GDT: [GM14] Canucks @ Maple Leafs | Sat. Nov 11th, 4pm | HNIC/SNP | A Time to Remember

Status
Not open for further replies.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
I said it earlier in the season: As long as Myers is on this roster getting regular minutes, this team is a bubble team at best.
I think that's overstating it a bit, the team has shown they can shelter him sufficiently. It's going to be a huge issue if they do make the playoffs though.

Reactions: Ozone and Nomobo

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Gotta have these games on occasion…they get too high smelling their own farts...its a palate cleanser and a wake up call that they aren’t going to waltz into every building and impose their will on good teams.

Yep. They were flying in the first, and then completely fell apart. Lots of tape to review after this one. Hope they come out better tomorrow.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Still me
IMG_0159.jpeg

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Said it duting the Oilers game. This team was getting lazy in certain areas of the game and were getting bailed out by Demko. Everything goes to hell the minute Demko has a bad game.

I would not be surprised if they drop tomorrows game as well. Just really need to get back to working hard during a full 60 and not take periods off.

Reactions: wonton15

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
I’m just saying, there’s a lot of pressure on him right now, and a ton of attention, it’s not like it’s a big big deal, but it’s a possibility.

It’s 2 off games in a row on a 3 hour time difference. When you hear hooves you think horses, not zebras.

He’s talked about how much he loves the pressure, it’s not an issue. He’s played on HNIC his whole career, the team was going to have an off night and it just sucks it was tonight. Fans really overestimate how much effect these things have on players who do this 82 games a year and have been dealing with it for a decade already through junior.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
I think that's overstating it a bit, the team has shown they can shelter him sufficiently. It's going to be a huge issue if they do make the playoffs though.
The problem is due to his reputation + size (and contract, honestly). The moment he has a decent game, he gets promoted, only to cost this team two points at critical moments again.

Coach needs to just pump the brakes and keep his minutes down even if he plays well.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
One team showed up and the other didn't. Very weird to not get up for a game like this

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
When they've won lately we've said no passengers, tonight there's been tons of passengers. First two lines didn't really show up at all. Hughes terrible, Myers back to his old self.

Reactions: Jay26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad