Proposal: Goaltending options?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Well well well...it only took 10 games for both injury prone goalies to go down, Stalocks’ story this year has inspiring but unfortunate events happen...what will the Hawks do, more importantly what will Davidson do to maintain goaltending in both Chicago and Rockford? Here’s some options, and I look forward to seeing everyone else’s thoughts...

1. Sign a free agent?

Which are few and far between, capfriendly has 30 yr old former Hawk JFBerube who’s currently playing Charlotte(AHL) and 28 yr old Elmhurst, I’ll. native Garret Sparks listed as the two remaining UFA.

2. Trade for a pending UFA netminder that could get something back at deadline?

Examples like the SJ boys James Reimer and Aaron Dell, Collin Delia in Vancouver’s system, Anthony Stolarz in Anaheim...

3. Call up our only other signed goalie Jaxson Stauber?

Going with both Soderblom and Stauber would defiantly be the easiest option. Soderblom looks ready while Stauber hasn’t even been able to lock down a starting spot in Rockford yet. Rockford could go with Dylan Wells and Mitchell Weeks both AHL contracts

4. Look for to Europe?

Not sure how this would work, not sure if players would after clear waivers and of course their not going to be here pronto but Ivan Nalimov and Matt Tomkins are familiar to Chicago

What’s everyone else think?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Well well well...it only took 10 games for both injury prone goalies to go down, Stalocks’ story this year has inspiring but unfortunate events happen...what will the Hawks do, more importantly what will Davidson do to maintain goaltending in both Chicago and Rockford? Here’s some options, and I look forward to seeing everyone else’s thoughts...

1. Sign a free agent?

Which are few and far between, capfriendly has 30 yr old former Hawk JFBerube who’s currently playing Charlotte(AHL) and 28 yr old Elmhurst, I’ll. native Garret Sparks listed as the two remaining UFA.

Examples like the SJ boys James Reimer and Aaron Dell, Collin Delia in Vancouver’s system, Anthony Stolarz in Anaheim...

Going with both Soderblom and Stauber would defiantly be the easiest option. Soderblom looks ready while Stauber hasn’t even been able to lock down a starting spot in Rockford yet. Rockford could go with Dylan Wells and Mitchell Weeks both AHL contracts

4. Look for to Europe?

Not sure how this would work, not sure if players would after clear waivers and of course their not going to be here pronto but Ivan Nalimov and Matt Tomkins are familiar to Chicago

Stauber got injured last game.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
How long is Stalock out for? If he was concussed it could be anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months.

It wasn't his fault he run over by Mendoza from the Mighty Ducks movies.

There's always an AHL/NHL tweener that can be had for a 5th rounder. Didn't Subban get traded for one last year?

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Stauber got injured last game.
I see
That Weeks was already called up to Rockford from Indy...yikes! Well we’ve had both Carter Hutton and Scott Darling start their careers via AHL deals after going through other organizations...we signed Cale Morris sign a contract last year...will Wells or Weeks get deals? Both?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I see
That Weeks was already called up to Rockford from Indy...yikes! Well we’ve had both Carter Hutton and Scott Darling start their careers via AHL deals after going through other organizations...we signed Cale Morris sign a contract last year...will Wells or Weeks get deals? Both?
Neither. Weeks is on a 2 year Ahl deal and wells is just a veteran echl placeholder. Maybe a trade or a signing of a more veteran.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020

1. Sign a free agent?

4. Look for to Europe?

Option 5 it is...

Attachments

• F58A1A84-1A14-480A-ADFB-3F1DFDC09477.png
    F58A1A84-1A14-480A-ADFB-3F1DFDC09477.png
    775.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Well now let’s see...

#1 Mrazek injured
#2 Stalock injured
#3 Soderblom left after 2 periods
#4 Stauber injured
newly signed #5 Wells enters in the 3rd period, yikes!

Who’s next? Mitchell Weeks won tonight for Rockford. Rockford signed Owen Savory the same day Blackhawks signed Dylan Wells...man o man

Well now let’s see...

#1 Mrazek injured
#2 Stalock injured
#3 Soderblom left after 2 periods
#4 Stauber injured
newly signed #5 Wells enters in the 3rd period, yikes!

Who’s next? Mitchell Weeks won tonight for Rockford. Rockford signed Owen Savory the same day Blackhawks signed Dylan Wells...man o man
Dylan Wells became the 996th player in history to play for the Chicago Blackhawks...we’ll hit 1000 this year through goalies alone!

• Haha
Reactions: Pertti

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
When can we expect to get a Söderblom update? Still nothing out there it seems.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Will Wells get a night in his honor at UC in future?

Still likely fun for him to have dream of playing in NHL come true

Looks like he’s eligible for a Gameday Experience Package ticket and can receive:

• A Tour of the Blackhawks Locker Roomand Training Facilities at Fifth Third Arena
  • Pregame Buffet featuring entrees, sides, desserts, soft drinks and water (cash bar available)
  • Open Skate at Fifth Third Arena (skate rental included)
  • Guaranteed Gate Giveaway (when applicable per game)

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Could very well be the goaltender of the future for Chicago
He has looked pretty good for a young goalie playing with a rebuilding roster. He looks legit, hopefully the injury was minimal. Ottawa may have to waive a goalie here soon. They have Talbot back, Forsberg and Hellberg

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
He has looked pretty good for a young goalie playing with a rebuilding roster. He looks legit, hopefully the injury was minimal. Ottawa may have to waive a goalie here soon. They have Talbot back, Forsberg and Hellberg
Yes he has pretty big potential ,and with more experince going forward he is going to be more poised and calm and with his mobility in net i think it is very hopefull.

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site

Good news on Soderblom just a hydration issue. Cramped up.

Good news Johnson is skating, thought he would out much longer. Though it hurts the tank, both him and Seth make the hawks a much better offensively and entertaining to watch, Johnson and Toews seemed to be developing some chemistry and Jones is our only d-man who can initiate the offence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad