Post-Game Talk: [GM32] Canucks defeat Blackhawks | 4-3 (Pettersson, Joshua, Boeser, Mikheyev) | Afternoon Delight

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Got home 16 minutes ago, missed being able to comment on a ton of things for 15 days.

didnt get to see a second of hockey in Mexico ....

Mex wasn't great, as my wife broke her ankle 6 weeks ago, and was in a boot the whole time.

SFP the Canucks are exceeding even the most optimistic expectations on here.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Got home 16 minutes ago, missed being able to comment on a ton of things for 15 days.

Mex wasn't great, as my wife broke her ankle 6 weeks ago, and was in a boot the whole time.

Welcome back bro

Reactions: ChilliBilly

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
While I was away, I couldn't comment because I couldn't figure out my GD password.

Frustrating.

Anyhow, there was talk about health care in the states and the problem the player had in Dallas.

One thing that wasn't brought up was that emergency is a major problem in the states. Lots of people don't have health care, and live in or near poverty. If the have a health issue, they go to emergency. They can't be denied service, but they sure are not in any rush to deal with you or spend a lot of money if you can't show how you are going to pay.. But it clogs up the system. My wife had appendicitis about 10 years ago. We were 6 hours in emergency before we could see a doctor, and we had decent coverage.

It ended up costing over $30,000, and our share was about $16K if you include health care premiums. (Our premiums were about $350/mo because we got a subsidy because we have little income, and were below the poverty line. Oh, we went to mex, Spain and Australia that year, thats poverty for you). After we moved to Canada my wife's health care was $800/mo, and then there was a $7K deductible ... and then they only covered 80%.

So glad to live in a civilized country now. thank you Canada.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I wouldn't mind giving him a shot with Miller and maybe moving Hoglander up but yeah, he needs to be in the top six. He's essentially a Kessel type player.

Tocchet's trying to force him into playing a style his game isn't suited for and I don't really know why.
Because our top lines need to be able to perform in toughs and despite last seasons counting stats Kuzmenko is not good enough offensively to get a free pass on playing D.

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
They should make up a word for that, it's so good it's sinful.

Like sin-energy, or something like that . . .

Hopefully Tocchy figures out that EP and Kuz have that too, and stops trying to pound a round hole into a square peg.

Hopefully.
egad, one day I will learn to speak English and put into proper words what I am trying to say. Brain faster than fingers, fingers can't keep up; fingers rebel to make other words out of habit.

If you think about it, a lot of words entered the English language from weird phrasing of an idea.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Careful .. thats what gets him into trouble.. wandering with the puck and wandering in the ozone

They have his leash at a good length right now
I totally agree. He needs to play within himself but I see more production coming from Zads. The guy can move the puck much better than advertized, skates well and has a heavy shot. I was expecting him to be closer to Myers than Tanev on the scale, but he doesn't strike me as being particulary prone to gaffes. And it's not like he's been getting soft minutes either.

Reactions: andora

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023

Where did you stay in Tijuana?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad