GDT: Gold Medal Game • Feb. 23 • Sweden vs. Canada • Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Scarlet

Sep 20, 2013
Northern BC
Congratulations Canada. and congratulations to Team Sweden for joining us in this gold medal final!!

And thank you to the fans of Team Sweden for being the classiest of all our opponents fans! Graceful in victory, and graceful after a hard fought tournament that has brought them the silver medal in Olympic Hockey 2014, no mean feat, to be sure!!

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Someone please, please pleeeeeeeease gif Toews reaction on Kunitz's goal hahahaha.

Honest M

May 11, 2012
Woooo that sucked big time, MÃ¥rts managed to break us to the OG final but there not even EK could save his as.

Think he started ut on the break by taking the Chicago and Detroit pairings instead of Hedman/Brodon. Then he playd shut down first hockey and benched OEL until the last period in the final when he hoped he would help EK save his as once again but didn’t play out.

Me disappointed we didn’t use our great offensive defensemens as they should have done, otherwise Canada is a grate teem. Congrats well deserved.

:handclap:

aemoreira1981

Jan 27, 2012
New York City
The lesson to take home is on the skaters of Sweden---you can't cough up the puck! I don't think that Lundqvist had a chance on any of the goals Canada scored.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The injuries really hurt Sweden, they played a great game today regardless.

Well played Canada!

Leo Getz

Sep 4, 2007
I'm hard pressed to find a better D in my lifetime. Price got two shut outs in the last two games and all he really had to do was save the shots he should save. (Coming from a habs fan).

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Happy for Carey Price as well. Always liked him and glad he got the shutout

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
There remains no more excuses now to bash Canada:

Can't win outside of North America. Check.
Can't win on "true" big ice (because those 3ft less in SLC 2002 mattered). Check.
Can't go undefeated. Check, and how about not even trailing in any game.

Pure dominance this tournament where the team played like the roster of superstars they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad