GMTM done with trades ?????

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Any thoughts?

Does buffalo do any more trades for nhl players?

I see them trading someone like Cornel/Karabacek for a young Dmen who starts an ELC.

Does buffalo trade up in the draft tomorrow?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I expect him to continue to shop for LHD using his picks and maybe a forward prospect to get it done. It may take until the opening of free agency, when teams need cap space. For the draft? I would think it unlikely but not impossible to be done for this weekend.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
I have a feeling Matt Moulson will be dealt. Pittsburgh ?

He's got control over that.

But to the OP, there are way too many forwards already... I think it's a given that there has to be more coming. Hopefully in the next 24 hours rather than thinning out my nerves over the entire summer :D

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
plus he wanted to come to Buffalo knowing full what a train wreck we were just for the hope of what might happen today..

I say that's worth something

It was for me - until he spent the season chewing hanging around for easy goals and chewing his mouth guard while watching Ennis take constant poundings in the actual effort to generate offense and floating while his pivot, generally rookies ala Girgensens and Larsson, do all the d-work.

Unfortunately, with so much youth and Gionta now himself likely one line away from being a healthy scratch, I guess *someone* is needed to be the so-called "veteran presence" among the forward group. Might as well be a $4m+ 3rd line declining mouth guard chewer.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
It was for me - until he spent the season chewing hanging around for easy goals and chewing his mouth guard while watching Ennis take constant poundings in the actual effort to generate offense and floating while his pivot, generally rookies ala Girgensens and Larsson, do all the d-work.

Unfortunately, with so much youth and Gionta now himself likely one line away from being a healthy scratch, I guess *someone* is needed to be the so-called "veteran presence" among the forward group. Might as well be a $4m+ 3rd line declining mouth guard chewer.

true to be honest last season was pretty tough on all of us, players really included..Lets see if raises his game with the youth and talent the Sabres now have..

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Seems like Murray sees Moulson as a safe second line LW until his contract expires. They could do worse in that spot.

3rd line wing.

Unless one of Eichel or Reinhart never transition into their projected 1C and 2C spots, which might open up room. Otherwise, with Kane and OReily probably locks for top 6 wing, Moulson will have to beat out Ennis and Girgensens both if he doesn't want to spend the balance of his career on the 3rd.

And really not seeing Moulson put in the effort to beat out heart of Ennis or the power and defensive strengths of Girgensens. Meaning, Moulson is suddenly a 3rd liner as of today's moves.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
true to be honest last season was pretty tough on all of us, players really included..Lets see if raises his game with the youth and talent the Sabres now have..

Yeah, it's true, last season was an adverse and at times quite toxic year for everyone.

For me though, when a kid like Hodgson (whose game style is no different than Moulson, but who actually has play making vision and a quality shot) gets dumped on without consideration for that context while a guy like Moulson - who is supposed a quality "leader" - spends the entire season riding the efforts of others... Well, I end up without a lot of respect for that so-called "leader".

Doesn't matter though, Hodgson is gone and Moulson is a 3rd liner as of today's moves. Curious what becomes of Gionta now actually.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
I'd like us to try move up in round two with 51 and other future picks to select a D...

Kylington, Meloche, Carlo, Dunn, Pilon

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
3rd line wing.

Unless one of Eichel or Reinhart never transition into their projected 1C and 2C spots, which might open up room. Otherwise, with Kane and OReily probably locks for top 6 wing, Moulson will have to beat out Ennis and Girgensens both if he doesn't want to spend the balance of his career on the 3rd.

And really not seeing Moulson put in the effort to beat out heart of Ennis or the power and defensive strengths of Girgensens. Meaning, Moulson is suddenly a 3rd liner as of today's moves.

Depends on where guys land. Kane is clearly the top-line LW, but Girgs could be the elite No. 3 center, and Ennis has some ability to play the RW.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Depends on where guys land. Kane is clearly the top-line LW, but Girgs could be the elite No. 3 center, and Ennis has some ability to play the RW.

This is true. But I can't stop the day dream gushing that comes with seeing Girgensens unravel as a top 6 power forward, leaving 3C to guys like Larsson, even serviceable Legwand.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think we might see an F for D trade before the season starts. We've got a lot of bodies up front now. Plus, while it wouldn't hurt us to acquire another LHD either way, we'll need to trade for one if we strike out in free agency.

I'd also be into trading up from 51 to grab one of the good d-men still available in the draft. We've still got extra 3rds next year to use as ammo.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Yeah - we need to convert some F into D.

Forwards currently under contract (+ Eichel):

1. ROR
2. Eichel
3. Kane
4. Moulson
5. Ennis
6. Gionta
7. Hodgson
8. Legwand
9. McGinn
10. Foligno
11. McCormick
12. Girgensons
13. Deslauriers
14. Reinhart

Plus Larsson is RFA and I'm assuming will be here next year

In addition, we can sign Kaleta, Varone and Schaller.

Defense:

1. Bogo
2. Gorges
3. Risto
4. Weber
5. Pysyk
6. McCabe
7. Ruhwedel

Definitely need more D. If we don't trade, I wouldn't mind trying to sign Sekera and Oduya. But I bet we wind up with something like Volchenkov and Paul Martin.

schpaff

Sep 4, 2005
Yeah - we need to convert some F into D.

Forwards currently under contract (+ Eichel):

1. ROR
2. Eichel
3. Kane
4. Moulson
5. Ennis
6. Gionta
7. Hodgson
8. Legwand
9. McGinn
10. Foligno
11. McCormick
12. Girgensons
13. Deslauriers
14. Reinhart

Plus Larsson is RFA and I'm assuming will be here next year

In addition, we can sign Kaleta, Varone and Schaller.

Defense:

1. Bogo
2. Gorges
3. Risto
4. Weber
5. Pysyk
6. McCabe
7. Ruhwedel

Definitely need more D. If we don't trade, I wouldn't mind trying to sign Sekera and Oduya. But I bet we wind up with something like Volchenkov and Paul Martin.

Yeah...I think we are done with the Schaller,Varone and Dalpe players...unless you mean Rochester?

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Yeah...I think we are done with the Schaller,Varone and Dalpe players...unless you mean Rochester?

No - I'm saying that we have plenty of potential injury/call-up depth, so that we can afford to trade forwards. And that's not even counting guys like Bailey, Baptiste or even Rodrigues, who could wind up impressing in Rochester

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad