Management GM Pierre Dorion BEST moves #8

Which move was the best? #8

• Evgeni Dadonov (32 y/o) for Nick Holden (34 y/o) + 2022 3rd (VAN)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tyler Ennis (30 y/o) first contract (1 year x 0.800) : 33 pts in 61 GP, then traded for a 5th (#148)

• Cedric Paquette (27 y/o) + Alex Galchenyuk (26 y/o) for Ryan Dzingel (28 y/o)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
GM Pierre Dorion (2016-present) BEST moves

#1 - Erik Karlsson (28 y/o) for 1st round pick (#3 OA Tim Stützle) + Josh Norris + Rudolfs Balcers + Chris Tierney + Dylan DeMelo + 2nd round pick (#37 OA Mads Sogaard*) + 2nd round pick (#39 OA Zack Ostapchuk)
#2- Drake Batherson (23 y/o) extension (6 years x 4.975)
#3- Derick Brassard (30 y/o) for 1st round pick (JBD + Tychonick) + Gustavsson + 3rd round pick (via Ian Cole)
#4- Artem Zub (25 y/o) first contract (1 year x 0.925)
#5- Thomas Chabot (23 y/o) extension (8 years x 8.0)
#6- Ryan Dzingel (26 y/o) for Anthony Duclair (23 y/o) + 2020 2nd round pick (#52 OA) + 2021 2nd round pick (#37 OA)
#7- Jean-Gabriel Pageau (27 y/o) for 2020 1st round pick (#28 OA Ridly Greig) + 2020 2nd round pick (#59 OA)
#8-
#9-
#10-

* Ottawa traded up using the Panthers 2nd round pick and the Penguins 3rd round pick (swapped with Ottawa's 3rd in the Brassard trade)

Of course all of this is with the benefit of hindsight, we are starting to look at the end results of these moves

Some moves to add later

- Victor Mete (22 y/o) claimed on waivers
- 5th round pick for Mike Reilly then traded for a 3rd round pick
- 4th round pick round pick for Austin Watson
- 4th round pick for Namestnikov then flipped for a 4th round pick
- Phaneuf + Thompson for Gaborik (contract dump)
- Hiring Boucher coaching staff

- Artem Zub extension (2 years x 2.5) : was it a good move?
- Zack Smith (31 y/o) for Artem Anisimov (31 y/o) : was it a good move?
- 5th round pick for Mike Condon : was it a good move? he was on waivers a bit before and we ended up overpaying him

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Last edited:

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I’d put Brady’s extension above any of these but I voted Ceci for Brown + Zaitsev. Brown has been a great addition and even Zaitsev was a decent stop gap, although his contract is a tad too long.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think Dorion's best moves remaining have to be been putting Trent Mann in charge of the draft and hiring Troy Mann to coach in Belleville.

Yeah I thought before it was great that Dorion brought Trent Mann in the organization until I looked it up and it was actually Bryan Murray who did. And then by rebound, Troy also joined later. But thanks for not losing them I guess.

Reactions: PlayOn

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Yeah I thought before it was great that Dorion brought Trent Mann in the organization until I looked it up and it was actually Bryan Murray who did. And then by rebound, Troy also joined later. But thanks for not losing them I guess.
Well, Murray didn't sign Trent Mann specifically to bring in his brother... :sarcasm:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

I said he put him in charge of the draft not that he hired him. He did hire Troy.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Trading a PPG+ #1 center and ending up with Lassi is not a win whatsoever, even if Duchene was a rental.

That was one of the few times in his career that Duchene was ppg. We had other assets, that Dorion ruined, but a 1st rounder for an aging player who's been a lower end #1C, who needs a new contract was fine considering the term

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad