OT: "Go to first new post" feature....

hawkeye99

Nov 16, 2008
...doesn't seem to work very good for me. I'll read one post in a thread and when I revisit the thread later it and press "Go to first new post" it will bring me to the last post posted but not last post unread. Is there an option I'm missing here or is this everybody's experience....I know there is a button to take you to last post and I'm not getting them mixed up. Also sometimes it will show the whole forum as being read with no new posts even though I've never read anything.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
...doesn't seem to work very good for me. I'll read one post in a thread and when I revisit the thread later it and press "Go to first new post" it will bring me to the last post posted but not last post unread. Is there an option I'm missing here or is this everybody's experience....I know there is a button to take you to last post and I'm not getting them mixed up. Also sometimes it will show the whole forum as being read with no new posts even though I've never read anything.

Standby for bigger problems.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Also sometimes it will show the whole forum as being read with no new posts even though I've never read anything.

The only time that has happened to me is when I stop by and for whatever reason I find I am not logged in.

My guess is your issue is "cookie" related. You should check your browser's config related to cookies. That can also be the cause of the login issue I mentioned.

Standby for bigger problems.

Yeah? What's this all about?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
The only time that has happened to me is when I stop by and for whatever reason I find I am not logged in.

My guess is your issue is "cookie" related. You should check your browser's config related to cookies. That can also be the cause of the login issue I mentioned.

Yeah? What's this all about?

It's his second post,wait til he starts expressing opinions.

Replicator

Replicated User
Jan 1, 2014

When you create a new account it seems to mark all old threads as "read" at that point. Also, if you have an "ignore list" it will make an unread ignored message hang around until you read the page including & after it.

And login status.
And also cookies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad