Speculation: Goalies to Target Outside the NHL

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think the shortcomings in goal and on team defense were on full display last night. The two Florida teams were ripe for the picking and those games could've easily been ours. If the Oilers played smart defense and had an above average goalie in net they win nine times out of ten.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
They also had preseason to get up to speed.

Francouz (if this is the guy you're thinking of) played 49 AHL games before getting called up.

I also would like to note that guys like Koskinen, Fasth, ect aren't very good.

Even Karel Vejmelka doesn't have great numbers with the Coyotes and seems to be losing his starters job to Ingram.

I would improve the defense significantly and try to ride what we have in goal because like i said in other threads. If we keep making massive errors defensively we won't win anything even with Saros in goal.
Koskinen was very good his first year here and even bad Koskinen would look like an all star compared to our current goalies. It';s not going to matter who we have in net with our current defence. The left side is fine but we have 3 guys on the right side that should be bottom pairing and need to fix that first.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Koskinen was very good his first year here and even bad Koskinen would look like an all star compared to our current goalies. It';s not going to matter who we have in net with our current defence. The left side is fine but we have 3 guys on the right side that should be bottom pairing and need to fix that first.
Koskinen was underrated here. Not the best goalie by any means but a very solid backup.

Reactions: Vagabond

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
this team. ugggghhhhhh. why can't we have nice things.
We have *the* nicest things! We just never manged to support them by filling in the most glaring hole for the team: goaltending. Having the worst G numbers in the league it's just mind-boggling at this point. Laughable and sad to think we would have been better of with Smith and Koskinen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad