GMTM done with trades ?????

CrookedCrook

Jan 12, 2014
Latvia
What I really want to see happen -

BUF: Roman Josi

NSH: Sam Reinhart ++

I have a feeling that ROR would want his own line to center and Samson becomes expendable that way as in asset to get something for a position of great need.
NSH probably doesn't do it because they need an immediate impact but that's where our ++ comes.

Our LHD is so weak at the moment and I don't think we will be able to sign Sekera to a reasonable enough deal to not cripple our cap in a few years.

Kane - Eichel/ROR - Ennis
Moulson - ROR/Eichel - Girgensons
McGinn - Larsson - Gionta
Foligno - McCormick - Deslauriers

Josi - Risto
McCabe - Bogo
Weber - Pysyk

Lehner
Johnson

Any else team overflowing with dman at the moment?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
It was for me - until he spent the season chewing hanging around for easy goals and chewing his mouth guard while watching Ennis take constant poundings in the actual effort to generate offense and floating while his pivot, generally rookies ala Girgensens and Larsson, do all the d-work.

Unfortunately, with so much youth and Gionta now himself likely one line away from being a healthy scratch, I guess *someone* is needed to be the so-called "veteran presence" among the forward group. Might as well be a $4m+ 3rd line declining mouth guard chewer.

Moulson led the team in assists and finished 2nd with 41 points. Considering we averaged under 2 goals a game and the fact that Moulson is a goal scorer who is best used with a guy who can dish him the luck I think Moulson did damn well this year. Sure 13 goals is disappointing for a 3x 30 goal scorer but he had 28 assists which is pretty impressive considering we had a whopping 5 guys total hit 10+ goals (and Moulson was one of them). Hopefully with RoR this year and Reinhart/Eichel after that as his center he returns to 30 goal form over the remainder of his deal. I think he will definitely score 100-110 goals over the last 4 years now that we actually have legit premier centers. If Tavares can help Moulson score 97 goals in a 3 year period then so could Eichel who will be even better. I think I'd prefer Kane with Reinhart. Eichel looks like a center who won't be afraid to shoot the puck while Kane is notorious for a heavy shot volume. Reinhart is more of a pass first guy so that should mesh well with Kane IMO. Sure, Kane is obviously our best LWer but I don't see any reason why Moulson can't be on the top line with Eichel.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
to not cripple our cap in a few years.

I don't think it's a reason to be worried, Gorges, Gionta, Moulson, all expire within the next 4 years, Eichel and Reinhart could be on bridge deals. Risto & Zemgus could be signed to long term deals before salary inflation, deals that look like bargains a couple years out.

Don't think cap will be an issue for the duration of the Bylsma contract, should still have cheaper options from the last 3 drafts replacing Hodgson, Ennis, Foligno, Weber when they hit their UFA year. Also, we have a 3 year window now, with players on ELC deals, just front-load ROR and whichever free agents we bring in to minimize the danger

There will always be budget teams that want a player with salary below their cap hit, there will likely be an expansion draft where we can expose players in a beneficial way. Just think we are early enough in the process to stagger contracts accordingly. (not dismissing cap concerns, just think its avoidable even with adding 2 LD at 14 million a year combined)

*I love the idea of using Reinhart to get Josi tho

Last edited:

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
If we trade up and grab Kylington then I look on this whole day in a whole new light...

I agree. I would still sign a vet and let him play in Rochester. I would not mind trading up #51 and #122 for say #34 from Toronto or #35 from Carolina.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Amazing how we went from insane defensive depth with no centers to amazing forward depth but lack at the blueline. We must build that blueline, as well as up the middle to contend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad