Goal Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Gatzos*

I'm looking to buy some goalie pads for myself used from ebay, I am 5'11 slender build. What size pads would be best? When measuring pads do they include the cover that goes over your skate? I read to measure from my ankle to the middle of my knee, and then from there to my thigh and add the two togethor, is this true?

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
I would recommend you visit the manufactures site and see if they have sizing instructions for measurement to follow. Otherwise ask the seller the ankle to knee measurement and compare to yours, as first and foremost your knee needs to sit in the cradle right.

Maybe this site can help?
Goalie info site

felonious_r

Dec 29, 2005
Cambridge
I would just go to a hockey store and say you're interested in some pads, then have a salesperson fit you for pads. Then take that info and search around on Ebay.

aerialis

Oct 7, 2005
toronto & pittsburgh
i agree with the previous poster, the best thing to do is find the pads you like and then see which size fits best.

i'd be specific right down to the brand, because koho, for example, has different measurement reference points from other pads (i think something like a 31" koho = 33" heaton)

for 5'11", i'd guess that you need pads that are maybe 33" or 34". your measurement system is close, but it also needs to include the boot area (over the skate).

StorminZ

Jun 3, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Hounsy said:
I would recommend you visit the manufactures site and see if they have sizing instructions for measurement to follow. Otherwise ask the seller the ankle to knee measurement and compare to yours, as first and foremost your knee needs to sit in the cradle right.

Maybe this site can help?
Goalie info site

Here is an updated link to the above site.

Goal Pad Fitting

Here is another link to give you some idea about fitting. But as has been suggested, get sized by brand as not all pads are measured the same.

HockeyGalore Goal Pad Fitting Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad