweden killers.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Vlasics comments after game were telling. The Swiss goalie is criminal number #1, most wanted. He has absolutely robbed Finland the way he played in 3rd against Finland and Canada as well. The guy has ruined so many fans lives for now. Wonder if hell get a shot in NHL

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Eh Sweden is more of a Finlands killer than reversed... You was right about Canada tho they are Sweden killers.
Not lately.. I dont remember losing to Sweden in important games alot lately

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Not lately.. I dont remember losing to Sweden in important games alot lately

In WJC Finland been better than Sweden later years. In senoirs Sweden usually win in championship games.

That said Sweden and Finland doesnt meet that often in important games. Finland win 2011 in the worlds by cruising by Sweden in the Finals. Sweden won against Finland in the latest World Cup.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Then i suggest you to look it up...

4 - 1 last year semi-finals
3 - 1 olympics 2018
2-1 olympics 2014
2-0 world cup of hockey

You forget to list FInland Ws to balance it out, plus probably you discount WJC now, which is supposed to be more important than WHC in Sweden per some Swedes here. But it always changes depending on situation I guess.

When Finland won Sweden in 2011 Finals, some of you guys even made topic "Importance of World Championships" right after the loss Final, to discuss how little you actually care about WHC.

Marjamäki has sucked though, he has made losing art for us. He is now recorded the worst ever coach in country history.. It makes last years pretty bad. Im so happy to get rid of him.

But in big picture, I dont see Sweden that kind of beast that cant be beat anymore.. its past times these days. But I would tend to think that for Swiss, you definitely are that.. that was the whole point

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
You forget to list FInland Ws to balance it out, plus probably you discount WJC now, which is supposed to be more important than WHC in Sweden per some Swedes here. But it always changes depending on situation I guess.

When Finland won Sweden in 2011 Finals, some of you guys even made topic "Importance of World Championships" right after the loss Final, to discuss how little you actually care about WHC.

I agree that WJC is that yes and it's more fun to watch... even tho this isnt a WJC tournament or is it? and on Senior level Sweden is a Finland killer... so what's your point?

And had absolutly zero to do with WHC... but as far as i see it WHC is so important in Finland you guys embarrassing yourself to acctually make a beer named 6-1 :sarcasm:
http://www.polar-beer.com/images/1/Karjala_6-1.JPG

Sorry how far are i'm supposed to go back in time? to balance it out? your latest win over Sweden in a tournament that's not some shitty Sweden Hockey games or whatever it is is 2011 when you created that ridicoluse 6-1 beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad