GDT: [GM43] Canucks @ Sabres | Sat. Jan 13th, 1:00pm | SNP | Chillin' With Our Cousins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: January 13th, 1:00PM PST
WHERE: KeyBank Center, Buffalo, NY, USA
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Pettersson-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Blueger-Garland
Mikheyev-Suter-Kuzmenko
Höglander-Åman-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek
Soucy-Myers
Zadorov-Cole

TBD

Sabres Line-Up:

Mittlestadt-Thompson-Tuch
Peterka-Cozens-Quinn
Benson-Greenway-Okposo
Girgensons-Krebs-Robinson

Dahlin-Samuelsson
Power-Johnson
Johnson-Clifton

Lukkonen

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Lotto line should feast on the Sabres. Let’s hope they don’t take the win for granted though.
Looking at the butterfly effect, it looks like we won when we lost the coin flip and Buffalo drafted Gilbert Perrault and the Canucks drafted Tallon. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
1705081396693.png

1705081443613.png

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
You think at some point they will have a let down game, but they just keep winning. The Lotto Line is loving playing together and racking up points, so they will Probly keep that energy going against a weak Sabres team that lets in lots of goals. That Lotto Line energy is rubbing off on the rest of the team and keeping that energy going, so I won’t be surprised to see a high scoring win.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
Canucks are bagged. 6th game in a 7 game road trip and an afternoon game to boot (1pm local).
Pittsburgh tried to win in the third and they came very close counting on Canucks fatigue, the skills of Crosby, and a hot goaltender. Proud of the boys they found a way to win.

Buffalo is going to be out for blood?

This is the last ring of the Escape from New York test. Beat Buffalo and we beat all four NY teams.

Let's hope they wear a sweater that says Buffalo on it too.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
These last two games in Buffalo and Columbus are going to be a severe test. The Canucks have now become a 'measuring stick' game for a lot of these teams.

Not much doubt the rink will be tilted at times......suspect that Demko and DeSmith will need to steal one or two. The Canucks vaunted 'systems play' will be put to the test.

On the positive side of the ledger, I suspect both games will be high-scoring affairs. The lotto line should be able to pad their stats if nothing else.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
These last two games in Buffalo and Columbus are going to be a severe test. The Canucks have now become a 'measuring stick' game for a lot of these teams.

Not much doubt the rink will be tilted at times......suspect that Demko and DeSmith will need to steal one or two. The Canucks vaunted 'systems play' will be put to the test.

On the positive side of the ledger, I suspect both games will be high-scoring affairs. The lotto line should be able to pad their stats if nothing else.

I'd be very happy if we can split the last two games. Anything more would be gravy.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
With the way the Lotto Line is rolling, I fully expect us to beat both Buffalo and Columbus and would be upset if we didn't. Hughes had a rough game last night, he should be looking to bounce back hard against these lesser foes as well.

Garland's line continues to be clicking and I think they'll give us just enough support scoring for us to take the next two and make this a 6 game win streak.

LF f***ING GO!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I thought that the Sabres were going to have a huge breakout season this year..The team is obviously rich in young top end talent..It just demonstrates that even when you have successfully drafted young elite talent, the next hurdle to get to a perennial playoff team is extremely difficult..NJD,OTT,BUF all come to mind.

I agree with some posts here that the Canucks could be vulnerable in this one...Early start, and 3 games already this week...I just hope nobody gets banged up.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I didn't realize the Sabres could have saved us a world of pain... while you have to admire their survival instinct, it also makes me like them a little less.

Whichever GM the Canucks hired back in 2014 would have faced the same issues..The core was aged out, and there was no prospect pool, the Canucks were headed for pain no matter what.

If we'd hired Paul Fenton,Dudley,or Bortterill as Canucks GM, they likely would have come and gone. Most GM's on the down cycle years dont survive.

The Sabres are staring at 13 consecutive years out of the playoffs..things could have been considerably worse.

Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad