Goal Song

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
Darude Sandstorm.

No, but the Fitz and the Tantrums one followed up by the Sabres song gets my vote. Something easy to sing along to would be ideal.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I think we need to go find something perhaps heavy, or something like that unique (perhaps a local rock or metal band) then remix it a little bit. That would be cool. But last I checked I haven't seen any good local area hard rock or metal bands.

Nothing screaming or crazy, but some chunky and aggressive riffs with a decent line to rile up fans.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Lonely Boy made a great goal song. Maybe there are better choices but it's much preferable to, say, Song 2, which is a great song that long ago shattered its saturation level in sports. The intro organ riff sounds so good over arena loud speakers, very fitting for hockey.

DJ, can you throw up youtubes of each song on your list? It'd make this conversation a lot easier.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Lonely Boy made a great goal song. Maybe there are better choices but it's much preferable to, say, Song 2, which is a great song that long ago shattered its saturation level in sports. The intro organ riff sounds so good over arena loud speakers, very fitting for hockey.

DJ, can you throw up youtubes of each song on your list? It'd make this conversation a lot easier.

Most of them are on the thread. I'll ask for posters to put them up.

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
I think we need to go find something perhaps heavy, or something like that unique (perhaps a local rock or metal band) then remix it a little bit. That would be cool. But last I checked I haven't seen any good local area hard rock or metal bands.

Nothing screaming or crazy, but some chunky and aggressive riffs with a decent line to rile up fans.

Pentimento is pretty good. They get a bit emo at times, which wouldn't be good for a goal song, but take one of the heavy parts and I think you'd be good to go.

Also, kinda irrelevant, but they're a good time live if anyone is into their sorta music.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Godsmack's 1000hp is a good song. Almost any part of tit could work, but ultimately the chorus would be very good for a goal song...

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
I'd love to see Buffalo use a number of goal songs, similar to what the Bandits do. Yes, Song 2 is in their mix...but so is Foo Fighters' My Hero, Aloe Blacc's The Man, Limp Bizkit's Rollin'(especially when the good guys have put in a few goals in a row), etc. Detroit does much the same thing.

moomoosoup

Oct 8, 2014
Saw a funny one on Tumblr, the famous part of Hide and Seek.

The bit starting at like 2:51.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Montreal had one of the best and unique goal songs I've ever heard. It was either last season or 2 seasons ago. I remember one game they spanked us 6-1 and it was just playing over and over. Does anyone remember it/have a Youtube?

EDIT: Found it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGsb69xHz0

There was just something very cool and ethereal when the entire Bell Center would sing along to it, IMO.

Last edited:

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Been saying for a few years, The Takeover UK, Ah La La. At the 2:24 mark

NOTE: If you do watch the whole video, first verse has an f bomb, so NSFW

I dig that a lot. I think it would be cool if it started around 2:17 to get the crowd ready to sing along then went into the chorus

Burgmania

Buffalo's Hockey Soundtrack
Apr 16, 2007
Buffalo, NY
At some point during the 05-06 season, the Sabres used the end of the Rolling Stones' 'Brown Sugar'. The part that goes "yeah....yeah...yeah...WOO!"

That would get my vote. Easy to sing along to...I'll try to make a mock-up of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad