GM Game 7 Discussion Thread

Expansion Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
  • There will be a Seattle expansion draft. This will occur before the 2020 Entry Draft so the GM can participate in the game. If you are interested, send that with your teams and you will be entered into the drawing.
  • The first thing that will occur is the 2020 NHL Entry Draft. The order will be decided based on current order. There will be no draft lottery except to find out 1st overall. But teams who have conditional picks that include a choice between current or future drafts will get to choose for themselves. Example: Vancouver does not have to give up 2020 1st to New Jersy, they can give up 2021 instead.
  • After this, free agency will occur. All teams will have a chance to sign UFA's before the draft starts. All RFAs are automatically qualified. Offersheets will be allowed. Teams may sign RFA's before Free Agency.
  • After a brief UFA period, trading will open and the 2020-2021 season will commence. Trading will continue for roughly 5-7 days. A precise timeline will be decided upon in game.
  • All players you sign in UFA are UNTRADABLE for the remaining duration of the game, including those signed before Free Agency.
  • The salary cap will be 81.5M. The cap floor with be 65M.
  • There will not be any NTCs in this game. Feel free to go wild. But if someone feels a trade should be blocked, the game commissioners will determine if the GM's need to redo their trade.
  • DO NOT SEND IN ANY TRADES. PLEASE.
  • All trades are subject to commissioner approval and can be vetoed if the value is believed to be too far off by a unanimous vote.
  • Trading will once all teams are filled
  • Voting will occur immediately after the trade deadline. You will rank the teams in each division and send us your rankings. From there, we will determine the final standings and playoff match-ups which will be voted on afterward.
  • Voting will also occur for rebuilders.
  • There will NOT be a 2021 NHL Entry Draft. This does not mean that 2021 picks are not valuable, as the amount of 2021 picks a team has SHOULD BE CONSIDERED when voting for the best rebuilder.
  • If you have any questions, feel free to PM the commissioners.
  • PLEASE READ THE RULES IN THEIR ENTIRETY.
Anaheim - @m0pe
Arizona - @SJSharks39
Boston - @m0pe
Buffalo - @stempniaksen
Calgary - @Peter Griffin
Carolina - @hockeynorth
Chicago - @TribalPhoenix
Colorado - @Hasbro
Columbus - @BumDum
Dallas - @Blinny
Detroit - @Carl182
Edmonton - @BumDum
Florida - @OB5
Los Angeles - @TribalPhoenix
Minnesota - @DatsyukianDekes13
Montreal - @AveryStar4Eva
Nashville - @forsbergavs32
New Jersey - @hockeynorth
NY Islanders - @uncleben
NY Rangers - @5cotland
Ottawa - @EvilDead
Philadelphia - @Llamamoto
Pittsburgh - @AveryStar4Eva
San Jose - @uncleben
Seattle - @SJSharks39
St. Louis - @Llamamoto
Tampa Bay - @SJSharks39
Toronto - @BeLeafing
Vancouver - @Peter Griffin
Washington - @OB5
Winnipeg - @Blinny
Vegas - @OB5

Last edited by a moderator:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Well the vote is pretty close but I know a few of the guys that voted no don't really care one way or another about the expansion and honestly I want to run the expansion team so we are doing an expansion draft. :laugh: Sign ups are open!

Also going to need a couple volunteers for a few roles during the game:

RFA Agents (2)
  1. @AveryStar4Eva
  2. @hockeynorth
Veto Committee (2)
  1. @OB5
  2. @BumDum
Draft Handler (1 or 2)
  1. @TribalPhoenix

Last edited:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Wait, why am I the Oilers? I never signed up. I'll pass on this one with the playoffs coming up.

Thanks for thinking of me though SJ ;)

Last edited:

OB5

May 2, 2015
If we double up we're at 24 which isn't bad. Let's get some more guys folks, recruit!

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Since something seems to pop up every time I start one of these, I’ll sit out this one unless we’re desperate for GMs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad