Votes: 276 74.6%
  • No

Votes: 94 25.4%

• Total voters

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Coyle was only in the way because of the shove/cross check. You can see his left skate make the turn to stop and dig in. When someone pushes you from behind, you will go forward; that is what happened.

Coyle does not make it a habit to go running into his goalie on purpose, as your theory portrays. If anything, he is one of the strongest players I have seen, shielding the puck from opposing players by taking hits to the back.
He's already in the crease when the shove happens. He stops because he can see the puck shot and it hitting his pad. It's all happening so quick, but I assure you, his skate was there and before the shove.

That's more likely the reason it wasn't called. Coyle being in there first.

goflyakite

Apr 29, 2011
Ontario
This one was 100% shoved in hard, where Coyle lost his balance being on top of Swayman.
1. The goalie had no chance at making that save — an argument you’ve tried to use in this thread.
He was already in play of the puck, he wasn't getting over there. Watch the play full speed. He would have no time to get there. His leg stopped well before Coyle was on top of him. Coyle was already in the crease. Leg/skate. He simply wasn't going to make the save.
2. The force of the push is irrelevant when the result is Coyle falling onto his goalie as a result of contact from Bennett. It was obviously enough force to have Coyle fall over.

Unless you’re trying to argue Coyle embellished it or something lol which honestly would be a better argument than what you’re coming up with currently.

I'm gonna walk away, I can't help if people don't want to recognize clear things put in front of them.
Ugene Magic said to the mirror in front of them.

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
The defenseman in the crease was going to stop Swayman from being able to get across and make the save whether Bennett pushed him or not.
Yet, Maurice called out the Lightning for getting within 5 feet of the Blue. Maurice is a piece of shit and coaches his teams accordingly. Bennett is the perfect representation of Maurice...

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
1. The goalie had no chance at making that save — an argument you’ve tried to use in this thread.

2. The force of the push is irrelevant when the result is Coyle falling onto his goalie as a result of contact from Bennett. It was obviously enough force to have Coyle fall over.

Unless you’re trying to argue Coyle embellished it or something lol which honestly would be a better argument than what you’re coming up with currently.

Ugene Magic said to the mirror in front of them.

I've presented my point with proof. They gave it a full review/look at and didn't call it GI. I'm gonna say he was already in there and the shove didn't matter.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Since any crosschecks and interference on Coyle aren't reviewable you have to remove that from the play. You have to to assume that everything that went on between them was a legal hockey play.

So when you review the play, all you can think of that happened was 2 players were battling for position in and/or around the crease. There was a rebound. The defending player makes contact with the goalie because of the attacker player's attempt to get position (which you have to assume is a legal hockey play) and play the rebound.

That's not GI based on 69.7 Rebounds and Loose Pucks. If this same situation happens 1 second sooner, and the initial shot goes in, then it's absolutely no goal. But since it's a rebound contact is allowed.

And the wording is fine. I don't think it matters how the attacking player makes contact (whether directly or indirectly) in this rebound situation.

But the reality is, the call on the ice was good goal. That holds a lot of weight. This seems to be a big gray area of what is reviewable and what isn't, and a contact loophole on rebounds, where they would have probably just defaulted to the call on the ice regardless of what that call was. If they waved the goal off originally, and the Panthers challenge, they probably lose too.
My last reply to this. You keep bringing up 69.7, this falls under 69.1. So yes the pushed player applies and it is GI. 69.7, again applies to a scrum between attacker and goalie, 69.1 applies to the interference of a attacker pushing a defender into a goalie. That is all. If you don't agree, I don't care, nor does it matter. That is all

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
69.7 is prob why, the cross check is another thing
View attachment 870591

He literally plays the puck at the point of Coyle stopping his skate. Did he not just play the puck?

How's it GI? People need to remember this was a bang, bang play. Where was his time coming to play that puck? Coyle essentially cut him off from playing it. No shove required.

Wouldn’t 69.7 be the ruling here then, if that’s the case? Since there’s a rebound there, then the contact is allowed.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Bennett is a Grade A level rat. Just like Matt Cooke was. Can't wait for him to get TKOd the same like Kane did to Cooke

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
69.7 Rebounds and Loose Pucks - In a rebound situation, or where a goalkeeper and attacking player(s) are simultaneously attempting to play a loose puck, whether inside or outside the crease, incidental contact with the goalkeeper will be permitted, and any goal that is scored as a result thereof will be allowed.

When Bennett makes contact with the goaltender indirectly through Coyle, it was in a direct rebound situation, and therefor you can argue Bennett is just fighting for a loose rebound. Contact with the goalie is allowed in that rebound situation. The contact isn't the issue. There is no GI.

You can scream that contract came from a crosscheck to Coyle until you're blue in the face... but that's not reviewable.
69.7 didn't apply here. The goalkeeper could not make a play so it couldn't be simulatenous. nor be considered incidental.

Reactions: goflyakite

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
I got to believe the only people saying this wasn't goalie interference are either A- Panthers fans, B- Trolls.

No other explanation, as that being allowed to count is wild. That's as clear as it gets, but I've no skin in game. So whatever, but if I had money on game or a Bruins fan that would make me some upset

Reactions: BB79 and goflyakite

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm gonna walk away, I can't help if people don't want to recognize clear things put in front of them.
posted at 1:53 pm

I've presented my point with proof. They gave it a full review/look at and didn't call it GI. I'm gonna say he was already in there and the shove didn't matter.
posted at 2:16 pm

Talk about a short walk. :laugh:

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Looked like he was already on his way to the crease prior to the shove, Bennett did push him enough once he got there though
It’s really silly that panthers fans are operating under the assumption that Coyle wasn’t in the process of stopping (he was) and that he would’ve otherwise ran over Swayman regardless of Bennett’s actions

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
NHL/E$PN are acting as if they don't care what optics look like with calls these days. To much money is on-the-line now. But.... if folks keep consuming product, why change? Just look at cost TV pays for game/conference rights alone. They're not chancing that to chance, and players who get paid millions to boot, are not biting hand that feeds them, If anyone decides to fight back: that coach, team, or player gets smacked with even worse call punishment in games/series.

NHL/E$PN will do whatever gives them best odds of getting story-lines, match-ups, this player, or that player, and certain teams they want. Shoot, even my favorite team Lightning, who's low on love spectrum from NHL, got serious series-extending-bone during game 3 in rd 1. Lightning got 4 PP's -vs- 0 PP's for Florida that game. But..... when push came to shove. Game 5 had 2 goalie interference calls go against Lightning, that were no where near as bad as Bennett's. Those 2 calls took 2 goals away from Lightning, Those calls swung close 1-1 game, prevented Lightning from 2-1 lead 1st, and robbed Sergachev from his moment when his 2nd goal was called off(Was good goal). There was no way NHL/E$PN was giving belief to core that's proven they can win series down 0-2 and 2-3. Like I said, there's only so much series extending love for those.... "Who shall not pass". If obvious what NHL/E$PN wants in East these playoffs, they want.........

Florida Tkachuk's -vs- New York Ranger$
(With dashes of series-extending spices mixed in along the way, yummy.....)

Love sports, but what I've witnessed last 10 or so yrs, is hard to deny anymore.. If your a fan of a team: best odds of your team winning "Cup" is to hope favorite team is so good. They can handle any styled game thrown their way. Only then, will a team have almost full control of their playoff destiny (AKA..... Back-to-Back Lightning). Stars are looking to be similar to this, a complete team that will adjust accordingly. Will that be enough, we'll see....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad