GDT: GM73: the Broons @ the Goons - 7pm-ish

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
I came here tonight to vicariously vent as I read everyone’s posts.

The PP was atrocious. 14 shots in regulation ? My fiancé asked why Ovi wasn’t in the first three of the shootout I told her you’ll find out why. When CMM got up there I went to the bathroom. I knew it was over. Good to get a point against Boston but a win gives some room for error.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
This still feels good:

1711850294648.png

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Hope we get the #8 seed, Boston is probably the only team we can match up against. Every other team would boat race us. Come on boston, wrap up #1.

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
It is imperative we go 5-1 in this next stretch and that the loss not come against Detroit before we finish up against Tampa, Boston, and Philadelphia:

1711850465202.png

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Hope we get the #8 seed, Boston is probably the only team we can match up against. Every other team would boat race us. Come on boston, wrap up #1.

eh if you look at this season, they actually match up with rangers too if you look at head to head this year.
beat them 4-0, beat them 3-2, lost 2-1 and then 5-1

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
It is imperative we go 5-1 in this next stretch and that the loss not come against Detroit before we finish up against Tampa, Boston, and Philadelphia:

I assume you're on the WC... i saw 4pm games and was like wtf...

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
eh if you look at this season, they actually match up with rangers too if you look at head to head this year.
beat them 4-0, beat them 3-2, lost 2-1 and then 5-1

We've won two out of three against Carolina, too. And have them coming up in a few games.

I wouldn't favor us to win any series but I wouldn't be surprised if we were competitive against any possible opponent, either.

(Except Toronto, but they have their own playoff demons that could affect them)

I assume you're on the WC... i saw 4pm games and was like wtf...

Yup lol. I love it. NHL games over before dinner and NFL games (that I care about) done by 1 in the afternoon.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
A point. Caps did everything most of the game to lose it in regulation and the third period work helped avoid it. Just don’t shit the bed against Buffalo and Pittsburgh. Frustrated on not converting in OT, but count your blessings.

exactly, when the caps play next they will have 3 games in hand on flyers. Just gotta hope the flyers dont win lol

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
So strange for them to lean more and more on young legs in OT recently, get a 4 minute minor to work with, and then just... not do that today.

GOAT or not, we probably didn't need to commit to 4 minutes of PP for Ovechkin there but if that's what you want to do... call a timeout? I admittedly dozed off so I didn't see if they used it way earlier in the game or not but if it was there and they didn't utilize it that's mistake 1.

But also, flood them with energy. It's like they said "well we have a 4 on 3 so we can leave Ovie out there to chase the play, basically play 3v3 and use him as a bonus" but the real answer when nobody's clicking is to get the hustle guys out there and create breakdowns. They played the perimeter for 2 minutes and I thought "okay, that didn't work, surely now come the pups" and it just... didn't happen.

Such a weird decision

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
We only had 20 shots on goal. Almost all teams who only generate 20 shots on goal, lose in regulation or OT. Lindgren stole that important point for us, as on paper we were supposed to lose this game in regulation. You take the point to move into 3rd, rest up a bit and prepare for the Sabres on Tuesday.

We have to at least go 4-2 over the next six before we finish with Tampa, Boston, and Philly.
I'm not looking past the Sabres right now.

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
We only had 20 shots on goal. Almost all teams who only generate 20 shots on goal, lose in regulation or OT. Lindgren stole that important point for us, as on paper we were supposed to lose this game in regulation. You take the point to move into 3rd, rest up a bit and prepare for the Sabres on Tuesday.

Exactly right (btw, this is HSHS from the BB's). A team with like 15 shots on regulation and who fails to score on a 4 minute 4-on-3 OT PP does not deserve to win. But the most important thing was getting at least one point, which we did to keep pace with Detroit and gain on Philly, and now we have a couple days off before a soft patch in the schedule.

In the spirit of March Madness, "survive and advance".

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
We have to at least go 4-2 over the next six before we finish with Tampa, Boston, and Philly.
Why can’t we beat those three teams? Maybe Boston has nothing left to play and they are resting some players? Ideally we win every game left but Detroit and Philly are not great teams either and we have games in hand.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
Why can’t we beat those three teams? Maybe Boston has nothing left to play and they are resting some players? Ideally we win every game left but Detroit and Philly are not great teams either and we have games in hand.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go 1-2 in the final three, so to get to 92 points that means we'd need to go 4-2 over the next six.

Obviously there are other mathematical possibilities - I'm just pointing out my base case path. Ideally we go 5-1 and have some breathing room heading into the final three but if we only go 3-3 or 3-2-1 I think it'll be a tough position to finish out the season.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if we go 1-2 in the final three, so to get to 92 points that means we'd need to go 4-2 over the next six.

Obviously there are other mathematical possibilities - I'm just pointing out my base case path. Ideally we go 5-1 and have some breathing room heading into the final three but if we only go 3-3 or 3-2-1 I think it'll be a tough position to finish out the season.
Yeah I agree that’s definitely a possibility. But for Philly to get 92 points they have to go 5-2 down the stretch and Detroit has to go 6-2. So 92 might even be more points than we need.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad