GM Game #6 Sign Up **Cancelled**

Status
Not open for further replies.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
The time that this game hypothetically takes place in is during the trade deadline of the 2011-2012 season. After our deadline has passed, we will vote on the season standings, as well as the winners of each playoff round until we get a Stanley Cup winner. After the Stanley Cup voting, we will have an offseason consisting of a 4 round entry draft, free agency, and more trades. If you have any questions, PM me.

If you are interested, please PM me with a list of 3 teams that you'd like to be the GM of. For the time being you'll only receive one team, but if 30 GMs cannot be found we will consider having people run 2 teams. Respected GMs over the past couple years will have priority in their team selection. Sign up will not necessarily be done on a first come first serve basis. Also note that GMs with a bad reputation may or may not be accepted, dependent on the amount of overall interest.

Note: Don't think that anything is wrong if I haven't responded to your PMs. If you PMed me, chances are you have been given a GM position.

Do not post in this thread. It will be left open so I can observe who actually reads the rules. If you post in this thread, you will not get the first team on your list.

Have fun!

**UFA and RFA agents needed!**

defaultFavTeam.png

GM LIST

Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division
New Jersey Devils-
New York Islanders-
New York Rangers-
Philadelphia Flyers-
Pittsburgh Penguins-

Northeast Division
Boston Bruins-
Buffalo Sabres-
Montreal Canadiens-
Ottawa Senators- SixthSens
Toronto Maple Leafs- Kessel>Seguin +

Southeast Division
Carolina Hurricanes- TribalPhoenix
Florida Panthers-
Tampa Bay Lightning-
Washington Capitals-
Winnipeg Jets- Capital Punishment

Western Conference

Central Division
Chicago Blackhawks-
Columbus Blue Jackets- donghabs98
Detroit Red Wings-
Nashville Predators-
St. Louis Blues- IslesRock4

Northwest Division
Calgary Flames-
Colorado Avalanche-
Edmonton Oilers-
Minnesota Wild-
Vancouver Canucks-

Pacific Division
Anaheim Ducks-
Dallas Stars-
Los Angeles Kings- C-Saku Koivu MTL
Phoenix Coyotes-
San Jose Sharks-

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
We can try another one post-deadline, TP. I guess it would be more like the spring/summer FA Games, which I plan on starting early-mid April. We'll have a solid month break with no games to refresh a bit.

JGardiner51

Nov 22, 2011
Leafs Nation
I get why you have to "feel comfortable" to put someone in your gm game but honestly there are a lot of users including myself that are very active gm's in multiple gm games that never get a spot in your gm games. If you didn't only put your buddies in the games you would fill your game up in a day no problem.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I get why you have to "feel comfortable" to put someone in your gm game but honestly there are a lot of users including myself that are very active gm's in multiple gm games that never get a spot in your gm games. If you didn't only put your buddies in the games you would fill your game up in a day no problem.

Do I know you?

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
All jokes aside, the reality is that these games are a lot of work for the people running it. When people come in and they don't participate, it ruins things. When they make ridiculous trades, they ruin things. When they don't show up for a draft, then ***** 4 hours later that their team "would have totally picked xxxxxxxx over yyyyyyyy, WTF, this sucks", it ruins things.

As a result, introducing 10 new GM's into a game presents issues. A few, fine. It's how you earn a reputation as being active. Otherwise, no deal. Less to do with "core" people, and more to do with having the work you put in be fruitful.

JGardiner51

Nov 22, 2011
Leafs Nation
All jokes aside, the reality is that these games are a lot of work for the people running it. When people come in and they don't participate, it ruins things. When they make ridiculous trades, they ruin things. When they don't show up for a draft, then ***** 4 hours later that their team "would have totally picked xxxxxxxx over yyyyyyyy, WTF, this sucks", it ruins things.

As a result, introducing 10 new GM's into a game presents issues. A few, fine. It's how you earn a reputation as being active. Otherwise, no deal. Less to do with "core" people, and more to do with having the work you put in be fruitful.

Take a look at the previous gm games that us "rookies" have done and you'd see that there are around 10 gms who aren't in your "core" that have been active throughout our games. When I pm'd to ask to join the 5th game you guys had I even told the guy where to look and see that i had been active, but of course no dice. Why not automatically assume that we would screw your game up. Or here's an idea take a second and ask some of the "core" that are in other games aswell. How is anyone supposed build a reputation if you never give anyone a shot?

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Alright, I think we've gone through enough here. If you don't like the way I run things, then I don't know why you even want to be in my games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad