Goaltending 2013-14

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I know its very early, but what do you expect for next season?

Lindback + who?

Why do you think Janus stats are that much better, while playing in a better league? The pressure to succed because of the guys behind him on the depthchart?
Might Janus be our back-up next year?
Will SY sign Garon for another year?

My answer:
I don't see Helenius getting a chance, so I expect him to go back to europe at the beginning of next season. Then SY will get Janus over and lets fight Janus and Tic for the backup role, while signing an great AHL goalie like Brust or Danis. Maybe he signs a guy like Khabibulin as well that is willing to sit most of the time but gets money (guys that might end their careers after the season)

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think you're probably spot on. At the same time I wouldn't mind an older backup to kind of mentor Anders and take some starts. Garon is also a very solid option.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Riku is on a one-way next year so it seems like he's on the fast track to the NHL next year but if Tic is the better goalie then he will most likely be the backup.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Riku is on a one-way next year so it seems like he's on the fast track to the NHL next year but if Tic is the better goalie then he will most likely be the backup.
I don't think that stops SFY from keeping him in the AHL or sending him back to Europe. They sent Kyle Wilson to Syracuse despite his one-way deal, too.

So yeah, I agree. The better goalie will get a chance regardless of the contract situation. If both don't perform as good as expected I could see Garon returning.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I don't think that stops SFY from keeping him in the AHL or sending him back to Europe. They sent Kyle Wilson to Syracuse despite his one-way deal, too.

Yeah, if he's not cutting it SFY will not hesitate sending him through waivers if there's a clearly better option available.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Who do you prefer Janus or Tic right now? I lean toward Janus as he seems to be pretty consistent

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I brought this up in the prospects thread this morning. I asked if we could swap Riku for Janus. I think we should bring up Tik and have Janus start in the A. Unless Tik continues putting up subpar numbers then we should go with a veteran backup and keep both in the A and see who takes the job.

2 Weekes Notice

Apr 10, 2012
Non-traditional Land
I personally prefer Janus to Riku and Tik, but there are plenty of people who have watched more of each player than I have.

Something else worth noting - there's a sentiment afoot that suggests Vasilevskiy could be in Syracuse next year. If so, we're looking at quite a logjam, even if Garon isn't resigned.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
I personally prefer Janus to Riku and Tik, but there are plenty of people who have watched more of each player than I have.

Something else worth noting - there's a sentiment afoot that suggests Vasilevskiy could be in Syracuse next year. If so, we're looking at quite a logjam, even if Garon isn't resigned.

Someone is getting traded then I'm sure.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011

****, have Vasilevski start next year. Let's see what he can do.

(Obviously joking, before anyone jumps on that).

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Is Vasilevski allowed to play in the AHL ? He was drafted by a CHL team, otherwise this would be nice he is ready for sure as his numbers absolutly okay in the KHL

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Is Vasilevski allowed to play in the AHL ? He was drafted by a CHL team, otherwise this would be nice he is ready for sure as his numbers absolutly okay in the KHL

Yes he can play in the AHL. All players who are drafted out of their European clubs aren't held back by AHL age restrictions. The 6th pick in the draft Hampus Lindholm is playing in the AHL right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad