GDT: [GM74] Canucks vs Ducks | Sun. Mar 31st, 12:30pm | SNP | Meaningless Game in March

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Going to be honest. Very disappointed with how the homestand has gone. Not just the results, but the core guys appear to be fading.

Rick seems hell bent on screwing with the lines each game and really hasn't made any progress on fixing the powerplay.

Win this and hope to god Edmonton drop some games. The 8 remaining games after this one are against rather tough opponents. Not even the Arizona games are gimmies.

Last edited:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Going to be honest. Very disappointed with how the homestand has gone. Not just the results, but the core guys appear to be fading.

Rick seemingly seems hell bent on screwing with the lines each game and really hasn't made any progress on fixing the powerplay.

Win this and hope to god Edmonton drop some games. The 8 remaining games after this one are against rather tough opponents. Not even the Arizona games are gimmies.

Arizona in particular just slapped the bitch out of Nashville last night, bringing their unbelievable heater to an end.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
IMG_1174.gif

Time to go duck hunting.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Since Tocchet completely changed the line up after practicing with a different line up for 2 days prior, I literally have 0 clue how the lines will look.

The thing is, you can’t have Suter, Mikheyev, Lafferty playing in the top 6. They have zero top 6 qualities.

Find a way to make Lindholm, Miller, Pettersson, Boeser, Garland, and either Joshua or Hoglander as your top 2 lines.

Perhaps you do Lindholm-Pettersson-Garland and Joshua-Miller-Boeser. Or reunite the Lotto line and put Joshua and Garland back together and have Lindholm as your 2nd line C.

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Hoglander-Blueger-Lafferty
Mikheyev-Suter-Podkolzin

Or

Lindholm-Pettersson-Garland
Joshua-Miller-Boeser
Mikheyev-Suter-Podkolzin

Just stop putting Suter and Mikheyev on the goddamn top 6.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Now that we are into March and games are meaningless, we need to keep losing games to better our draft position and lottery odds.
This.

I can't believe I am on a forum called Hockey's Future, and as soon as the team messes up and challenges for the President's Trophy, posters completely lose their minds and start clamoring for success in the playoffs and a shot at the Stanley Cup in the current year.

Go to Hockey Now for that kind of claptrap. This site is about putting off current success for future putting off of future success. It always will be and it never has been.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Since Tocchet completely changed the line up after practicing with a different line up for 2 days prior, I literally have 0 clue how the lines will look.

The thing is, you can’t have Suter, Mikheyev, Lafferty playing in the top 6. They have zero top 6 qualities.

Find a way to make Lindholm, Miller, Pettersson, Boeser, Garland, and either Joshua or Hoglander as your top 2 lines.

Perhaps you do Lindholm-Pettersson-Garland and Joshua-Miller-Boeser. Or reunite the Lotto line and put Joshua and Garland back together and have Lindholm as your 2nd line C.

Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
Mikheyev-Suter-Podkolzin

Or

Lindholm-Pettersson-Garland
Joshua-Miller-Boeser
Mikheyev-Suter-Podkolzin

Just stop putting Suter and Mikheyev on the goddamn top 6.

Mikheyev has actually been okay lately. He seemed to play decently well with Lindholm too despite still struggling offensively. That said, I'd probably roll out:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Lindholm - Podkolkin
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

Maybe try Mikheyev with Lindholm for a handful of shifts and see how it works but otherwise I think keeping the third line together and moving Hoglander with Lindholm is better. Assuming they can find some chemistry.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

dez

Mar 3, 2012
I think Mikayhev was finally turning his game around and he played what 10 minutes vs Dallas and Bains played with Miller I dont understand, nows not the time to experiment with line ups being so close to playoffs.

Reactions: Indiana

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Mikheyev has actually been okay lately. He seemed to play decently well with Lindholm too despite still struggling offensively. That said, I'd probably roll out:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Lindholm - Podkolkin
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Mikheyev - Suter - Lafferty

Maybe try Mikheyev with Lindholm for a handful of shifts and see how it works but otherwise I think keeping the third line together and moving Hoglander with Lindholm is better. Assuming they can find some chemistry.
Another close vatiant is to switch Lindholm up with Pettersson and go for what I am sure more than a few people envisioned coming out of that 2019 draft. Maybe you end up with a nails matchup line out of it as well joining Lindholm with BB and JT.

Reactions: Indiana

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
This.

I can't believe I am on a forum called Hockey's Future, and as soon as the team messes up and challenges for the President's Trophy, posters completely lose their minds and start clamoring for success in the playoffs and a shot at the Stanley Cup in the current year.

Go to Hockey Now for that kind of claptrap. This site is about putting off current success for future putting off of future success. It always will be and it never has been.
I just want to consoom shiny new prospects and get excited for next shiny new prospect.

Reactions: I am toxic

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Hoglander Pettersson Garland
Joshua Miller Boeser
Mikheyev Blueger Lafferty
Podkolzin Suter PDG

I understand keeping Joshua Blueger Garland together right now but spreading us so thin and elevating someone like Bains for no reason makes no sense at this point of the year. Go with what has been working until Lindholm is back and get the chemistry rolling.

Hoglander Pettersson Lindholm
Mikheyev Miller Boeser
Joshua Blueger Garland
Podkolzin Suter Lafferty

Lindholm and Mikheyev will dictate whether we go far or not basically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig