Goalie Decision

SirGoose

honk honk
Jan 11, 2009
golf course
Alright so I've decided to stack my team offensively this year (Keeper) with the likes of E. Staal, Datsyuk, and Kovalchuk. But didn't realize the total lack of goaltenders available in the draft. Goaltending counts for 40% of the points in the league, and I need two starters.

Right now, all I have is Jonas Hiller.

Some goalies that are available are

Craig Anderson
Chet Pickard
Corey Crawford
Jimmy Howard
Brian Elliot

I think that my best choice would be going with Craig Anderson, considering he could be the only one with a starting job next season. But regardless, my next two picks have to be one of these 5 players. My only other option here is picking another heavy forward or mid level-top prospect and try flipping them for a bonafide starter. I've dug myself a deep hole in this one, but I think I can get out of it.

Puckz

Jun 22, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
Yikes... Goaltending is worth 40% and you need to go with another one of those guys to contribute half those points.

How many teams in the league? Are most teams already carrying two or three goalies? I almost like your last option better of drafting the best player available and trying to flip him for a starter.

SirGoose

honk honk
Jan 11, 2009
golf course
14 Teams, I'm actually currently in talk to trade for an elite goalie (dont want to say who, I know a lot of people in the league use these boards). He wants Kovalchuk and Hiller for him, which I'll absolutely have to do. But I'm going to try and fineagle him into taking E. Staal and an assload of picks instead.

chiswede

May 31, 2014
http://i.imgur.com/EQKTxV0.gifv
EQKTxV0.gifv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad