Confirmed with Link: Gogol traded to Minnesota for Rau; and Worcester trades Brace to AHL Wild

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Rau is an impending UFA fyi. This shows how little the Sharks had any hope for Gogel or Brace.

Weird that Brace doesn't appear to have an pro contract, whats the point then?

sharklife25

Jun 20, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Rau has a wicked shot. He was incredibly fun to watch at Colorado College....

As someone who has seen him play a bunch, he's got some solid hands and a great shot.... Would LOVE to see him on a wing with Jumbo to see what he could do with some nice set-ups.

He's a great guy too

mjburns

down by the bay
Jan 17, 2010
Santa Cruz
Rau is an impending UFA fyi. This shows how little the Sharks had any hope for Gogel or Brace.

Weird that Brace doesn't appear to have an pro contract, whats the point then?

That is exactly what i'm wondering, unless this trade doesn't have anything to do with the NHL sharks i'm lost as to what it is trying to accomplish. Are they just trying to clear a contract spot for next year?

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Contract speculation aside, Rau apparently played 9 games for the Wild and has 2 goals, could be the Sharks wanted a very slight upgrade in depth over Gogal who had no chance of playing in the NHL this year whatsoever. Also, seems like the the type of skilled player Wor could use more of so most likely purely a hockey move for the AHL.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
That is exactly what i'm wondering, unless this trade doesn't have anything to do with the NHL sharks i'm lost as to what it is trying to accomplish. Are they just trying to clear a contract spot for next year?

I can't imagine this trade has anything at all to do w/ the big club. I know it's crazy but this might be a move to improve the AHL club.

It's not a big secret that I'm not a fan of Gogol (on the ice) so this trade makes me happy.

sjshrky27

Jan 15, 2007
CA
DW and the GM for the Wild must be in love with each other. They cannot stop dealing with each other

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
1-6-7 in 33 games is "offensive ability"? :laugh:

(Yeah, his career numbers tend to be better...hopefully the change of scenery will work out for him).

Looks like Sheppards offense ability, that everyone seems to forget about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad