Equipment: Goal & Targets

seanerixon

So here's the skinny; I drive a Mazda3(mid-small sized sedan). I play a lot of hockey, sometimes with friend's who aren't really into it, but I enjoy messing around more than competing at the local rinks. We found a rink close to us, but there are no nets! I'm looking to find a net that is light, somewhat durable for the typical street hockey pucks, and simple and quick to setup/close away. And it has to fit in the trunk of my car! Is there anything out there that would fit this description?

OH! and a decent target thingy, like the stand still goalie, where you have to pick the corners and whatnot.

UPDATED: Click Here

Last edited:

seanerixon

Sick, I think I'm getting that ez-goal one mentioned, its pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, the easy fold away and setup. Plus it looks durable, specially for street hockey pucks since he was using rubber ice hockey pucks in the video. Awesome find! Going to do measurements of my trunk space to see if it'll fit while folded.

I would never get foam targets, I was thinking more or less the fake goalies.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
The EZ Goal is pretty good, a store here has them on the floor and we've checked them out.

I have some of those foam targets, they're not so bad when you're shooting alone. Even when you knock the target out the ring is still in place so you can shoot through it. The corner nets are a great alternative, though.

jordanking87

Apr 6, 2013
Indianapolis,IN
I just got an EZ Goal last week with the backstop. It is by far the best goal I've ever had. The folding function works great for storing I'm my apartment between uses. It can still dent but nowhere near as bad as past goals. The net is pretty thick seemsndurable enough and they sell replacements so that's awesome. Loving it so far...let's just hope it can stand up to 150+ pucks a day on avg haha

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
My friends and I used to just take whatever nets we had and have it rest on the roof while every person grabs a side.

Maladus

Sep 23, 2011
Colorado
I bought the ez-goal about 2 months ago. It is fold-able and easy to move. I have put quite a few dents into the posts and a several holes through the net. I would say my average wrist shot is around 50 mph and my slapshot is 60-65 mph. I love using it to shoot in my backyard because of the extra buffer provided in case you miss the net. I would recommend it if it will fit but I'd imagine it'll get beat up like mine is.

Danglous

Dec 5, 2007
Philly
Go to Dicks or Sports Authority and get the metal regulation size net. I think they are ~$100 but I got mine on black friday for $60. Breaks down easy with the push of a few pins but it can be a pain in the ass to put back together. It will fit in your trunk or back seat. Durable, sturdy, and has wheels on the front of the posts to roll easily.

Looked something like this
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12261467

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
Used to use foam targets which were terrible since I always had to replace them. But my friends brother uses pieces of wood attached to string for the top part of the net, and that works fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad