News: Goalies Alexei Kolosov and Ivan Fedotov leave KHL to continue careers in Philadelphia

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
He was never even close to a Shesty or Sorokin despite the hype but his play has definitely fallen off considerably since his first attempt to come to NA. I don’t think he’ll do much for Philly, although their goaltending has been terrible so worth a shot

So much wrong with this post. Where do you start.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Since there was already a thread for Kolosov, should there be a separate thread for Fedotov?

Has there been any indication when each arrives and how long their respective VISA situations take to be solved?

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
lol might want to prepare yourself for disappointment as you and many other flyers fans have some pretty blind faith here. I'm rooting for the guy and like the Flyers over other metro teams. But he just isn't going to be the savior y'all think he is.
How about you worry about your own goalie pipeline? Philly has the deepest one in the league. Kolosov but especially Zavragin have high upside, and Bjarnason also there. Errson and Hart were fantastic to start the year, Hart got arrested and Errson has been burnt out by the workload. All we need from Fedotov, who is already 27, is to be average. If you haven’t followed the team, as closely as we have, then it’s probably not to be so cocky about your opinion.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
lol might want to prepare yourself for disappointment as you and many other flyers fans have some pretty blind faith here. I'm rooting for the guy and like the Flyers over other metro teams. But he just isn't going to be the savior y'all think he is.
I’m not even that concerned if he is that great, a team telling people they’re rebuilding should be taking these chances. And him having not already being here was an injustice so it was also just the point that he should get the opportunity and have it be here. Flyers are already loaded at the position with prospects that are well-regarded, so they’ll survive if he doesn’t work out.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
How about you worry about your own goalie pipeline? Philly has the deepest one in the league. Kolosov but especially Zavragin have high upside, and Bjarnason also there. Errson and Hart were fantastic to start the year, Hart got arrested and Errson has been burnt out by the workload. All we need from Fedotov, who is already 27, is to be average. If you haven’t followed the team, as closely as we have, then it’s probably not to be so cocky about your opinion.
Lol ok have fun with that

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

Hilarious strawman tho. Not a single person was calling him a saviour. Thanks for coming out.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005

Who says he's a savior? He's another goalie in the pipeline....you can never have too many.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Who said he was the savior? If he is league average or slightly better it is still better than what the Flyers have had outside of Ersson. Sandstrom and Peterson are barely AHL level

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
It's laughable to say this guy has gotten any hype. His only "hype" has been discussion around his military service and contract situation, not hype around his potential. He's was barely even discussed on the Flyers board prior to 2022, let alone elsewhere.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
It's laughable to say this guy has gotten any hype. His only "hype" has been discussion around his military service and contract situation, not hype around his potential. He's was barely even discussed on the Flyers board prior to 2022, let alone elsewhere.

Hey man, get this reasonable take out of here. Don’t you know we only deal with hyperbole and strawmen?

Reactions: Redpath

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Did they agree to let Carter Hart play in Russia in exchange or something?
Can he even travel out of the country with a court date coming up? I didn't think he could go anywhere and, if he does, he's considered a flight risk. Hopefully he surrendered his passport so he will be there for his day in court.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
There's no chance he ever plays another game in the NHL.
If he is found not guilty he could probably return to the NHL. The league may want to do some checking on their own (being found 'not guilty' is not the same as being found 'innocent' - at least it shouldn't be) but there is a chance he could return to his team if everything lines up.

In most workplaces an employee who is charged with a crime is usually suspended with pay until they are found guilty or not guilty.

If Hart does return the question becomes what are the Flyers going to do with the two new guys?

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
If he is found not guilty he could probably return to the NHL. The league may want to do some checking on their own (being found 'not guilty' is not the same as being found 'innocent' - at least it shouldn't be) but there is a chance he could return to his team if everything lines up.

In most workplaces an employee who is charged with a crime is usually suspended with pay until they are found guilty or not guilty.

If Hart does return the question becomes what are the Flyers going to do with the two new guys?
He won’t be back. Definitely not with the Flyers and 99 percent certainty he won’t be back in the NHL. His contract runs out at the end of this season and because of the timeline involved with his trial, there is zero chance the parties even entertain a new contract.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
He won’t be back. Definitely not with the Flyers and 99 percent certainty he won’t be back in the NHL. His contract runs out at the end of this season and because of the timeline involved with his trial, there is zero chance the parties even entertain a new contract.
If he doesn't return is that because of the charges themselves? I didn't think there was anything barring him from returning to the league if he was found not guilty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad