Goalie situation

saraciv420

Nov 20, 2019
To clear up misunderstanding -- I think Tripp and I are both generally on the same page with Andersen starting skating soon BUT they do not want to go with him until he's completely ready, so a broader timeline is necessary -- especially when the kid is on a potential Cinderella run. I think it would be a different story if Kochetkov had been a total disaster. I'm more saying Andersen's season is NOT over, not that he will definitely be the Game 1 starter. I thought it was closer to 1-2 weeks but 2-3 weeks makes sense considering how Kochetkov hasn't totally imploded in the net.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
To clear up misunderstanding -- I think Tripp and I are both generally on the same page with Andersen starting skating soon BUT they do not want to go with him until he's completely ready, so a broader timeline is necessary -- especially when the kid is on a potential Cinderella run. I think it would be a different story if Kochetkov had been a total disaster. I'm more saying Andersen's season is NOT over, not that he will definitely be the Game 1 starter. I thought it was closer to 1-2 weeks but 2-3 weeks makes sense considering how Kochetkov hasn't totally imploded in the net.
Thanks for the insight Sara! Thoughts on Raanta? Is he just not 100% but having him available as backup won't make his injury worse? Not surprised at letting him rest now and starting Pyotr tonight, but if Raanta's healthy enough to backup you'd think he'd be healthy enough to start game 1 if needed and I'd be shocked at Rod picking a a rookie who has been in NA for like a month over a seasoned vet in Raanta.

saraciv420

Nov 20, 2019
I don't think he understands "hello" let alone "pressure." I heard when he first met Rod he said Здравствуйте
lol, now that I'm here I also want to add that as I am doing research on Pyotr, I totally forgot Sergei Samsonov is on the Canes staff and apparently he has helped Pyotr a ton. Trying to find more fun details about that relationship

saraciv420

Nov 20, 2019
Thanks for the insight Sara! Thoughts on Raanta? Is he just not 100% but having him available as backup won't make his injury worse? Not surprised at letting him rest now and starting Pyotr tonight, but if Raanta's healthy enough to backup you'd think he'd be healthy enough to start game 1 if needed and I'd be shocked at Rod picking a a rookie who has been in NA for like a month over a seasoned vet in Raanta.
Raanta is well enough to back up but they don't want to force it right before the playoffs, the second part I am sort of with you on TBH. I think it would be weird to start Kochetkov over Raanta. I don't think he's played poorly but idk, wasn't "experience" the whole name of the game in the offseason? I'm also very weary about his glove side....

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
lol, now that I'm here I also want to add that as I am doing research on Pyotr, I totally forgot Sergei Samsonov is on the Canes staff and apparently he has helped Pyotr a ton. Trying to find more fun details about that relationship

I didn't think about that either, I knew Svech has been helping him, along with google translate, but yeah also nice for him to have a more experienced mentor like Samsonov. Looking forward to the story!

Raanta is well enough to back up but they don't want to force it right before the playoffs, the second part I am sort of with you on TBH. I think it would be weird to start Kochetkov over Raanta. I don't think he's played poorly but idk, wasn't "experience" the whole name of the game in the offseason? I'm also very weary about his glove side....
Yeah, I mean I'd love to see it as I'm pretty high on Kochetkov and his upside over Raanta but I just couldn't see Rod doing that, which is why I wonder if there is more to the Raanta story (or Tripp is just wrong on his gut feel for whatever reason). We'll find out soon enough but definitely lots of intrigue in the next week+

Reactions: DaveG

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I don't think he understands "hello" let alone "pressure." I heard when he first met Rod he said Здравствуйте
Rod: "Under Pressure", you know like the song?
Pyotr: Da, "Pressure". Billy Joel, "Channel 13, Sesame Street"
Rod: No, "Under Pressure". David Bowie, Queen. 'dun dun dun da da dun dun'
Pyotr: Oh! Ice Ice Baby!
Rod: ...I'm going to see how Raanta is doing.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Listening to Sammy talk, you'd never know he was Russian. The guy sounds like a good old prairie kid. Hopefully he's able to get Pyotr there soon!

saraciv420

Nov 20, 2019
I didn't think about that either, I knew Svech has been helping him, along with google translate, but yeah also nice for him to have a more experienced mentor like Samsonov. Looking forward to the story!

Yeah, I mean I'd love to see it as I'm pretty high on Kochetkov and his upside over Raanta but I just couldn't see Rod doing that, which is why I wonder if there is more to the Raanta story (or Tripp is just wrong on his gut feel for whatever reason). We'll find out soon enough but definitely lots of intrigue in the next week+
My galaxy brain take is Freddie can't lose in the first round if he simply doesn't play in the first round

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Rod: "Under Pressure", you know like the song?
Pyotr: Da, "Pressure". Billy Joel, "Channel 13, Sesame Street"
Rod: No, "Under Pressure". David Bowie, Queen. 'dun dun dun da da dun dun'
Pyotr: Oh! Ice Ice Baby!
Rod: ...I'm going to see how Raanta is doing.
Side note. Back in the damn Ice was getting shit for ripping off Queen/Bowie. In an interview he said "the two melodies are completely different there's goes dun dun dun da da dun dun, and mine goes dun dun dun da da dun DUN"

Im too lazy to look it up but I am sure theres a clip floating around Youtube.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
My galaxy brain take is Freddie can't lose in the first round if he simply doesn't play in the first round

It really is you!

there-you-are-peter-oh-there-you-are.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad