God of War: Ragnarok - out November 9th

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
The Hateful in the mines can go right ahead and f*** themselves. I'm ashamed to say that I put it down to the easiest difficulty and still can't beat him. My soulsborne experience tells me to come back later .... but then I think, this is f***ing God of War... I should be able to beat it. #Stuck #conundrum

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
The Hateful in the mines can go right ahead and f*** themselves. I'm ashamed to say that I put it down to the easiest difficulty and still can't beat him. My soulsborne experience tells me to come back later .... but then I think, this is f***ing God of War... I should be able to beat it. #Stuck #conundrum
Finally beat him. Back to normal difficulty, pretend I never posted my weakness

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I found those guys who can hit you with bifrost to be a real pain in the ass. I'm definitely in the camp of liking this game and 2018 a lot, but there's something about the combat that never feels quite right to me -- the music and environment seem to want to dial up the intensity and the speed, but IMO the tight camera angle along with the majority of Kratos' moves, especially how blocking works, all tend to pull against that.

It's something I only really notice when the difficulty spikes for myself, but it's also something that I think is the same in both games and really holds it back a little. Hard to really say, since my sense is that the camera angle in large respects is the core element of the new games, for story/narrative/perspective reasons.

I did finally have a spell in the game where I was aiming to take a break for the night and then got sucked into another hour/hour and a half of the game (I don't usually have sessions that last longer than an hour or two max). I've mostly been avoiding the thread in order to avoid spoilers.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
35 hours in, I have found my first bug. Somehow the right hand side of my screen where you get the notifications when you get items (Gear and other things like that) froze up for about 20 minutes. Fixed itself after a random mission and I got flooded with updates for about a minute.

If this is the wrost bug I encounter, I think they did quite alright in QA.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Only bug i stumbled on is the Frost Phantom in Alfheim seemingly can't be killed.

I've gone to deal the final blow twice and my game locked up. Other people are reporting the exact same thing in the exact same spot. Definitely a bug of some sort.

Apr 28, 2010
Finally finish the story last night. Wish I saved manually just before the war so I could play it again. It was too awesome!

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I haven't finished it yet but my god is it awesome so far, it's blowing 2018 out of the water and that's saying A LOT because 2018 was a masterpiece but this is another level

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Pretty much the only criticism you could levy at the first game was how basic enemy combat was outside of the Valkyrie fights. They polished that up real nice and went with the best approach you can with a sequel. What if first game, but more?

Very well done. The combat actually challenges you and i have no shame admitting i've died a few times since even the balanced difficulty has enemies chopping you up to pieces with their combos.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So There are 36 trophies in the game.

I have 21/36 trophies.

I have a 42% trophy score on the game.

Now granted I don't know off the top of my head what percent 21/36 actually is

But it's got to be close to 60 because 24/36 is 66

Why does it say 42%?

That's not how math works

Apr 28, 2010

I have 21/36 trophies.

Why does it say 42%?

I think 42% is your progress in the game, not your trophy score.

I have 22/36 with 50% progress, which is kinda crazy. I have finished the story but I guess there's still 50% more to do, if that's actually what it means.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
This game set the bar EXTREMELY high for games to be released that aren't buggy AF. Vanaheim (Alfheim is a close second) alone (all of it) could be its own game there's so friggin much to do. The side quests are spectacular.

My only gripe is to have dodge/rolls buffed more so they cover more distance than they do now.

...and Frea deserves the Game version of the Academy Award for best actress.
Just a heads up about your main complaint:
There is equipment in the game that will significantly improve the speed and distance of your dodge rolls

Finally finish the story last night. Wish I saved manually just before the war so I could play it again. It was too awesome!
Sorry to call you out, but you asked for no spoilers two posts ago, then went on to openly spoil two major plot points lol

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased

I have 21/36 trophies.

Why does it say 42%?

I think different tier trophies count differently to the percentage

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Finally beat him. Back to normal difficulty, pretend I never posted my weakness

Did you have trouble resetting the difficulty?

I found the one time I did have to lower the difficulty which was during a mini boss in I think one of the Alfhime side quests the game wouldn't let me reset the difficulty,whenever I tried to change the difficulty back, the game would reload the checkpoint after the fight but put me back down to the difficulty I lowered it to for the mini boss.

I had to reload a previous save and just do it. Which I eventually did.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Only bug i stumbled on is the Frost Phantom in Alfheim seemingly can't be killed.

I've gone to deal the final blow twice and my game locked up. Other people are reporting the exact same thing in the exact same spot. Definitely a bug of some sort.

I can confirm it can be killed because I did it, it was a pain in my ass but I did it

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I just finished it today, It's likely going to be a very long time before anything touches Ragnarok.

The only thing coming that might be able to do it is Marvel's Spiderman 2.

Ragnarok was truly special

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think different tier trophies count differently to the percentage
I believe its percentage of total points, and Golds and Platinums are worth quite a bit under the system.

I just finished pretty much everything but the collectathon type trophies in this game although I do need to collect all of Odin's Raven's if I want to fight the only boss I haven't. In my opinion it, build about the amazing foundation of the first God of War in the Norse World, and would be my game of the year. But, I also loved Forbidden West, I'm not a FromSoft guy, so I can see if you love that style how that is worthy for it and I fully expect Elden Ring to win a ton of the GOTY titles. My only complaint of this game would be the relics needed to make it still run on PS4. But, if you didn't like the first one, and are hoping for something different, you likely aren't going to like it.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Currently playing through on no mercy, and I can’t wait to get back to it. It’s so good, easily GOTY for me, and probably better than GOW 2018 which is my favorite game on the last gen consoles.

Will be playing a give me god of war run when I finish the game.

Masterpiece.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
.im always stunned when games can launch without new game+ and then when it does get patched it only allows one NG+ playthrough, seems like the easiest thing to have that requires little to no work.
I have no proof but I think it’s a ploy to keep the game relevant as long as possible.

They had a full year delay to add this in

Reactions: aleshemsky83

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad