GM candidates ‎Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
The system no longer fits this team. They dont know who or what kind of team they are. Until they do, we will suffer. The other teams know what we do now. Its no surprise they've figured out how to be us. Its stale, boring hockey with a stubborn head coach who can't adapt his style to face certain teams. Hence, how we play against the Habs.

I'm done with him as coach its time. Its okay to admit it. Change is needed. And it wasnt just PC's fault. Claude deserves blame too.

I should just ignore this POV but... Like the Knight propaganda I...just... can't.
Anywayyy... I could not disagree more.

Give Julien the horses sit back and enjoy the show.

The only other coach that might do better than Julien with this group is Laviolette.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
What do folks think of the Yandle deal? I thought the Rangers gave up to much and does Gorton get any credit for this

If they win the Cup, the price to acquire him is immaterial.

Sort of like the Bruins' Kaberle deal.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Sweeney vs Gorton, A boys club vs an eternal assistant manager. Wow... Can't wait for the up tempo games with the old horses.:shakehead

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I should just ignore this POV but... Like the Knight propaganda I...just... can't.
Anywayyy... I could not disagree more.

Give Julien the horses sit back and enjoy the show.

The only other coach that might do better than Julien with this group is Laviolette.

Well that means big changes in roster but with this duo it's unlikely.
If they name Sweeney I'm not mad, I just want to see some effort and not do the same things over and over again, sit back and sell talent for cap room.

Pens had it a lot worse and they had a lot weaker coach and got in, julien should have changed his style but he won't.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well that means big changes in roster but with this duo it's unlikely.
If they name Sweeney I'm not mad, I just want to see some effort and not do the same things over and over again, sit back and sell talent for cap room.

Pens had it a lot worse and they had a lot weaker coach and got in, julien should have changed his style but he won't.

Pens had a ton of injuries for sure, but they also have a guy named Crosby and another named Malkin, with all due respect to the Bruins, they don`t quite have that kind of player(s)

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
With Sweeney already being the assistant GM and now acting GM, the Bruins really don't have to rush to name him. He is already doing the job so if they are going to name him GM, they don't have to rush and make a press conference to announce it. This way as well, they can say that they took their time and interviewed everyone available and felt that Sweeney was the top guy to take over.

Hope this is the case. It would be disastrous if Jacobs wants Gorton & Cam wants Sweeney. I'm very much hoping it's Don.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Hope this is the case. It would be disastrous if Jacobs wants Gorton & Cam wants Sweeney. I'm very much hoping it's Don.

Saw that Elliotte Friedman reported that George McPhee was in for an interview. Please tell me that was for informational purposes only!

A Cam vs Charlie power struggle would be bad for business long term

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If they win the Cup, the price to acquire him is immaterial.

Sort of like the Bruins' Kaberle deal.

It's eerily similar to the Kaberle situation.

Yandle was brought in to be a key guy on the point on the PP and help get the puck up to the forwards from the Rangers zone. I think he's done a decent job of that.

But because he's a left-handed shot on a team with 2 more dependable defensive D-men (Staal and McDonagh) he get's relegated to the 3rd pair with Klein (Much like Kaberle was with McQuaid).

If the Rangers win the cup, doubtful Yandle will get much of the credit given his contributions thus far. Much like Kaberle though, if the Rangers win they couldn't of done it without him.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Saw that Elliotte Friedman reported that George McPhee was in for an interview. Please tell me that was for informational purposes only!

It's not very nice, but I believe McPhee's time has passed. Informational purposes only, one hopes.

There had better not be a Cam/Charlie split. To me, PC's dismissal was a mistake. If there's a disagreement per direction, we all know Cam is a proud guy who would rather walk away. And we all know who's ultimately in charge as well.

Hoping' it's Don.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast

That man destroyed the capitals. I don't want him doing any more damage to our team.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It seems that Mike Futa had a lot to do with building the Kings...I'l like to see them at least interview him...

http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=40773

"Futa came to the Kings when he was appointed Co-Director of Amateur Scouting along with Mark Yannetti. Together, Futa and Yannetti rebuilt and retooled the entire Kings Amateur Scouting staff. Under Futa and Yannetti’s guidance, the Amateur Scouting staff has been responsible for building the Kings stable of top prospects which includes current Kings Drew Doughty, Kyle Clifford, Alec Martinez, Slava Voynov, Dwight King and Jordan Nolan – all members of the 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Championship teams – as well as Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson, and former Kings Wayne Simmonds, Andrei Loktionov, Linden Vey, Andrew Campbell and Brayden Schenn. Jake Muzzin was also signed as a free agent by the Kings after the Amateur Scouting staff identified him as a top prospect."

I'm also glad that (I read) they interviewed Paul Fenton...At least to pick his brain a bit.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It's eerily similar to the Kaberle situation.

Yandle was brought in to be a key guy on the point on the PP and help get the puck up to the forwards from the Rangers zone. I think he's done a decent job of that.

But because he's a left-handed shot on a team with 2 more dependable defensive D-men (Staal and McDonagh) he get's relegated to the 3rd pair with Klein (Much like Kaberle was with McQuaid).

If the Rangers win the cup, doubtful Yandle will get much of the credit given his contributions thus far. Much like Kaberle though, if the Rangers win they couldn't of done it without him.

Agree to a point.

Difference is that Kaberle was just mediocre, and in the games I have watched (most of them), Yandle has been bad. Just one of those deals that looks good on paper where a guy doesn't seem to have "meshed" with his new team.

It happens.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Malkin was injured a lot during the season and crosby had "off" year for him :laugh:, look at their D and those injuries, everyone were injured, both of their 1st pairing D's for a long time.

But like I've said I'd be okay with Sweeney, just hoping we will be able to improve our team and do bigger changes,
roster needs help.

Pens finished 2 points higher than the B's.

The difference may have been the Pens getting slightly better goaltending.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
It seems that Mike Futa had a lot to do with building the Kings...I'l like to see them at least interview him...

http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=40773

"Futa came to the Kings when he was appointed Co-Director of Amateur Scouting along with Mark Yannetti. Together, Futa and Yannetti rebuilt and retooled the entire Kings Amateur Scouting staff. Under Futa and Yannetti’s guidance, the Amateur Scouting staff has been responsible for building the Kings stable of top prospects which includes current Kings Drew Doughty, Kyle Clifford, Alec Martinez, Slava Voynov, Dwight King and Jordan Nolan – all members of the 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Championship teams – as well as Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson, and former Kings Wayne Simmonds, Andrei Loktionov, Linden Vey, Andrew Campbell and Brayden Schenn. Jake Muzzin was also signed as a free agent by the Kings after the Amateur Scouting staff identified him as a top prospect."

I'm also glad that (I read) they interviewed Paul Fenton...At least to pick his brain a bit.

LOVE Mike Futa. That man knows how to draft. IF they brought him aboard, maybe he can bring over some of his buddies in the Kings scouting department.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Ooh. I didnt think of Futa. That would be a great hiring. Dont think he's even in consideration though, right?

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
here's another Sweeney story- I ran into him with my kid and he was not with Boston yet as assistant GM; I told him she was in learn to skate and very good but didn't want to play hockey. She was about 3 feet tall so he knelt down and explained what a great game hockey was, how much fun, the kids you will meet, on and on

my kid started playing for a youth hockey team that week, was on several league, state championship teams and was captain of her HS team

I tried my ass of to get her to play and he did it in 10 minutes- she still laughs at this today

Great little story, DKH. Sweeney is obviously a quality guy. Haven't had the chance to meet him myself.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
george mcphee? the man who desperately tried to save his job by trading forsberg for erat? gross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad