GDT: Gold Medal Game • Jan. 5 • 8:00 PM ET • 02:00 CET • III (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektanto

May 31, 2012
Chelyabinsk
As our Russian commentary likes to say,
Ladies and Gentlemen, Sirs and Mesdames, Boys and Girls,
do you like this helluva gold medal match as I do?

Jackson14

Feb 23, 2013
The last 2 penalties were deserved but the one that got the ball rolling for Russia was just a terrible call.

pucky

Jan 11, 2011
Are people really complaining about calls? like do we really need to even say "that was a correct penalty" when Reinhart clearly hooks a guy on a breakaway?
How was it a breakaway? They were even until the Russian outskated Reinhart from around the top of the face-off circles?

I thought it was the correct call...

Nurse sucks. The Cdn defence is getting sloppy and making bad decisions.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
If Canada gives McDavid all the 5 on 5 time Gauthier's been getting Canada wins, simple as that. Can't believe the coaching decisions.

Ferjo

Sep 28, 2004
I don't have a problem with the goals fucale has allowed, per se. I have a problem with the fact that he plays like every shot like its a grenade coming in, and seemingly has no clue what is happening around him. It's just madness in net

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
The whole canadian team is choking hard. They are so fragile right now. This penalty was the worst thing that could happen to them.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
When Craig Button said Fucale was the best goalie prospect he saw in awhile, I shoulda detected the red flags.

I can't say most of the goals were his fault.......but there's something in his body language that, I have to admit after all this time.......unsettles me.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Virtanen call was sketchy. But the Domi penalty was textbook leaving his feet. Shame on anyone watching this epic game to be complaining about reffing.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Lol Eric Lindros and Mikael Renberg on SVT sounds like to lovers that havent seen echother for years

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Comrie needs to start the third. Fucale has no rebound control. The guy thinks he is playing ping pong. Staple Bowie and Hicketts to the bench. Tell Nurse to stop ****ing pinching.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
The tournament has been too easy on the Canadian's defence, they never had a real challenge and now that they're playing a good team they're completely exposed

snizzbone*

HugeCaringAsianelephant.gif

This is a penalty.. even in the NHL.. so obviously it would be in the IIHF. Not seen in the gif is Virtanen reading the play from behind the net and building up speed to just run this guy. He could have made a smart play and just used the body a little bit and gotten the puck, but no, he had to run the guy.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Any way Canada's defense allowed 5 goals in the whole previous games. The least ever as a Canadian Junior team. Always something to blame.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I only hate the refs because Canada had the lead, they aren't calling anything in Canadas favor

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
McDavid needs to on the ice a lot more!! Also Fucale looks like he has no idea where the puck is at times. Very nervous now

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Just give the Russians the gold already. We know who the refs want to have it.

Lol always excuses with you, called it before the game, you will blame the refs, fucale, team canada headquarters, mcdavid sucking
Cant admit that russia just OWNED YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad