Going to STL vs WAS

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Sort of just found out I'm going to the game tomorrow (surprise from fiance)! She told me three weeks ago that we would be going somewhere this weekend as a birthday present, and since Pearl Jam's Fall Tour is over, I had no idea what she had in mind.

While talking over breakfast, I asked her if where we were going would have internet so I could at least watch some of the game - and then it hit me. :yo:

I already have a Tarasenko home jersey from last year, and a Sobotka alternate from the year before - now is the time to get a Lehtera away jersey.

A couple of questions:
- Is there a way to get anything signed? How early and where should I go?

- Do I change the Sobotka jersey to a Schwartz jersey (even though I'm a huge Sobotka fan) just so I can complete the STL?

- Any sign suggestions? Something clever with Lehterasenkshow is always welcome.

- Also, she's a Chicago "fan", so I've never been able to get her to wear a jersey, but I might have convinced her to wear one if one of us wears Lehtera and the other Tarasenko (she think it's so great that they're best friends). The only question is - which one should I wear? Make her wear Tarasenko to rub in Rundblad?

Thanks for the fun input, and yes, of course my NEXT purchase will be a Cody Beach jersey sewn from his unanimous HOF ballots, duh.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Let's be honest, most 'fans', including her, are really just people who happen to live in Chicago. She's seen more Blues games than every other team combined. There's still hope, right?

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So is there now two diehard Beach fans on this forum or did Multimoodia make another account?

Jack Bandit

Jan 27, 2014
Illinois
The Rundblad part is going over my head. I know he's in the Hawks' org., but in the context of a Caps/Blues game, I don't see where rubbing in that we essentially traded him for Vladdy applies. Anyways, that part just confused me. Have fun at the game!

Not to derail the thread, but the real loser in the Rundblad sweepstakes was Phoenix. I feel kind of bad for them since the Sens wound up getting Turris.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Rundblad part is going over my head. I know he's in the Hawks' org., but in the context of a Caps/Blues game, I don't see where rubbing in that we essentially traded him for Vladdy applies. Anyways, that part just confused me. Have fun at the game!

Not to derail the thread, but the real loser in the Rundblad sweepstakes was Phoenix. I feel kind of bad for them since the Sens wound up getting Turris.
Because his fiance is a Hawks fan.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I don't think that's going to happen. The players go straight to their locker rooms, it's not like they're gonna be hanging out in the lobby signing things for fans. They have an actual game to focus on.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I've never had anything signed at a game. I go to the practices or the meet and greets for that.

You used to be able to, if you're lucky, grab some signatures as the players are leaving the parking garage but I'm pretty sure they've nixed that now.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
But seriously, how early should I get there if I want to get something signed?

You'd need to go to an off-day practice or a staged event to expect that to happen. But if you go early and watch warm-ups there's a decent shot at someone flipping you a puck. Even if they don't, its fun to get right on the glass and watch the players. If you've never done it, you'll gain a whole new perspective about the team.

I took my wife to her first game a couple weeks ago in Dallas (Tarasenko's hat trick) and we did that. Now rather than ignoring the action when I'm watching a game at home (she's not really a hockey fan) she is starting to ask questions and remember which player is which.

The real irony is that we ran into a Dallas fan who was the biggest Ott fan in history. She told this long story about a student of hers whose mother was dying of cancer, and how she'd asked Ott to sign something to her and he went way beyond. One thing I learned going to that game: Dallas fans love Steve Ott, and he's given them lots of reason to. I think most of them would be shocked at how little regarded he is in St Louis.

Have fun at the game!

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Alright then. Thanks for the help. I just didn't know because I've never been able to go outside of just after Christmas with my family. We usually do that instead of giving each other Christmas presents, and no one really like to get there early.

Living in Chicago, it's not likely I'll be able to go to a practice, but if I were, so they charge admission or anything? Maybe I can get my family to go to one.

Again, thanks for the answers.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Alright then. Thanks for the help. I just didn't know because I've never been able to go outside of just after Christmas with my family. We usually do that instead of giving each other Christmas presents, and no one really like to get there early.

Living in Chicago, it's not likely I'll be able to go to a practice, but if I were, so they charge admission or anything? Maybe I can get my family to go to one.

Again, thanks for the answers.

The practices are at the St. Louis Mills mall and they are free.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
You guys are awesome!

Thanks for sharing the Ott story. So much more respect for the guy. Hopefully he scores soon so everyone can give him a break. :)

Thanks again!

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Also, she's a Chicago "fan", so I've never been able to get her to wear a jersey, but I might have convinced her to wear one if one of us wears Lehtera and the other Tarasenko (she think it's so great that they're best friends). The only question is - which one should I wear? Make her wear Tarasenko to rub in Rundblad?

Unfortunately the Blues marketing division isn't quite this creative so I'll have to enlist beaneaters.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Thanks for the fun input, and yes, of course my NEXT purchase will be a Cody Beach jersey sewn from his unanimous HOF ballots, duh.

However, at least your choice of jerseys is more certain of greatness than your choice of future wives.
A good thing, a hockey sweater is forever.

So is there now two diehard Beach fans on this forum or did Multimoodia make another account?
That's it smart guy, just keep that snark up. Then, when Beach leads the Blues to their inevitable Stanley Cup (and by "their Stanley Cup" I of course mean the third round) after breaking the modern scoring record you're going to try to tell everyone you knew all along.
And you know what? You'll be lying and you'll have to live with that internal shame. It'll eat away at you, leaving you a shell of your former self, no longer able to really enjoy the game.
All.Because.You.Doubted.THE.Cody.Beach.

You should prepare for this eventuality now, it'll make it easier in the long run.

I think Multimoodia knew about him first, but, I mean, who doesn't think this kid has a future?

Exactly. Both toughness and gamesmanship.
He's gotta have the highest intangible scores since Toews.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That's it smart guy, just keep that snark up. Then, when Beach leads the Blues to their inevitable Stanley Cup (and by "their Stanley Cup" I of course mean the third round) after breaking the modern scoring record you're going to try to tell everyone you knew all along.
And you know what? You'll be lying and you'll have to live with that internal shame. It'll eat away at you, leaving you a shell of your former self, no longer able to really enjoy the game.
All.Because.You.Doubted.THE.Cody.Beach.

You should prepare for this eventuality now, it'll make it easier in the long run.
Haha hey I'm on board with Beach leading us to a "cup", I'm not doubting him.

I didn't think The Lehterasenkshow was you since his posts didn't have the same wittiness, but I remembered I hadn't seen a post of yours in a while so I didn't want to rule out the possibility of you pulling a fast one on us. ;) Beach fans are exactly like Cody on the ice... Stealth, with a quick-strike ability to make an impact at any time, especially in the 3rd round of the playoffs when the game is on the line.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
Haha hey I'm on board with Beach leading us to a "cup", I'm not doubting him.
Very well, but we will have to keep an eye on you.

I didn't think The Lehterasenkshow was you since his posts didn't have the same wittiness
I'd hope not, this level of wittiness requires either several concussions or heavy medication.
Or both.

Beach fans are exactly like Cody on the ice... Stealth, with a quick-strike ability to make an impact at any time, especially in the 3rd round of the playoffs when the game is on the line.

Noone's sure how so much shear power can be unnoticed until that critical juncture...you can't with our understanding of physics and perhaps Corsi+...yet Cody does.

Vincenzo Arelliti

He Can't Play Center
Oct 13, 2014
Lisle, IL
Remember when our prospect pool wasn't that good? Our old prospects are now 'mysteriously' so much better, our new prospects decided to play for us, and Tarasenko/Lehtera/Schwartz are now all 'magically' first line players?

Training with Cody Beach during the off-season. Easily the best player/coach to ever play/coach the game. The only reason he fights is so that he can give the players on the other team a chance to touch (or be touched) by greatness. Thus, 'The Beach Slap' was born.

Anyway, the Lehtera jersey looks AWESOME. Only problem is that the numbers on the left sleeve are coming off after getting them originally pressed at the Blues store near section 118. Can I iron them back on? Anyone ever had any experience with this happening before? They usually do such a great job.

Also, (back on topic), you get a free player t-shirt when you purchase a jersey there. When I asked for "The Beach", they had no idea what I was talking about. I think the lady behind the counter got offended.

I elected to go with future, interim-captain, Jaden Schwartz. Someone's got to hold the fort down while Beach touches the AHl one punch at a time.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Remember when our prospect pool wasn't that good? Our old prospects are now 'mysteriously' so much better, our new prospects decided to play for us, and Tarasenko/Lehtera/Schwartz are now all 'magically' first line players?

Training with Cody Beach during the off-season. Easily the best player/coach to ever play/coach the game. The only reason he fights is so that he can give the players on the other team a chance to touch (or be touched) by greatness. Thus, 'The Beach Slap' was born.

Anyway, the Lehtera jersey looks AWESOME. Only problem is that the numbers on the left sleeve are coming off after getting them originally pressed at the Blues store near section 118. Can I iron them back on? Anyone ever had any experience with this happening before? They usually do such a great job.

Also, (back on topic), you get a free player t-shirt when you purchase a jersey there. When I asked for "The Beach", they had no idea what I was talking about. I think the lady behind the counter got offended.

I elected to go with future, interim-captain, Jaden Schwartz. Someone's got to hold the fort down while Beach touches the AHl one punch at a time.

Ouch. That's why I never do the heat pressed jerseys. I got an Oshie heat pressed several years ago and the "I" started peeling off. I vowed then to never get a heat pressed jersey again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad