Last edited:

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
eleven-giphy.gif

Ten goals wasn't good enough.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
San Jose, embarrassed at home. They won't need incentive and the Canucks luck is starting to come down.

25 years ago you would expect a really big physical response from them, but now, maybe a note passed under the table.

SJ is better than their record, not much, but better and they are starting to get closer in results, they may not be a pushover this time.

In the past Canuck luck would have them lose this game.

Vancouver has reached the pinnacle, can they stay there?

Every stat line says they should win easily but then there is "game management", not quite as evident as in the past where the winning team would suddenly get stupid and take 2 or 3 penalties, but still there. Teams still seem to be fairly even in PP's. But not ir one is much better than the other.

Canucks should/could feast on the SJ PK.

The schedule is not as bad as some make out, other teams have had worse, much worse. Vegas has played the same number of games

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I would have liked to hear how the practice went. They were in desperate need of one but the schedule is tight so it may have exacerbated some of their fatigue issues. But overall I think it'll be more beneficial to practice. Tocchet has already said that he sees them losing their details without practice.

IMO this is a team that had so much success because the structured forecheck and neutral zone layering would help the blue line deny entries or cause turnovers just as the opposition entered our zone. That hasn't happened as consistently in the last 6 or so games to my eye.

Another issue is that they've lost a lot of counterattack power because they're coming from deeper in their zone (if they don't just get hemmed in their zone in the first place), whereas the turnovers they caused high at the blueline early in the season would be crazy chances the other way when the other team is caught on their heels. Haven't seen too much of that lately either.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Apologies in advance. Not sure which forum to ask this...Are kids allowed to bring their water bottles to games at Rogers Arena? Would be the metal ones that can keep warm/hot water.

Reactions: Indiana

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I would have liked to hear how the practice went. They were in desperate need of one but the schedule is tight so it may have exacerbated some of their fatigue issues. But overall I think it'll be more beneficial to practice. Tocchet has already said that he sees them losing their details without practice.

IMO this is a team that had so much success because the structured forecheck and neutral zone layering would help the blue line deny entries or cause turnovers just as the opposition entered our zone. That hasn't happened as consistently in the last 6 or so games to my eye.

Another issue is that they've lost a lot of counterattack power because they're coming from deeper in their zone (if they don't just get hemmed in their zone in the first place), whereas the turnovers they caused high at the blueline early in the season would be crazy chances the other way when the other team is caught on their heels. Haven't seen too much of that lately either.
They didn’t really practice today..they had a team video session.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Just need a win. The Canucks have not looked good for some reason after losing Soucy and having scrubs fill in.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

“We need to take a step back, look at it, figure out what was not good enough, and fix it right away,” said Cole post game. “You know, fatigue should never be a factor. Yes, there’s a lot of hockey games. Yes, time zones, travel, all that, but it’s the NHL. There’s no excuses, like, ‘Oh, I was tired.’ You’ve gotta figure it out.”

“When you’re tired, you just got to play, you just got to be really smart,” said the Canucks’ bench boss. “You know, you’re out there for 30 seconds, you get the red, get it in deep. You know, get one guy safely off, get another guy, you know, standard structure. And then on the fourth goal, we make a switch then we leave the guts open. You know, we’re usually a pretty good team getting to the guts of the ice and we’re leaving that guts of the ice open. And then that’s when goalies have to play post to post. I hate when goalies have to play post to post. So you got to protect the guts of the ice even when you’re tired.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad