Post-Game Talk: [GM78] Canucks defeat Golden Knights | 4-3 (Garland(2), Hughes, & Boeser) | All the Milestones

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Make Silvos the starter until Demko is back

He wasn’t good this game but DeSmtih has been even worse

Silovs playing like this at 23 is incredible. We have a player here.
Meh

He let in 2 on 2 shots and that third goal was terrible
save % .87

But at least he didn’t let in a goal immediately after the team pulled one back so that’s an improvement on DeSmith already

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Best part of this win? puts us 5 pts up on the Oilers. Race for 3rd and the last wild card spot is interesting

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Make Silvos the starter until Demko is back

He wasn’t good this game but DeSmtih has been even worse

Meh

He let in 2 on 2 shots and that third goal was terrible
save % .87

But at least he didn’t let in a goal immediately after the team pulled one back so that’s an improvement on DeSmith already
The first goal didn’t look great either.

In a big game, giving up 2 questionable goals on only 23 shots…

Last edited:
Reactions: LuckyDay

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

ON the other hand he is 6-2 with a 2.47 GAA and 0.908 SV% early in his nhl career. Poor games happen. Great games happen. As long as the good outweighs the bad you have yourself a pretty reliable goaltender. Obviously very early but regardless of a couple of stinkers Silovs has continued to improve and will be pushing for the backup spot next season. (I dare say he the backup job next year until he shows otherwise. I don't expect DeSmith or other backup to be signed).

DeSmith's numbers are pretty far off for his career because of this really rough stretch for him. He has done some great work for the team early this season and that shouldn't be discounted but since Demko went down it's been a major struggle for him.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024

His .870 save percentage higher than DeSmith's .790 in his previous game.

I thought Ian Clark was a goalie guru, does it only work on starters? Martin, DeSmith, Holtby, Halak and Delia as back ups since Clark took over have been pretty poor.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
His .870 save percentage higher than DeSmith's .790 in his previous game.

I thought Ian Clark was a goalie guru, does it only work on starters? Martin, DeSmith, Holtby, Halak and Delia as back ups since Clark took over have been pretty poor.
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

But, I have some hope for Silovs. He can be good, but he needs consistency and confidence.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

But, I have some hope for Silovs. He can be good, but he needs consistency and confidence.
That is true but some of those goalies came with some past pedigree. Except for Martin, the others all 6'2" and under though and Clark has said he likes larger goalies. Silovs is big but his puck tracking is nowhere near NHL level. He just made himself big and hoped it hit him too many times last night.

Reactions: IComeInPeace

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Joshua showing he is irreplaceable on the team.

JT, Brock, Garland and Hughes all looked great.

Silov looks decent. Needs some rebound control but at 23 it's a good sign.

EP still needs to do way more.

Reactions: B-rock

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Said early in the game I thought the Canucks were playing fine but just needed some better goaltending - was very surprised to see them get it in the same game :laugh: Big kudos to Silvos for getting it together. He looked very nervous + shaky early, and overcoming it was huge for this team's confidence going forward.

Petey still looks a bit off, and his feel for the game is about half a second too late/too early. He has the right idea in a lot of spots, but is just slightly off. He's a big vibes guy, and when he's feeling it everything looks natural. Hopefully a game like today where he gets involved physically snaps him back into it.

Mikheyev's defensive play + hustle was great to see this close to the playoffs. Gives some hope that the bottom 6 might be all right when Lindholm comes back - being able to use them as a matchup line to give the top 6 some space would be a massive boon to getting more offense at ES.

Reactions: sting101

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If you haven't read The Wheel of Time, you are missing out. Don't watch Amazon's butchering.

I actually enjoy the interpretation the TV show is doing. Found the book series heavily flawed - some good highs, but some very sloggish lows.

-

Still buzzing from this game. Big time win.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
That's leadership folks. The team has been struggling lately and Miller brings the LULZ to loosen things up, what a f***ing gamer.

He's matured tremendously from previous years when he'd mope and act out when things didn't go well. The Canucks really made the right call locking him in. He's playing like a $13m player and might have one of the best contracts in the league, which is shocking considering many people wanted to trade him 12 months ago.

Reactions: Flik

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

My biggest takeaway was how Silovs settled into the game after giving up those goals. He could have just folded, but ended up getting the win. That's nice to see. The last couple times they had bad bounces early the game ended up being a 6-3 loss.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Keeping the game scoreless in the 3rd period was a huge accomplishment for a team that has struggled to contain good teams of late. Not a great game from Silovs but he settled down as the game went on. Canucks will likely have to score 4 to have a decent shot at winning until Demko gets back.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
that was a thoroughly entertaining game. it might be garland's best game as a canuck and i am so proud of the fans giving him that moment after the 3 stars.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
When I win the lottery my dream is to get 1st editions of the books that made me fall in love with reading.

Wizard of oz, the Hobbit, call of the wild, and every one of the dark tower, well pretty much every one of his books from him.
I read IT when I was like 10 after my older brother left it behind when he moved out and after finishing my mom asked me how it was and I told her how Beverly banged all her friends to seal the pact and was immediately banned from his work and my mom made my Dad come over and give me the talk😂

:thumbu:

I've saved pretty much all the books I read and have a pretty good library of over 500 books. I've got the WoT series and many other Sci Fi series like Steven Erickson, and Terry Goodkind. Ken Follet, Clancy, and so many others. My first young adult reading was Stephen King, I have every book up until around 2010, must be around 70-80. Ah, good times, I used to move out to the camper trailer in summer and just read like crazy. Thanks for the good memories!

Last edited:

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Yes it's felt like Schrodinger's Canucks for me recently. Watch them they lose, don't watch they win.

I typically watch, win or lose, but when I literally turn on the game and get "Scores!" as the literal first thing, I can't help but feel a little stitious (I'm not superstitious, just a little stitious.)

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I actually enjoy the interpretation the TV show is doing. Found the book series heavily flawed - some good highs, but some very sloggish lows.

-

Still buzzing from this game. Big time win.
The "sloggish" parts need to be read more carefully. Small example, did you catch the foreshadowing of the arrival of the Sharans? Massive example, did you catch the foreshadowing of the cleansing in Book 9, which began in Book 1?

Reactions: Sonny A

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad