Post-Game Talk: [GM4] Canucks lose to Lightning | 3-4 (Boeser, Myers, & Miller | .500 Hockey Club

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: October 19th, 4:00PM PST
WHERE: Amalie Arena, Tampa, FL, USA
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Garland
Di Giuseppe-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Suter-Beauvillier
Hoglander-Lafferty-Studnicka/Mikheyev

Hughes-Hronek
Cole-Myers
Soucy-Juulsen/Friedman

Demko

Lightning Line-Up:

Barre-Boulet-Point-Kucherov
Stamkos-Cirelli-Hagel
Jeannot-Paul-Merela
Sheary-Glendening-Eyssimont

Hedman-Cernak
Sergachev-Raddysh
de Haan-Perbix

Johansson

Last edited:
Reactions: Bgav

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Canucks had better lay like their butts are on fire. Philly was a game that was absolutely winnable, and they simply got outworked all over the ice (except for Demko).

Reactions: TruKnyte

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
TB's honestly looked pretty bad so far.

It's the weakest they've been in years and, potentially, the weakest they'll be all year. Same with the Panthers on Saturday. If this team is worth anything, they will capitalize on that.

Reactions: Flik

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Which means we will lose yet again in embarrassing fashion
I think they'll win based on nothing else than gut feel.

It's the weakest they've been in years and, potentially, the weakest they'll be all year. Same with the Panthers on Saturday. If this team is worth anything, they will capitalize on that.
I am/was extremely low on TB relative to the market this season and picked them to miss the playoffs. Plus then the Vasi news came.

That said I didn't think they'd look this bad to start. At the least, Demko should be able to outduel Jonas Johansson.

Top heavy team without 2 of its star players so that makes sense.
Stamkos is out now, but goaltending really hasn't been the big problem. They've just played awful so for.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Honestly, I just want to see a game where the team comes out and plays a complete game. Limit high scoring chances against, generate meaningful offense while playing smart and sound hockey.

Lose a tight 4-2 or 3-2 game where shots and possession numbers are equal? No biggie.

Now, if they come out and fail to respond after yesterdays effort -where they get horribly outshot while bleeding high scoring chances against...Then yeah, f*** this team and the core group. Would probably be a harbinger of a mediocre season ahead.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Tampa is missing Vasilevskiy but Vegas was winning with multiple AHL goalies.
They know how to win and will see the Canucks as they have been the last 6 years, a win.
It is Tampa's home opener. Second game at home but they will be pissed after this road trip and it is a home game where they are fairly good.

Pretty sure Tampa doesn't need to look far to find motivation.

If the Canucks keep allowing as many shot attempts as the last two games Demko could be burned out before Christmas.

Defence by committee seems to be, stack up in front of the net.

Another week or so before we see if the old scabs are ripped off and bleeding starts again

It is soon but doesn't Tocchet's "structure" look like he wants a bunch of "cookies" out there? Meaning everyone regardless of skill or talent plays the same. Cookie cutter.

I think Tampa lays a licking on the Canucks.

7-2 with 4 PP goals.

Honestly, I just want to see a game where the team comes out and plays a complete game. Limit high scoring chances against, generate meaningful offense while playing smart and sound hockey.
That's been what? A dozen or so since 2017?

Reactions: Indiana

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
That's been what? A dozen or so since 2017?

Honestly, yes. There is more urgency this year though as their legitimate star forward will not re-sign with this team if they fail yet again. This core will not get a 4th coach.

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
The team needs to take a serious look at its lack of generation of offensive opportunities. We won’t always play weak goaltending like the Oilers have.

Garland, Beauvillier, Suter and Joshua are all passengers right now

When 33 percent of your towards are ineffective, you will have a problem scoring

Add in 2 putrid defenders in Myers and Juulsen and we are in some serious trouble

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Jonas Johansson or one nhl game matt Tomkins in goal, should be a very winnable game.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
The flyers game reeked of a letdown, especially after two wins against the Oilers. Of course the effort level over the 3 games has fallen off a cliff but I think they'll win this one for no reason other then they don't want Rick Tocchet to give his "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed speech" again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad