OT: Goal Song

oilfan09

Jan 11, 2010
Maybe its just me but is anyone else annoyed that the goal song is still the same as last year by Pitbull???

Why can't they change it!? I was soooooo hoping for a change in that area!

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
They should have done what the Flames did. Try out different songs during pre-season and fans got to vote on which ones they liked.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
They should have done what the Flames did. Try out different songs during pre-season and fans got to vote on which ones they liked.

That would be cool, but I kinda wish each of the kids could have their own goal song. Why I don't know, but I like the idea

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I kind of liked what the Oil Kings did a couple years ago where they had some music then the name of the player that scored. Can't remember the song though....

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
That pitbull song is just as bad as that previous one they had. I forgot the name, but it had dun in it constantly. Some euro trance crap?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
It's embarrassing. Just like the "herecomestheoilers" slogan our PA announcer and teams twitter account uses. Not to mention Kesha, Pink, Lady Gaga and all that crap music they play between whistles. Who on earth is making these decisions?

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
It's embarrassing. Just like the "herecomestheoilers" slogan our PA announcer and teams twitter account uses. Not to mention Kesha, Pink, Lady Gaga and all that crap music they play between whistles. Who on earth is making these decisions?

The music played in between whistles is largely the same at every NHL arena.

The "Here Comes the Oilers!" thing is pretty lame though. I liked when the Oilers entered the ice to "Ladies and Gentlemen, your Edmonton Oilers!"

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Anyone remember the start a fight song by Pink they used to play during fights? That might have been the worst.

millpoo

Sep 26, 2006
ST. A
Pretty pathetic that they couldn't come up with a different goal song for this year. The team's DJ ***** the bed again.

jp7

Aug 13, 2011
Anyone remember the start a fight song by Pink they used to play during fights? That might have been the worst.

:laugh: I remember that. Just ****ing embarassing. I'm fairly confident that we have the worst DJ in the league, god help the fanbase who has someone worse if he exists

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
they should just play epic ambient orchestral music to make things seem more significant. would be fun for at least a game. why can't they try new things instead of playing p!Nk and pitbull?

you have nowhere to go but up

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
The Oil Kings have played a fair bit of 80s rock (GNR, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, etc.) this year, honestly that's the best music for a hockey game. Gritty, sleazy, testosterone-laden energy songs.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
The Oil Kings have played a fair bit of 80s rock (GNR, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, etc.) this year, honestly that's the best music for a hockey game. Gritty, sleazy, testosterone-laden energy songs.

Yep, agreed. Nothing else can get you as riled up as 80s hair or glam metal. That almost seems like an oxy-moron, but it's true.

I miss Zombienation, and when that was cool. It's overused now, but anything is better than this Pitbull song.

Actually, I'd rather have this Pitbull song than 'American Badass - Dirty kid Dirtville Rube Kid Rock'. That song made no sense whatsoever for the Oilers to have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad