GM and Coaches not returning --4th to fall: Kings kick everyone to the street

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Tis that time of the season. We have threads like this for the first coach and GMs fired and we might as well have it for the end...

for me LAK clean house-Both Coach and GM gone

I think the NYI take a long look at Snow

Buffalo GM I think is on thin ice as is the jets GM

would not be shocked if GMs bite the dust quickly this off season

the hit list

1) Ruff Coach Dallas
2) Vancouver's entire coaching staff
3) Tom Rowe and his fancy stat people
4)LAK sack basically eceryone

Last edited:

tylerseguin

Jun 6, 2016
Italia
Obviously, I think Benning is not safe but I think that he will get another year after the good job he did at the deadline.

Talking about the coach, Willie will be fired.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Wouldn't be surprised if Ruff is not back in Dallas.

I wonder about Maurice and Cheveldayoff in Winnipeg. They can't seem to get into the playoffs, but I'm not sure if that's their fault or not.

Desjardins has to be done in Vancouver right?

Florida will probably have a new head coach next year I'd think.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays

I wonder about Maurice and Cheveldayoff in Winnipeg. They can't seem to get into the playoffs, but I'm not sure if that's their fault or not.

Yea ownership and management wont be able to handle the backlash if Desjardins isnt run out of town this summer, Benning has atleast another year before most fans and media want him gone

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Kings coach and gm with Rob Blake taking over
I think Buff cans Murray and maybe Bylsma
Hope Snow is turfed but keep Weight as their coach
I think Van cleans house starting with Linden
Winnipeg may drop Maurice
Fla needs to start fresh top down imo

All just guessing here

kurtcobang

Feb 18, 2007
Buffalo isn't firing Tim Murray.

Care to explain why? I look at his Reinhert pick and how he has been up and down
Trading for Kane?
Not really improving as quick as expected and thats why i think he will be let go before the draft

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

Well whose fault would it be then?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Tis that time of the season. We have threads like this for the first coach and GMs fired and we might as well have it for the end...

for me LAK clean house-Both Coach and GM gone

I think the NYI take a long look at Snow

Buffalo GM I think is on thin ice as is the jets GM

would not be shocked if GMs bite the dust quickly this off season

Oh please, bring him to Florida.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Well whose fault would it be then?

I assume goaltending is part of the problem. They seem to have drafted some good players, so it looks like Chevy has done a good job in that area. I hope they are able to put it together soon. I like them and want them to do well.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008

Dallas I think it's a roster problem, weak blueline + very weak goaltending, hard to blame the coach. More of a GM problem IMO.

Winnipeg I think the roster actually underperforms, so I think Maurice is responsible more than the GM in that case.

Nobody could turn Vancouver's roster into a winner, that doesn't mean Desjardins is good, just that the teams record really isn't an indication of coaching. Unless there's a great coaching option available, I think they should just hold onto Desjardins for another year as they continue to rebuild.

Florida I think underperformed as well, should find a long-term coaching solution.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Not a chance Tim Murray is fired, he just signed an extension early in the season. While the Sabres season was a disappointment they were also at the top of the league for man games lost by important players. He's only been GM for 3 seasons, taking over a team that was in worse shape than what Vegas will be.

His draft choices are now at an age where some should be making the team beginning next year. Another disappointing season next year and he should be on the hot seat.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Anyone who thought thinks that the front office in Vancouver need to go makes me laugh. They're cleaning up the mess that they've inherited from past regimes. They're rebuilding. Accept it now.

Snow, in my mind, is on the hot seat. He built a great roster the rest but way but he couldn't maintain it

tokyoite

I changed my name from "nipponjin" last summer.
Feb 22, 2015
Tokyo metropolitan area JPN
Coaches likely gone at the end of the regular season :
Dave Tippett (fired), Jared Bednar (fired), Lindy Ruff (fired), Darryl Sutter, John Hynes (fired), Doug Weight, Dave Hakstol (fired), Jon Cooper (if the team misses the playoffs), Willy Desjardins (fired), Paul Maurice (fired)

GMs likely gone at the end of the regular season :
Kevin Cheveldayoff (fired), Dean Lombardi, Garth Snow

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I think if the Bruins miss the playoffs AGAIN this year there will be a massacre in the front office.

Cam Neely (President) and Don Sweeney (GM) - gone.

Other pins would fall, too; but they would be the first to go.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
snow hasn't done anything important to build around a top 5c in the league. it's time to can his ass.

Snow's been GM since 2006 I think? I mean, that's more than a decade to fully implement a "plan". Some GMs get fired prematurely when they're not given enough time to see their vision come to fruition, but Snow really has had as much time as you could possibly hope for, and hasn't really found much success.

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Coaches likely gone at the end of the regular season :
Dave Tippett (fired), Jared Bednar (fired), Lindy Ruff (fired), Darryl Sutter, John Hynes (fired), Doug Weight, Dave Hakstol (fired), Jon Cooper (if the team misses the playoffs), Willy Desjardins (fired), Paul Maurice (fired)

GMs likely gone at the end of the regular season :
Kevin Cheveldayoff (fired), Dean Lombardi, Garth Snow

I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be but Shero is high on Hynes and said earlier this season that he wasn't going to fire him. Obviously things can change but it's not like Hynes has really had much to work with since becoming head coach. My guess is he gets till at least Thanksgiving or Christmas of next season.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Anyone who thought thinks that the front office in Vancouver need to go makes me laugh. They're cleaning up the mess that they've inherited from past regimes. They're rebuilding. Accept it now.

Snow, in my mind, is on the hot seat. He built a great roster the rest but way but he couldn't maintain it

We accepted the rebuild. The dumb ****s you keep saying are rebuilding didn't. 'cleaning up the mess.' what a crock of ****.

'We know the message this year. We are contending for the playoffs, not developing. There is no confusion of the message in our lockerroom this year.' that is the team captain earlier this year.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I'm not saying he should or shouldn't be but Shero is high on Hynes and said earlier this season that he wasn't going to fire him. Obviously things can change but it's not like Hynes has really had much to work with since becoming head coach. My guess is he gets till at least Thanksgiving or Christmas of next season.

I dunno, I think Shero learned his lesson after keeping Bylsma around for too long in Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad