GDT: [GM78] Canucks vs Golden Knights | Mon. Apr 8th, 7:00pm | SNP | I Just Want to be Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: April 8th, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Höglander-Pettersson-Boeser
Joshua-Miller-Garland
Mikheyev-Blueger-Podkolzin
Suter-Åman-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

Silovs

Golden Knights Line-Up:

Barbashev-Eichel-Marchessault
Hertl-Stephenson-Amadio
Dorofeyev-Karlsson-Mantha
Cotter-Howden-Kolesar

Hanifin-Hague
McNabb-Theodore
Martinez-Whitecloud

Thompson

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Some random thoughts:

-there's almost no way, apart from NHL/reffing bullshit, that will make me upset about how this season ends. Expectations were that they would be fighting for a Wild Card spot and instead are leading the division with 4 games remaining. It's an unmitigated success. They've managed to create a contention window where there wasn't one before.
-next season expectations will be much different
-DeSmith is a good back-up but is now crumbling under the pressure. It's weirdly normal. He did excellent work earlier in the season and is a big part of why the team is even in this position.
-Golden Knights have been a pretty poor defensive team but the Canucks have struggled to generate enough chances that takes advantage of that.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Just fix the damn pp

thats-what-she-said-what-she-said.gif

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Some random thoughts:

-there's almost no way, apart from NHL/reffing bullshit, that will make me upset about how this season ends. Expectations were that they would be fighting for a Wild Card spot and instead are leading the division with 4 games remaining. It's an unmitigated success. They've managed to create a contention window where there wasn't one before.
-next season expectations will be much different
-DeSmith is a good back-up but is now crumbling under the pressure. It's weirdly normal. He did excellent work earlier in the season and is a big part of why the team is even in this position.
-Golden Knights have been a pretty poor defensive team but the Canucks have struggled to generate enough chances that takes advantage of that.

Agree with all of this.

Re DeSmith (who I haven’t liked his last couple or starts) - this is why you never see backups repeatedly starting against playoff teams and contending teams. A guy like DeSmith is supposed to provide rest for your starter, and win games against the lower teams that the Canucks decide to rest Demko on. In that respect, he’s largely done his job. But he’s wearing down under this run of starts against playoff opponents because it’s not his forte. Demko can’t get back soon enough.

-

I feel a win coming here. I think the Canucks will have some motivation to come out hard after how the last game against Vegas went, but also how the game against LA went.

Actually thought our PP looked dangerous against LA and generated some quality chances - Talbot had a strong game for LA. If our PP can keep generating chances like that, we’ll break through. Hope to see more of that in this game.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
You'd think having to rely on a backup goalie would have pushed the rest of the team to step up. Recently, we've had some ugly games from Desmith but what do you expect?

Anyways, gotta be Silovs

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Will need to tighten up defensively to have a chance. Marchessault and Eichel feasted on us last game.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Gonna be tough to win the division now and they have a must-win next saturday vs Oilers if they want to win the division.

I don't think I'd play DeSmith again, but they really seem to want to be loyal.

Not only on DeSmith, the whole bottom 6 has been pretty terrible, the defense lost constantly and few of the big starts look interested. We are seeing what a team carried by Hughes, Garland and Joshua looks like.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Hertl-Stephenson-Stone is going to be a beast in the playoffs.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Gotta start Silovs here and grind out a win, additionally, I'd hate to lose the division title so close to end of the regular season and hate that we're in this spot but well here we are.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
It’s absolutely essential that we reunite Joshua Blueger Garland and let them regain their chemistry. Putting Miller on that line essentially concedes that we are a 2 line team. Need Petey, Miller, and Joshua/Garland to carry their own lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad