GDT: [GM60] Canucks vs Bruins | Sat. Feb 24th, 4:00pm | CBC/HNIC/SNP | Work Harder...and Smarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbenton

Dec 6, 2014

Agree with this, Miller was so effective coming down on his strong side where he could both shoot and make a play. He needs to be the primary puck handler on the half-wall, neither Pettersson nor Boeser are capable of being effective primary playmakers on the PP. Pettersson is honestly only useful on entries and as a shooting option on the PP, he's too hesitant to make plays into the middle and makes a lot of dumb decisions in general.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
All this doom and gloom and we are still 1st place* in the league!

That said it's time to string some wins together or else we won't be for long.

Adversity is a good thing providing you can overcome it. You don't wanna pull a Boston last year and experience it for the first time as a team in the playoffs.

Time to prove to the league and the fans that we are for real and this game is simply a Stanley Cup preview.

Let's go Canucks!

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Good news is that the worst part of our schedule is coming to a close and we're still tops in the league. There are worse ways to go through adversity.

Like I've been saying it would be a victory to go over .500 on the month, 4-5-1 isn't even bad considering the complete lack of rest. A fat dub over the Bruins would certainly alleviate concerns

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
IMG_0170.gif

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Actual answer is the NHL/CBC/Sportsnet probably wants to showcase the battle of Alberta at 7pm.
you can't discount ratings in other markets. Boston Market is one of Bettman's favourites (I like their turkey), and in Canada they're still popular in the Atlantic provinces. You'd have to think the Habs fans would watch too to cheer for the Canucks.

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
This is the first losing streak we've had this season, I'd prefer if we didn't melt down prematurely as fans. If anything I think Joshua has been missed so hopefully he's healthy soon, but I think its way too early to panic, lots of teams slow down around this time of the year as the games add up.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Good news is that the worst part of our schedule is coming to a close and we're still tops in the league. There are worse ways to go through adversity.

Like I've been saying it would be a victory to go over .500 on the month, 4-5-1 isn't even bad considering the complete lack of rest. A fat dub over the Bruins would certainly alleviate concerns
the bright side too is to hope that Bruins make the push for President's Cup too while we store up energy for the playoffs. If they break their record from last year, all the better. They can have it.

Revenge would be great, and would break us out of the demoralizing but I'm expecting a loss and a push to win Tuesday.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Schedule makers doing their absolute damnedest to f*** the team over, of course.

Actual answer is the NHL/CBC/Sportsnet probably wants to showcase the battle of Alberta at 7pm.

Would love to see the viewership numbers to help them make this decision. I know it's the BoA, but they're screwing over their 2nd largest English speaking market in a game against one of their biggest rivals. I assume the numbers support this decision, but to what degree?

Reactions: Indiana

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
you can't discount ratings in other markets. Boston Market is one of Bettman's favourites (I like their turkey), and in Canada they're still popular in the Atlantic provinces. You'd have to think the Habs fans would watch too to cheer for the Canucks.

While true, I personally don't recognize the city of Boston, the entire state of Massachusetts, and the general area of "New England" as somewhere that is worth considering.

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Canucks are going to have to regroup fast if they have any hope of winning this game..It doesnt seem like there's any pause in the schedule..They just have to jump right in again.

Other than Miller, there seems to be a void of top 6 players pulling on the rope..These are the players I think that Tocchet was alluding to, as to not pulling their weight...I dont think you can call out any defensemen in this instance.

Haven't won a single game since Joshua has been out of the lineup..He's not the sole reason they're losing, but boy, the team seems way off without him in the lineup.

Reactions: Indiana

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Just have to survive and get to March. Pretty much spend the entire month at home and it’s desperately needed right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad