Going to a KHL game

Brodano75

Расмус Дахлин
Apr 12, 2015
Hi
Just looking for some information. I am going to Moscow for the first time in February and am staying near Sokolniki Park. I think Spartak play near there? Anyway would I need to buy tickets online or can I just turn up on the day? Also I speak no russian so will this be a problem? What is it like going to Spartak games? Thanks in advance :)

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
Hi
Just looking for some information. I am going to Moscow for the first time in February and am staying near Sokolniki Park. I think Spartak play near there? Anyway would I need to buy tickets online or can I just turn up on the day? Also I speak no russian so will this be a problem? What is it like going to Spartak games? Thanks in advance :)
sokolni park is RED metro to centre about 4 or 5 stations,
i was in moscow in september, about spartak i dont now, i was at dynamo moskow http://www.dynamo.ru/ at ice palast- you can buy tickets online, http://tickets-dynamo.ru/ it is in english and very easy. with metro you go easy there to (green line station Автозаводская) , about 10-15 min from centre, and walk another 7-10 minutes.
CSKA http://www.cska-hockey.ru/is a must to watch, unfortunatly NO online ticketsale, we went there to buy tickets the day before game, also here with metro (also green line station Аэропорт) from centre about only 15 minutes. м. Аэропорт, Ленинградский проспект 39 с.41 kassa direct at the main street
russians dont speak much english, but tehy are very friendly and help you,.. with metro you need just be able to read the letters, then it works :)
google maps is a big help, you should look into it at home already, all metro stations and lines are there, so you should take this with you, it is important when you enter metro, so you can read the station curilic letters as well as the direction (you should look the station name of the END to your direction, so you walk into right way ;-)

Last edited:

Brodano75

Расмус Дахлин
Apr 12, 2015
Brilliant thanks for the info! I might go to both cska and dynamo then :)

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Unless it's play-off, I guess you can jump in on matchday for almost any team in KHL but I'd strongly recommend you to learn Cyrillic alphabet and simple phrases in Russian, at least. Learning and being able to read Cyrillic without problems doesn't take much time, you can get it done in just one or two days. It's not like you are gonna die of starvation if you can't speak Russian, but really, it helps A LOT to know some stuff.

Moreover, as far as I've seen, Russians get really happy and more respectful when they see you speaking in Russian so that's another plus. I am also planning to visit St. Petersburg near spring but at the moment I am very scared as a Turk because of what happened recently. I guess Putin doesn't wanna see any of us in Russia anymore.

Eigenspace

Feb 6, 2015
Unless it's play-off, I guess you can jump in on matchday for almost any team in KHL but I'd strongly recommend you to learn Cyrillic alphabet and simple phrases in Russian, at least. Learning and being able to read Cyrillic without problems doesn't take much time, you can get it done in just one or two days. It's not like you are gonna die of starvation if you can't speak Russian, but really, it helps A LOT to know some stuff.

Moreover, as far as I've seen, Russians get really happy and more respectful when they see you speaking in Russian so that's another plus. I am also planning to visit St. Petersburg near spring but at the moment I am very scared as a Turk because of what happened recently. I guess Putin doesn't wanna see any of us in Russia anymore.

Don't worry about looking Turkish, there are many millions of Turkic people living peacefully in Russia. Just don't go around shouting and waving the Turkish flag around (though even that won't get you any trouble in daylight).

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
here are the home games february:
CSKA:
16.2-vytaz
18.2-dinamo moscva- will be sold out, cska arena is very small !
dinamo:
5.2 -jokerit- will be perfect as one of leading teams
spartak:
3.2 -ugra
5.2 - automobilist

loppa*

Geri, if you had to pick between a CSKA game and a Dinamo game, which one would you pick?

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Don't worry about looking Turkish, there are many millions of Turkic people living peacefully in Russia. Just don't go around shouting and waving the Turkish flag around (though even that won't get you any trouble in daylight).

Absolutely. My concern is not Russian people but authorities and I understand their fear. Well, when your president is a sick dude who loves terrorists a lot and you are a young, dark-skinned male, you are more likely than not to have problems. In last couple of days, more than 40 Turkish citizens were turned back from Moscow, for example. As a student, I cannot afford this after spending tremendous amount of money on tickets, passport etc. No, I am not flipping burgers in my spare time to be deported. I want my KHL games! :laugh:

Brodano75

Расмус Дахлин
Apr 12, 2015
Thanks for all this info guys. Im currently learning cyrillic as I knew it would be helpful and will have some basic phrases so im sure I will be fine.

loppa*

Thanks for all this info guys. Im currently learning cyrillic as I knew it would be helpful and will have some basic phrases so im sure I will be fine.

Dobri dyen moy rebyonok, which ruffly translates to hello my friend.

Kak ti sevodnya? - How are you today?

U menja vopros - I have a question

Izvinitye - sorry

Ya nyeznayu ruski dobro (or harasho instead of dobro) - I don't know russian well

Uuuu kakaya tvoya krasivaya dyevushka... - said only to a couple .... LOL no, don't say that.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Dobri dyen moy rebyonok, which ruffly translates to hello my friend.
Very roughly... :laugh: it's actually "Good day, my child", and you'll have a better luck saying "Hey, musor!" to a policeman than with this phrase :laugh:

Eigenspace

Feb 6, 2015
Tsk Tsk Tsk! Kakoi ty nepaslychnyj rebyonok, loppa! :help:

To English speakers: we're just taking the piss of loppa and his antics.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
Geri, if you had to pick between a CSKA game and a Dinamo game, which one would you pick?

i would pick the CSKA, alexander radulov & Co is a must,
also atmosphere in the old small arena is very good..
ice palast of dinamo is also very nice and modern, but 12,000 seats atmosphere needs at least 80% peopel...

and you could see both: 18.2 plays CSKA at home against dinamo, so this must be great derby, but as i said it will be quickly sold out..

Brodano75

Расмус Дахлин
Apr 12, 2015
Next question :) If I was to wear a cska jersey for instance around the town would it cause problems for people who follow a different team?

Brodano75

Расмус Дахлин
Apr 12, 2015
Thats cool, football fans can be really bad if you have the wrong shirt on!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad