GM Game #3 by T_Cage, RR, and IR4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
:avs

The Avs know that we aren't a playoff team this year, and so we are looking for young high impact players, picks and prospects.

Available:

Paul Stastny (for a legit top-pairing d-man)
David Jones
Matt Hunwick
Jay McClement
Jan Hejda
Peter Mueller

Looking for:

Top-pairing d-man
Star Winger
Top-6 centre

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
:panthers

Also gimme yo prospects fool. Weiss Fleischmann and Versteeg are OTB but only for talented players. Get outta here with your scrubs.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:coyotes

Have re-signed Captain Shane Doan to a 5-year deal worth $30M ($6M cap hit). The deal includes an NMC and is front-loaded: $7M per years 1 & 2; $6M years 3 & 4; $4M year 5.

We have also re-signed the following RFAs:

Andy Miele -- 2 years, $975K per (Year 1 is 2-way, year 2 is 1-way)

Chris Summers -- 2 years, 2-way, $925K per

Colin Long -- 1 year, 2-way, $652K per

Brock Trotter -- 1 year, 2-way, $605K

Matt Watkins -- 1 year, 2-way, $550K

And we qualified Viktor Tikhonov, Nick Ross, Marc Cheverie, Justin Pogge, and Tyler Eckford.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
THE DEFINITIVE RFA GUIDE

You can start sending in your West RFAs anytime. Here are some guidelines/helpful tips to sending in RFA offers to make the process run smoother, including some of my 'trade secrets', just cause i'm a nice guy (avoid the sarcastic remarks):

*If sending a 2way, INCLUDE the AHL salary! This is key, and can also be an effective bargaining chip
*If you don't say it's a 2way, i'm logging it as a 1way offer. It may seem obvious, but it does happen. So if you don't want an ECHLer on your roster making 700k/yr, you only need to type 4 charatcers, '2way'. You don't even need to add the grammatically-correct hyphen. I'm not picky.
*If you qualify a guy, there is a chance he accepts his QO if it's in the player's best interest. That's the risk/reward of the RFA system.

now, the tips:
*Don't be afraid to offer a guy below his QO. Most of the time they won't take it cause...well why would they? but it might make sense if it's worth it to the player. For example:
- If its a 1way
-If it has a higher AHL pay in exchange for a break in NHL pay. Especially effective if he's in a tight battle for an NHL spot, as a lower caphit gives a guy an edge
*There are some 'perks' you can use, even with RFAs. Offering the 'C', the 'A', even NTCs/NMCs (they won't go in effect until a guy enters his UFA years, but if a guy is say 1yr from UFA and you offer a 3yr contract, the last 2 can include NTC/NMC). Get creative
*This is probably my favourite that even some CBA veterans don't catch. weither a players previous deal was 1way or 2way has NO bearing on your offer. A player must be given a 1way RFA offer if they meet ALL of the following:
-60gms played this yr (or in our case, projected to play)
-180gms played the previous 3 seasons
-Did not clear waivers this season
ALL others can be qualified on a 2way. To use an example from my team, Peter REgin won't hit 60gms this yr b/c of his injury. This means to qualify him, all i need to do is offer 1.05M/x, despite teh fact he's currently on a 1way.

Now, this is a good way to tick off your client most times (and I'm not doing it with Regin btw, but i could). But it's useful if (a) you just want to retain his rights, or (b) if he's overpaid atm and you'd bring him back on a cheaper 1way. So proceed with caution :P

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
Let me Re-iterate my desire for a young 2nd line center.

Pieces available

Min 1st '12
Min 2nd '12
Pho 2nd '12
Marco Scandella
Charlie Coyle
Dany Heatley
Colton Gillies

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
:cbj

We're surprised at the lack of interest for Jeff Carter and Rick Nash. We are making everyone available. We're looking for prospects and draft picks.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
:rangers slightly frustrated that they haven't had any interest.

Quality young players are available as well as some roster players.

Looking for top line LW/top pairing defensemen.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Seriously, I understand that it's turkey week but you should be allowed to take over for an MIA GM like Boston or something.

Contending teams should be filled with active owners, it would be wrong if a team ended up inning without a competent GM.

The game has been up for less than 27 hours. I do replace GMs if they are inactive, but it's too soon. Stay a little more patient.

GreatStateofHockey

Oct 2, 2011
The game has been up for less than 27 hours. I do replace GMs if they are inactive, but it's too soon. Stay a little more patient.

It feels like it's been up for longer. I guess its understandable if it's been that short.

My thanksgiving weekend has gone by slowly seeing as I didn't travel.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
:nucks

On the Block:
Mason Raymond
Chris Tanev
All prospects and draft picks (excluding Eddie Lack)

Looking for:
Top 6 forward
Top 4 defenseman
Tough, veteran 3rd/4th liner with playoff experience.

I don't have high end prospects to trade, but I am open to trading my 1st and 2nd rounders this year, and my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders for next year.

I'd like to package Raymond + picks/prospects for a more veteran 2nd line winger (who isn't an upcoming UFA).
I'd also like to package Tanev + Andrew Alberts (for cap reasons) + picks/prospects for a tough 2nd pairing defenseman (who isn't an upcoming UFA).

And if you have a tough, veteran 3rd/4th liner, I'd like to package Dale Weise + picks/prospects for your guy.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:devils

Needs:

1. Top end defenceman: While we are willing to wait until the off-season, we would prefer to add someone sooner rather than later. Willing to move Mark Fayne/Andy Greene + picks and prospects (upgrade only).

2. Future #1 goalie: Again, this is probably an off-season move, but the Devils are looking to make a move for a young goaltender to start as early as next year.

3. Veteran upgrade on our 4th line: Looking to trade guys like Janssen, Mills, Sestito, ect + picks for defensive minded/veteran 4th liners

Available pieces: Ryan Carter, Petr Sykora, Rod Pelley, Cam Janssen, Brad Mills, Tim Sestito, Bryce Salvador, Mark Fraser, Andy Greene/Mark Fayne (upgrade only), All picks and prospects

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:nashville is still shopping around. Players like Colin Wilson and Ryan Ellis are available for a number 1 center. We're willing to move every other prospect (Beck, Watson, Josi, Roussel, Geoffrion, etc) and every pick (1sts and 2nds in 2012 and 2013) for a top six winger (or two) and a top 4 defenseman (or two).

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
:panthers

The Stephen Weiss sweepstakes are ramping up. Get your offers in because I'll be deciding tomorrow or if you catch me right, tonight when I'm drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad