GM Game #7 by TP, RR, and IR

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I know this game kind of feels like it's on life support, but I"m pretty excited about seeing what I can do with Dallas' new assets in the first post trade deadline game.

Hopefully we can find some agents to get this game going. I'd volunteer, but I'm looking to sign forward, D, and goalie free agents.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I can be a forward agent if everyone would be OK with Dallas re-signing Eric Nystrom. He's the only forward I'm interested in, and the reason Dallas (in real life) didn't trade him is because they are reportedly pretty close to an extension. There's mutual interest between both parties.

If that won't work, I can still be the forward agent for everyone but Nystrom.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

On a game note, Tomas Vincour and Philip Larsen are on the block. I'm looking for non-NHL roster assets in return.

I'd prefer an AHL scoring LW or center. I'd take a 3rd pick for each as well, but I'll only take a pick after exploring player options.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I really think this game is too dead to revive, sorry guys. We'll take a break until the end of the regular season and then start up the FA games.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
I really think this game is too dead to revive, sorry guys. We'll take a break until the end of the regular season and then start up the FA games.

Bloody hell, I leave for 5 days and look what happens.... :laugh:

Sad... I would have been an agent.

I remember the times where we had agent jobs filled in an afternoon...

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
See you after the 25th!

EDIT : please delete this post, the Habs are getting destroyed since I've posted it...

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't know if I should keep doing these things or not.

I think I have my timeline right, then the first time I started playing these games ... Dallas signed Fabian Brunnstrom, and they had a magical run in the playoffs. Brunnstrom turned into a massive bust, they signed Sean Avery that summer, and they've missed the playoffs for the 5th straight time.

I don't know if I should blame ya'll and this game or just live with it.

:cry:

EDIT: Oh yeah ... and we're about to probably have the 4th .... 4th coach since 2008.

****ing 4th.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I don't know if I should keep doing these things or not.

I think I have my timeline right, then the first time I started playing these games ... Dallas signed Fabian Brunnstrom, and they had a magical run in the playoffs. Brunnstrom turned into a massive bust, they signed Sean Avery that summer, and they've missed the playoffs for the 5th straight time.

I don't know if I should blame ya'll and this game or just live with it.

:cry:

EDIT: Oh yeah ... and we're about to probably have the 4th .... 4th coach since 2008.

****ing 4th.

Please stick around. We're lacking active GMs these days.

Wonder who's interested in starting things back up. Playoffs will be different for me this year with the Isles in it, but I still love the FA games.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Wonder who's interested in starting things back up. Playoffs will be different for me this year with the Isles in it, but I still love the FA games.

I honestly feel much better with Jim Nill coming in as GM. Pretty excited honestly.

Quick question though, how will we handle conditional picks?

Specifically, Dallas has Boston's 2nd unless they make the ECF. Then, Dallas gets Boston's 1st.

But ... yeah ... I'm in. I think this is going to be a very crazy off-season for Dallas. Sounds like we're about to get the much needed total rebuild. I think everyone in their late 20s to early 30s is probably gone. Although, I think they'll likely hold on to Lehtonen, one of Daley and Goligoski, and probably not trade Eriksson unless it's a huge over-payment. They have to get to the floor somehow.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I honestly feel much better with Jim Nill coming in as GM. Pretty excited honestly.

Quick question though, how will we handle conditional picks?

Specifically, Dallas has Boston's 2nd unless they make the ECF. Then, Dallas gets Boston's 1st.

But ... yeah ... I'm in. I think this is going to be a very crazy off-season for Dallas. Sounds like we're about to get the much needed total rebuild. I think everyone in their late 20s to early 30s is probably gone. Although, I think they'll likely hold on to Lehtonen, one of Daley and Goligoski, and probably not trade Eriksson unless it's a huge over-payment. They have to get to the floor somehow.

Give the Caps Eakin back please.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
I'll be around for FA Games this summer folks. As you can see, I've recently changed my username.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Wouldn't mind participating in a GM game as Tampa Bay GM. Have to be from the beginning and with a good group of active posters....it's been a few years for me but used to help run these GM games on here quite a bit during the summer months.
(Former screen name The Hockey Hitman)

Anyways if something new starts hit me up via PM

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Wouldn't mind participating in a GM game as Tampa Bay GM. Have to be from the beginning and with a good group of active posters....it's been a few years for me but used to help run these GM games on here quite a bit during the summer months.

Holy ****! He's alive!

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Who the **** are you?

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

So I guess you'll be able to start FA Game 1 after Game 4 of the NYI-PIT series?

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006

Oh my gosh! Nice to see you around, buddy!

I also wanna play and can help run. Now that school will be done in a week or so I should have plenty of time. I will try to keep checking this thread for updates but someone should send me a PM just in case!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad