GM Game 6 - General Discussion

OB5

May 2, 2015
Habs are around if anyone wants to get some preliminary talks going...

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Sens are around as well. We're actually looking to contend soon, so calling all rebuilders!

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
:jets Looking to retool, especially on defense and need a backup goalie. Not moving Ehlers, Scheifele, Connor, Wheeler, Hellebuyck (will move Laine in the right deal, likely a hockey trade). All futures on the table as well.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:wings here

Looking to add to our goaltending and defense. Also may be willing to move down for the right price.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Just to play devils advocate, what about Ottawa wanting to contend soon?

That should be their goal, I don't think they can tear things down anymore can they? Does it make any sense for Colorado to start selling off Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog etc in order to get more picks, when they were just awarded a top 4 pick?

OB5

May 2, 2015
That should be their goal, I don't think they can tear things down anymore can they? Does it make any sense for Colorado to start selling off Mackinnon, Rantanen, Landeskog etc in order to get more picks, when they were just awarded a top 4 pick?
Nope but it would be very fun to see it happen.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Still need 14 GM's. I've sent some recruitment PM's to past GM's but if anyone else knows of anyone that would be interested, let them know!

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:nucks

Biggest need is to add a scoring winger or two in the top 6. Would also like to add another top 4 defenseman, preferably a RH'ed shot. Chris Tanev, Ben Hutton, Sven Baertschi and Jake Virtanen all available. Will consider moving 10th overall for the right offer as well as Jacob Markstrom.
Brandon Sutter(with up to 50% retention)
readily available. Same goes for Markus Granlund, Nikolay Goldobin and Derrick Pouliot if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Nah, it ruins the dynamics of the game when you've got teams that clearly shouldn't be re-building, re-building.

I personally say let him do what he wants. I just don't like when teams go completely all in, trading away every last pick/prospect.

Reactions: OB5

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I prefer seeing the wacky rebuilds and contenders. Makes it more interesting.

If not, you get the same teams dominating every single game, and the winner is often decided before the first trade is even made.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018

If not, you get the same teams dominating every single game, and the winner is often decided before the first trade is even made.

That's pretty much why I decided to try to contend with the Sens. Its nice to see some change.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I just don't see the challenge in taking a team with a bunch of young talent and selling it off for picks/prospects. Of course you're going to get a bunch of good, young assets back, you're trading good, young assets.

OB5

May 2, 2015

I agree, we do often see the exact same thing unfold with nearly every game we play. It's nice to get some twists in here and see some variety. Every game shouldn't be the same.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad