Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-2 (Garland, Lindholm) | Oh, no…anyway!

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: April 18th, 5:00PM PST
WHERE: Canada Life Centre, Winnipeg, MB
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Hoglander
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Suter-Blueger-Lafferty
Di Giuseppe-Aman-Podkolzin

Hughes-Juulsen
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Friedman

Demko

Jets Line-Up:
Ehlers-Monahan-Toffoli
Iafallo-Lambert-Vilardi
Niederrieter-Gustafsson-Appleton
Perfetti-Kupari-Chibrikov

Schmidt-DeMelo
Samberg-Pionk
Stanley-Miller

Brossoit

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I haven't followed PO that closely in recent years, but as Division winner, even if the Jets have more points in Reg. season, Van would have home ice in round 3 if they met. So, only Dal would have home ice over them. They play STL tonight and know that they need 1 point to secure it throughout.

Again, for me, I'd leave Quinn, Petey, Miller and Demko (unless he is completely healthy and needs the work) at home. The game could very well be meaningless, but Canucks will have arrived in Winn by the drop of the puck in the STL/Dal game. So, I don't bother putting those guys on a plane with a 6 hour total flight time there and back. Nash has been resting since they ended their season on Monday.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I haven't followed PO that closely in recent years, but as Division winner, even if the Jets have more points in Reg. season, Van would have home ice in round 3 if they met. So, only Dal would have home ice over them. They play STL tonight and know that they need 1 point to secure it throughout.

Again, for me, I'd leave Quinn, Petey, Miller and Demko (unless he is completely healthy and needs the work) at home. The game could very well be meaningless, but Canucks will have arrived in Winn by the drop of the puck in the STL/Dal game. So, I don't bother putting those guys on a plane with a 6 hour total flight time there and back. Nash has been resting since they ended their season on Monday.

Yep, you leave as many stars at home, or anyone with any lingering issue.

I would also inform everyone but the fill-ins that they are not allowed to fight IMO, especially a guy like Joshua.

Edit: seeing post about cap space, so likely we can only sit 2-3 players.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I’m assuming they don’t have the capspace to call a bunch of guys up for this game?
Isn’t there also a limit to how many non-emergency call ups a team gets post-TDL? IIRC they abolish the 23 roster limit and instead enforce the call up limit.

So even if they had the cap space, I think they’d be able to call up a few players

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
They currently have 0.125m in space so yeah no one is getting called up without LTIR shenanigans.
Feels like a peak lazy JT game and Brock has been maintenance-y recently.

On the back end, would hope for Hughes-Hronek to sit but with Hronek sitting 2 points from 50, I think he would be reluctant.

Could also just go with Cole & Myers to sit. Both guys have played well recently and are the oldest guys

My guess is that Winnipeg will rest a bunch of guys and we’ll get Friedman/Juulsen/Aman/PDG in. Might win this one unfortunately
Looking long, winning in regulation by any amount of goals would mean we finish above WPG in the standings.

That would mean home ice if we faced them down the road.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Feels like a peak lazy JT game and Brock has been maintenance-y recently.

On the back end, would hope for Hughes-Hronek to sit but with Hronek sitting 2 points from 50, I think he would be reluctant.

Could also just go with Cole & Myers to sit. Both guys have played well recently and are the oldest guys

Looking long, winning in regulation by any amount of goals would mean we finish above WPG in the standings.

That would mean home ice if we faced them down the road.
Van is a division winner. Don't they get home ice against any non-division winner regardless of points? Like if Win and Bos have more points but are not division winners (from current standings & Win victory), Van gets home ice don't they?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think we see all of Friedman/Juulsen/Aman/PDG dress in this one, but maybe not for who we think.

I can see us resting Boeser and Lindholm up front, as both of them have purportedly been a bit banged up. Outside chance of Petey.

On defense, harder to tell. They *should* rest Hughes. Cole would be a likely candidate.

And I think DeSmith starts.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Van is a division winner. Don't they get home ice against any non-division winner regardless of points? Like if Win and Bos have more points but are not division winners (from current standings & Win victory), Van gets home ice don't they?

In rounds 3 and 4, standings is the difference

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
rest the older guys - cole, miller, myers, and lindholm (coming off of an injury)

maybe switch JT for boeser based on that tocchet comment about brock battling through something

hughes will be fine playing 15 light minutes

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
So, Van has 109 points with 44 RW and 50 ROW.
Win has 108 points with 45 RW and 51 ROW.

A Van loss in any fashion and the Jets finish ahead of them as they would have the RW tie-breaker.

I'd still lean rest over home ice. With how staggered teams are in concluding their season and unknown when PO begin.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
They currently have 0.125m in space so yeah no one is getting called up without LTIR shenanigans.
That's a bummer and dashes any hopes of seeing a Max Sasson NHL goal this year.

4996099.png

Wow, can those eyes get any closer together?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Surely we rest some dudes right....
I look at it as more of, if they don't play, don't put them on the plane today. No point in flying Miller, Petey, Hughes to Winn to not play. So, make up your mind today and leave them home. Kind of pointless to have them do a 6 hour round trip flight to Winn for a 1. Seriously, NHL, having a team cross 2 time zones for 1 game?

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I wonder if they’d roll light. Like go 11Fs if they want to rest more than two guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad