GDT: [GM8] Canucks vs Rangers | Sat. Oct 28th, 7pm | HNIC/SN1 | Back-to-Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Two hot teams that have won 3 in a row. Canucks have allowed just 15 goals in 7 games for 2.12 per game and the Rangers 13 in 7 and only allowing 1.85 goals per game. Somethings got to give.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
DeSmith starts this one.

Let’s get it yall, I’ll be at my watering hole for this one. Also, it’s gonna be packed downtown for Halloween.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
This should be a really fun one. I just hope the Canucks can show they won't get caved in by a good team. If they can hang with the Rangers, not just on the scoreboard but in the flow of the game, that's a great sign. Despite their record so far I have reservations after the first few games of that road trip and looking like the same old.

Tomorrow will be a good test and, like I said before, a fun game! I was hoping Demko would get the nod again so we could get a Demko-Shesterkin showdown but probably better for him to get the night off on the back to back I guess.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
If the Canucks take this game, I think the bottom 6 has to step up and have evidence of that on the score sheet. Garland, Lafferty, Hog all had shots that were plausible goals vs the Blues. But close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes. Sooner or later (or maybe even once in awhile, if I'm being optimistic) the top 6 won't be able to generate 3+ goals a game.

Still, being anticipatory for Canucks games? This is a strange and new feeling.

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
This to me is the trap game, we feel good coming off today and NYR is a solid team and will be ready to play us. I hope we come out strong. I still think this team has some real flaws and I’m not trying to be a Debbie downer here, just to say I’m impressed with them in-spite of, and am hopeful they can resolve some of these issues (RHD, to many Smallish Wingers, not enough heavy bodies) to make a run. Also think that Vegas and Colorado look good. I know I’m ahead of myself, but it’s been years since I felt like we had a chance.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
First 7 games of the season don’t mean anything, never have. This Rangers game is the real test.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
The NYR game is going to be the 1st I have missed in quite a while. Going for dinner at my sister's and daughter is joining us, and sister doesn't have a tv. Or care about hockey.

You all yell at them enough that the Nuckers win without my screaming.
Quality time with family is a win in itself. Let’s hope for two wins Saturday!

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Both teams have the same record. Tough to play a back to back into one of the top teams that is rested though. Hope we come out like we did last night though!

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Look at the minutes from last night:

Hronek under 19

Hughes under 21

Miller under 18

EP under 19

If you have to play a back to back, it’s nice to go into it without your most important players logging huge minutes from the night before.

The way DeSmith has played in his first 2 starts, I don’t think any of us are overly concerned by it at this point, but, with the benefit of hindsight, I would have preferred DeSmith play last night and Demko tonight.

Hopefully the Rangers hit the Roxy hard last night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad