News Article: GM Patrik Allvin announced the club has assigned F Sheldon Dries to Abbotsford (AHL) and recalled D Noah Juulsen from Abbotsford.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Juulsen absolutely sucks.

Would prefer calling up Wolanin and playing literally any of the LD at RD to giving Juulsen minutes.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014

Would prefer calling up Wolanin and playing literally any of the LD at RD to giving Juulsen minutes.
With Myers, Dermott and now Poolman all out, the Canucks basically are down to a 'waiver wire' blueline. In that regard, Wolanin and Juulsen fit right in, because they've both been on waivers this season.

But that's what happens when you haven't been able to draft and develop any defensemen other than Hughes and maybe Ratbhone, for almost a decade.

Reactions: Bitz and Bites

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Game 2 and we're already down to using Juulsen. This is literally the same team as last season but without the new coach Bruce effect.

Ruthervin

Jul 30, 2022
Seattle

I don't mind Juulsen because he somewhat resembles Paul Walker (RIP) from the Fast and the Furious. :-p. In all seriousness though, it's too bad what happened to Juulsen. He seemed like he was a half-decent prospect a few years back but he never really got back on track from those concussions. Agreed that Wolanin would probably be a better choice here.

p.s. - slightly off topic but one Canucks prospect that I really liked was Justin Bailey. I thought he had a lot of potential and felt like he could have broken through had our farm developed him better.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
2Q7c2HT.png

Well... that's not ideal.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Didn’t think Juulsen looked too bad in his brief stint with the team last year, but unless Rathbone really struggles, I don’t see him getting into the lineup here.

Crappy news for Poolman - hope he’s alright.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Poolman on the ice this morning. As much as I dislike his contract he had a excellent opening game and would be nice to see him healthy and without health complications. Thought he was our best D against Edmonton.

Juulsen is alright as a 5RD? Has enough physical tools that the NHL doesn't change THAT much for him in terms of what he's capable of. Good organizational player.

I agree that Rathbone probably gets shafted. It would be nice to add him to our PP2 but 5v5 he could be an issue and with desperation mounting I could see a conservative approach at the fringes of the roster. We'll see

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Didn’t think Juulsen looked too bad in his brief stint with the team last year, but unless Rathbone really struggles, I don’t see him getting into the lineup here.

Crappy news for Poolman - hope he’s alright.
He wasnt bad at all..I remember that he played in that stretch of games in January when it seemed most of our D were injured or in covid protocol.. We beat the Leafs at home with a skeleton D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad