Speculation: GM Search 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
My biggest concern is who selects the next GM. There's essentially nobody in the organization qualified to do it right now.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
My prediction:

Team President: Dean Lombardi
Team GM: Someone who served under Lombardi...Futa maybe?
Team Coach: Sutter

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I wonder if Lombardi would be pursued for a President of Hockey Ops role, similar to Shannahan in Toronto... and then Futa as the GM ?

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
I hate firing Tim, there's Antipin, he had Guhle pencilled in for a roster spot - now we go into another draft with a new GM - jesus. The Pegulas just suck.

I'm on board the Kyle Dubas bandwagon. He's young, has now run two winning organizations in Sault Ste Marie and the Marlies, has been an analytics driven guy way before it became accepted.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I hate firing Tim, there's Antipin, he had Guhle pencilled in for a roster spot - now we go into another draft with a new GM - jesus. The Pegulas just suck.

I'm on board the Kyle Dubas bandwagon. He's young, has now run two winning organizations in Sault Ste Marie and the Marlies, has been an analytics driven guy way before it became accepted.

I don't think Kyle Dubas leaves Toronto to go to the Sabres, he says he's happy to learn from Lou while he manages the Marlies.

Plus, I think the Sabres need to go with someone with some experience. Last big hire from Toronto was Dallas Eakins and look how well that turned out for the Oilers. I think a Dubas would be the first guy to say that he's not ready yet.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I really hope they don't bring Lombardi in. Yeah, he won 2 Cups, but some of that was luck. Meanwhile, that team is in a really tough spot going forward, saddled with some horrible contracts, and he completely depleted the prospects cupboard. He got lucky with the Richards situation, but that could have been devastating. Everyone was saying he should have bought Richards out when he had the chance. The Brown contract is one of the worst in the league. If Kopitar doesn't bounce back next year, his $10M contract will look ridiculous. Gaborik is signed for 5 more years until he's 39. The list goes on. I want no part of Dean-o.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Dubas for me. I know he's friendly with some of the scouting staff, so hopefully there wouldn't be complete turnover. I don't need dinosaurs like Lombardi and Sutter flipping the whole thing upside down.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I liked Treliving the first time around, so I'd be fine with him. Will Pegula go back to the Pittsburgh well for Guerin or Botterill?

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Dubas for me. I know he's friendly with some of the scouting staff, so hopefully there wouldn't be complete turnover. I don't need dinosaurs like Lombardi and Sutter flipping the whole thing upside down.

Yup, what a bunch of dinosaurs

fcbb50fd0a429a5a208a21e7a0b925f2

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
They better find somebody quick, though. With the expansion draft and draft coming up, there is a lot to do.

I hope Kevin Devine stays on the scouting side. I think he's been doing a good job the last few years.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
They better find somebody quick, though. With the expansion draft and draft coming up, there is a lot to do.

I hope Kevin Devine stays on the scouting side. I think he's been doing a good job the last few years.

You have to hope he has someone in mind and is lining them up as we speak. Then again...

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Don't want Lombardi/Sutter - as of now it's Dubas for me. Fenton and Botterill have been passed over so many times they must be terrible interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad