GDT: [GM53] Canucks @ Capitals | Sun. Feb 11th, 10:30am | SNP | Morning Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I've got a full day of not leaving the house. Going to need to fit in sometime to go shopping on Saturday post-Canucks game.
Kickoff for SB ususally at 3:30 or something our time. This game ends around 1pm. Canucks have to go to Chicago next. Canucks probably catch the 2nd half at their hotel in Chicago.

Does suck that they go from Bos to Det then east to Was then west to chi vs from Bos to Wash to Det then onto Chi.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
It's absolutely insane to me that they scheduled a morning back-to-back after only one day off since the last game. 3 games within 65 hours. Is that grounds for a complaint with the NHLPA?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
It's absolutely insane to me that they scheduled a morning back-to-back after only one day off since the last game. 3 games within 65 hours. Is that grounds for a complaint with the NHLPA?

This is the second time this season they've done this exact same thing to the Canucks (Wild in the AM then Blackhawks the next day in the AM). Not sure why it's scheduled this way but the Sunday game is a morning one due to the Super Bowl.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This could be the 'last hurrah' for teams like Tampa and Washington. They're rapidly aging out, and all the years of trading draft picks for immediate help, is starting to take its toll. They have virtually nothing in the pipeline.

Still the Caps are playing the Canucks at home......and Ovechkin has been pure poison to the Canucks over the years. I think it'll be a tight game. And if it's DeSmith between the pipes, the Canucks usually play airtight defense in front of him.

Although it's the second game of a back-to-back, I still like their chances better in Washington than in Detroit.

Reactions: Indiana

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I went to a concert in D.C. during my American M.A. residency last year and saw things which came straight out of a GTA game

Would go again, but would not ever recommend driving there during a Nats gameday (which I had to do — in a manual-transmission car)

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
There are only two teams in the league that I truly hate, the Filthy Flyers and the Boston Ruined. Philly for the 70s and Boston for 2011 (Not just for beating us, but for jerks like Mike Milktoast whining about how dirty the Sedins were). And what two teams have we rolled over for...you guessed it....total of 10-1 goal defeats so far.

In Boston, the Blueger line play great and draws an early power play. We lose position and Boesser makes no effort to forecheck giving Boston time. Then Miller makes no effort to skate back and what happens. Effing Marchand scores. How to change a good game to a piece of crap in one sequence.

Missed the Detroit game. Looks like a decent effort from what I have seen thank goodness.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
This could be the 'last hurrah' for teams like Tampa and Washington. They're rapidly aging out, and all the years of trading draft picks for immediate help, is starting to take its toll. They have virtually nothing in the pipeline.

Still the Caps are playing the Canucks at home......and Ovechkin has been pure poison to the Canucks over the years. I think it'll be a tight game. And if it's DeSmith between the pipes, the Canucks usually play airtight defense in front of him.

Although it's the second game of a back-to-back, I still like their chances better in Washington than in Detroit.
Wash and PItt are aging out. TB, Stamkos and Hedman both turn 34 in 2024. Their other key guys are not old, but they have little depth now. Very top heavy team, so the well paid guys have to do more of the work.

Just shows how long windows truly are. TB was considered a legit team since like 2018 after missing the 2017 PO due to a rash of injuries. Been up to a 6 year run for them.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
3 points in 3 road games. Deserved 2 vs Detroit, Boston kicked our teeth in, but .500 on the road is good enough. Be nice to get through a commercial timeout before giving up a goal tomorrow, and to walk away with 2 valuable road points.

And go Niners! Eff the Chefs!

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Figured I'd post this now since there's always a few posters that didn't realize these were morning games nor back-to-backs.
You are a benevolent dictator.

There are only two teams in the league that I truly hate, the Filthy Flyers and the Boston Ruined. Philly for the 70s and Boston for 2011 (Not just for beating us, but for jerks like Mike Milktoast whining about how dirty the Sedins were). And what two teams have we rolled over for...you guessed it....total of 10-1 goal defeats so far.

In Boston, the Blueger line play great and draws an early power play. We lose position and Boesser makes no effort to forecheck giving Boston time. Then Miller makes no effort to skate back and what happens. Effing Marchand scores. How to change a good game to a piece of crap in one sequence.
Hughes and EP let Marchand go to the net uncovered.

If you are naming players with lackadasical effort. Probably should name em all.
Missed the Detroit game. Looks like a decent effort from what I have seen thank goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad